The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie?

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40
chicagostyledog

• Total Posts: 3218
RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Thu, 12/9/04 9:52 AM (permalink)
The Elegant Farmer makes a wonderful apple pie. They're known for their "Apple Pie baked in a Bag." For information and locations, check out their website at: www.elegantfarmer.com

cleveland66

• Total Posts: 129
    RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Thu, 12/9/04 11:20 AM (permalink)
    George's Grill in Shreveport, LA. I don't even like apple pie, and I eat a piece everytime I'm there.

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
      RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Thu, 12/9/04 12:51 PM (permalink)
      Bill and Barbara Windsor took a "pie trip" around America a couple of years ago to find the best pie in America. In all they ate 181 pieces of pie. The pie they rated as their 4th best pie in America (with a score of 94 out of 100) was a caramel apple raisin (or a caramel apple pecan, as they list it at a different place on their website) pie at the Plaza Restaurant in Santa Fe, NM. Have any of you ever eaten at this restaurant? It sounds like it is a roadfood type of place. The Windsors said, "We saw two police cars in front of the Plaza Restaurant in Santa Fe, and the officers confirmed that it was an excellent place to eat. It is always a good idea to eat where you see multiple police cars. The Plaza Restaurant has been serving since 1918." The "pie trip" website is at: http://www.roundamerica.com/pie-best.htm

sammur

• Total Posts: 138
        RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Thu, 12/9/04 1:54 PM (permalink)
        Try the "caramel apple raisin" pie at the Plaza restaurant in Santa Fe. You won't be disappointed.

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
          RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Sat, 12/11/04 8:06 AM (permalink)
          It's a Mexican Restaurant now, but Pete & Clara's Cafe in San Juan Capistrano had apple pie that rivaled my Aunt Billye's. They made their pies every morning, and the taste reflected that, as well as Clara's expertise. Served hot with a scoop of their exquisite french vanilla ice cream, heaven on a side plate.

danimal15

• Total Posts: 1092
            RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Wed, 12/15/04 4:15 PM (permalink)
            I'd love to try this place, but it's 100 miles from nowhere:

http://www.dailypie.com/

Sandy Eggo

• Total Posts: 226
              RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Mon, 10/3/05 4:18 PM (permalink)
              There are three places in which I have had the best Apple Pie I have ever had. My Aunt’s homemade apple pie with apples picked from their backyard. She would put cheese on it and it tasted really good.

The other is a place I used to go to when I lived in Kirkland Washington was Remlinger Farms. http://www.remlingerfarms.com/

Down here in the Julian Pie Company has some very delicious pies and Apple is their specialty. http://www.julianpie.com/cgi-bin/ePages.filereader?4341919d000c756e0000c0a8013a0606+EN/catalogs/112832

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Mon, 10/17/05 10:40 AM (permalink)
                I'd second the Julian pie sompany. An FBI agent I knew once recommended the apple pie at the Twin Peaks Cafe in Twin Peaks, Washington.

trudyn

• Total Posts: 117
                  RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Tue, 10/18/05 2:24 AM (permalink)
                  Was it agent Cooper?

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                    RE: Have you ever had a great restaurant apple pie? Tue, 10/18/05 2:36 AM (permalink)
                    Indeed, it was.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                      Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 40 of 40

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com