Headlines from the year 2029:

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Author
BT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: Headlines from the year 2029: 2006/03/09 01:51:34 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by fpczyz

quote:
stevencarry Posted - 03/09/2006 : 00:32:59
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ten hours to get ready for a 45 min. trip, I thought you were into coffee?
Travel tip, get a 24 hr bus pass to get from the airport, and use it on the double deckers that run up and down the strip and buses all over the valley. Same thing coming back. (BT says you're cheap, or maybe says he's cheap I forget)

lol...................... Harrah's limo will pick Linda and I up at the airport...thank-you very much !!!
and back and forth from the race track. and VIP seats in there enclosed air conditioned suite...........
BT is definitely the cheap guy in our west coast bunch........ imagine he spends 5 days in NYC the Jewish Food Capital of the World and what does he eat every freekin day??? $0.50 Chinese dumplings.......... geeeeeez He even passed up the $0.75 cent hot dogs at Gray's Papaya. Wait till we get him to pick up the bill at a joint on Santana Row........... lol

Frank, you obviously missed the significance of my New York travalogue. The dumplings were not only wonderful, they were $0.25. It's easy to understand your mistake because I never heard of such a pricew for them in the Bay Area either--but that's New York. And if you had read carefully, I made the pilgrimage to Katz's, but frankly as my taste buds atrophy with age they demand more FIRE than exists in kosher-style food--but those dumplings dripping with Sriracha!!

Oh, and as I repeatedly said, the Chelsea Papaya was right across the street and I ate their hot dogs 2 at a time, twice a day.

Santana Row's a fire trap--I remember when it nearly burned to the ground--and took part of San Jose with it.

But at least, as a stockholder in Harrah's Entertainment Inc. (HET: NYSE), I approve of your choice of Las Vegas lodging and my mom, as a stockholder in International Speedway, Inc. (Pink sheets: ISCB)approves of your reason for going there.
stevencarry
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 359
RE: Headlines from the year 2029: 2006/03/09 02:09:14 (permalink)
I am too lazy to open Food Lover's Companion, so what is "Sriracha"
BT
Filet Mignon
RE: Headlines from the year 2029: 2006/03/09 04:12:29 (permalink)
Sriracha is that lovely red pepper/garlic sauce from Huy Fong Foods of Rosemead, CA which is near ubiquitous in Asian restaurants around the country. I'm sure you've seen it--comes in big plastic squeeze bottles with a rooster on them. In the NYC dumpling places they seem to mix it with some extra vinegar (but no soy)--it already contains some vinegar-- as a sauce to be liberally applied to everything. Yum.

jeepguy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: Headlines from the year 2029: 2006/03/09 04:47:18 (permalink)
I thought the original post was kinda stupid and a bit lame.Maybe i have a broader sense of humor.I'm 47 and can only hope to see 2029.And Siracha sauce is something i've used for at least seven years.Don't even use it anymore- i have Chinatown where i buy Pham's Chili sauce,Maesri spring roll sauce,and one of the hottest Asian sauces out there,Maesri Seafood sauce.
BT
Filet Mignon
RE: Headlines from the year 2029: 2006/03/09 13:07:31 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by jeepguy

Siracha sauce is something i've used for at least seven years.Don't even use it anymore- i have Chinatown where i buy Pham's Chili sauce,Maesri spring roll sauce,and one of the hottest Asian sauces out there,Maesri Seafood sauce.

It's a wonder how these threads morph. And you like what you like. But I will say that some of the Asian markets in San Francisco have dozens and dozens of chili and chili garlic sauces, all different and one might prefer any of them. Sriracha isn't the best for, say cooking, but it happens to be what an awful lot of Asian places, including ones where you might be the only English-speaking person around, put out for table use, especially it seemed, in NYC. In San Francisco, home-made hot chili oil on the table might actually be more common but I've seen Sriracha a lot too. I am always fairly suspicious of anything labeled "spring roll sauce" or associated with any one food. Most Asians who've been eating these things from birth mix their own dipping sauce from a few basic sauces including some version of either a chili or chili/garlic sauce, hot chili oil, soy, vinegar, maybe fish sauce and so on. I do too. And some days I feel like a different mixture than another. Normally for dumplings I use about equal amounts of soy, hot chili oil and vinegar but I have to admit that the Sriracha/vinegar sauces offerred by the several NYC dumpling places I tried was awfully good.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2 - Powered by APG vNext Trial
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1