Hot!Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
wanderingjew
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7898
2010/09/09 21:04:16 (permalink)

Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket

I promised Chi Town Diner I would begin my trip report this evening since he is suffering from withdrawal symptoms after 2 weeks of consecutive pie photos.

This was a 2 1/2 week long venture into America's heartland precipitated by this previous thread which I started 4 years ago.
http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=238997

If you review the thread it seems that the heartland received the least love regarding favorite american cuisine. Well I hope I can prove that not only is the heartland a definitive region of culinary diversity  but that many of the specialties which sadly have been neglected as of late and labeled as dead or dying are in fact alive and well and better than ever...

Thursday August 19

An early flight out of TF Green ensured an early arrival of 11 AM in Minneapolis St Paul after a brief layover at Midway in Chicago.
After getting my car rental, I was on my way down to Red Wing just under an hour from the Airport. I was on a quest. I was looking for that definitive Minnesotan Dish. I did my research, and yes it does exist, although usually as just an alternating weekly or monthly special and it's  even more challenging to find in the summer months.

You see I was looking for Hotdish

Not Gimmicky Hotdish

or

Pretentious

"Haute Dish"
but the real deal
So I went to visit an old friend I last saw in 2006

and found it there!

When I arrived the place was packed and in full swing. I enjoyed a superb Hot Roast Pork Commerial when I last  visited Bev's Cafe in 2006 and was hoping for another fine experience.

Of course I ordered the Tater Tot Hotdish which I never had before and was somewhat apprehensive if it would meet or exceed my expectations or be a flat out disappointment.

My meal arrived with a side of Asparagus and it exceeded my expectations. It was heads and shoulders above  my Tater Tot Hotdish on a stick I experienced at the Minnesota State Fair 4 years earlier (which lead to my initial apprehension). With hints of Cardamon Spice there was definitely a Scandinavian touch to this meal.

I finished my meal off with a slice of good ol' homemade apple pie.

At the end of my meal I also met the owner which I also had the opportunity to do at  several other restaurants I visited on my trip.  The entire staff was extremely accommodating and gracious.

What I noticed at many of the cafes in the midwest is that most folks go for lunch just before noon and shortly after 1pm the place clears out.

Same thing with dinner too. Shortly before 6pm everyone arrives and shortly after 7pm the restaurants are empty..

Anyway, my take on Tater Tot Hotdish is that I probably wouldn't go out of my way again to find it, but if it's on the menu I would certainly order it again.

After lunch I headed back towards the Twin Cities to meet up with Davydd at one of his favorite watering holes

Lord Fletchers on Lake Minnetonka

Arriving first, I enjoyed the view

and noticed that they paid homage to my old neck of the woods

Davydd arrived about 5 minutes after I got there and we each ordered Minnesota's own Summit Beer which I actually enjoyed numerous times over the course of this trip. We talked for probably close to two hours and discussed just about everything including my trip up North a few days a way, as well as Davydd's house on Lake Minnetonka, his trip with his family the following day and of course Breaded Pork tenderloins, the meaning behind his screen name and several other interesting subjects,  and of course I had to let him know what I enjoyed for lunch before our meet up and even Davydd conceeded that hotdish can be good. As rush hour was approaching I had to leave since I was heading about an hour north for dinner and didn't want to hit too much rush hour traffic which Davydd warned me about. I enjoyed meeting Davydd.

Well, Davydd was right I hit insane traffic as I tried to head north from the Twin Cities. Considering I was up since 4am and had already done quite a bit of driving I decided not to take the nearly hour long drive up north (having to return back to the Twin Cities after dinner) and decided I would flip flop my meals and do Friday's lunch for Thursday's dinner and vice versa, besides at this point I was only a few miles away from what would have been Fridays' lunch...

In 2001 the Stern's put out their book Blue Plate Specials and Blue Ribbon Chefs.
In that book they praised a restaurant called Carol's Calico Kitchen. Unfortunately that restaurant suffered a fire loss and the owner reopened as

Carol's Restaurant and Vintage Rose in Blaine MN with continued rave reviews on both YELP and Urbanspoon.

The interior

reminds me of the type of Roadfood restaurants the Stern's used to write about pre website.

After reviewing their online menu I already new what I wanted....

I ordered  the hot meat loaf commercial

Unfortunately they accidentally delivered a hot turkey commercial which looked absolutely fantastic but it wasn't what I wanted. Had I had time to go back, I would have tried it. I notified the waitress of the error and she apolgized and immediately corrected it. The original owner's daughter who is also part owner also came over to ensure that everything was ok.

This was a fine sandwich and even the cranberry sauce on the side was a nice touch with the meatloaf, everything was absolutely homemade, even the bread. Truly the first highlight of the trip.

I wish I could say the same thing about dessert. Carol's has a website on "my space" their menu indicates they have sour cream raisin pie on the menu. Unfortunately I found out it is no longer offered on the menu and is more or less a seasonal item. I also found out that they don't do their own baking. They did have rhubarb pie on the menu. I never had rhubarb pie before, I've had strawberry rhubarb, raspberry rhubarb, etc.

I found the pie to be somewhat bitter. I guess you really need to acqure  a taste for rhubarb pie, unfortunately I didn't.

After dinner I was exhausted, I checked into my hotel the fairfield inn near Mall of America. I was just planning on staying there one night as I will staying in downtown Minneapolis the next few nights....

Much, much much, much more to come....The next installment will likely be tomorrow.
post edited by wanderingjew - 2010/09/09 21:17:51

202 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10400
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/09 21:12:33 (permalink)
    TWO slices of pie on the first day!  Keep up the good work.  The apple pie looks terrific.
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3778
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/09 21:18:51 (permalink)
    A hotdish and a hot commercial in the same day.  You are doing the upper Midwest for sure!
    wheregreggeats.com
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4615
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/09 21:45:11 (permalink)
    Looks great.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8075
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/09 22:26:04 (permalink)
    Sounds great, but I'm not sure about the hot dish. Can you describe what it is?  To me it looks like oatmeal with mixed vegetables mixed in.  If I saw it, I wouldn't order it....  But, I might after I know.
    boyardee65
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1460
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 06:13:57 (permalink)
      Looks to me like SOS with little corn niblets mixed in, poured over tater tots. Sounds good to me having been raised in Kansas and Missouri.

David O.
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 07:18:15 (permalink)
    That's pretty much what it is.  I can't speak with determination about that, but it looks like ground beef + cream of mushroom soup + frozen mixed vegetables + tater tots, either in a crust on top or as a bottom layer.

I like hotdish, I have made hotdish, but I don't think I'd travel to another state for hotdish.  But mine and Dale's differences on this subject are well established.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 08:17:21 (permalink)
    I believe Cream of Mushroom soup is used as well as vegetables, ground beef and tater tots. I liked it although at first I couldn't gage whether this was good, bad or average hotdish, there were definitely spices in there, I could at least detect Cardamon. I did end up having tater tot hotdish one more time later in the trip (completely by accident) and although it was good, it wasn't  nearly as good as the Hotdish I enjoyed at Bev's Cafe.

I can't find Hot Dish anywhere outside of the Northern Midwest. Even when I lived in  Seattle,  with its large Scandinavian population, the locals didn't know about it. The only people I knew there that knew what Hotdish was, were transplants from Wisconsin-Minnesota-Dakotas which leads me to believe that its a Northern Midwest thing versus a scandihoovian-american thing. So I guess the same train of thought is that others won't travel outside of their state for hotdogs, burger or pancakes.  In fact outside of a couple of regional style burgers - I deliberately kept burgers to a minimum on this trip.

Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 08:27:01 (permalink)
    If those people put cardamom in their hotdish I would wager they're smoking something in the kitchen.  And it's not meat.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 08:31:26 (permalink)
    Nancypalooza

If those people put cardamom in their hotdish I would wager they're smoking something in the kitchen.  And it's not meat.

You know, it could have been cinnamon-nutmeg-allspice- something along those lines. I wasn't sure what it was, but it worked.
    susanll
    • Total Posts : 1077
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 08:50:15 (permalink)
    Ewww, that hotdish picture brings back terrible memories.  When something like that was served in our house, I was relegated to my bedroom.  The rule was: Eat what is served or eat nothing at all!  Ick.
    Ralph Melton
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 902
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 08:58:01 (permalink)
    I'm not familiar with this use of the word "commercial". Is it different from "hot sandwich with gravy"?
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 09:14:23 (permalink)
    Ralph Melton

I'm not familiar with this use of the word "commercial". Is it different from "hot sandwich with gravy"?

That's what the local menus call it. The Sterns have used the same lingo when referring to these sandwiches in the Northern Midwest so perhaps they might have an answer. It's unique to me because I can't find anything remotely similar here in Rhode Island...
    billyboy
    • Total Posts : 2434
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 09:31:17 (permalink)
    Hey WJ!  Great stuff man.  I'm hooked already.  Nice that you were able to break bread with Davyd.  You mentioned "gimmicky" hotdish with an accompanying photo of Grumpy's Bar.  Is there a story behind that?
    post edited by billyboy - 2010/09/10 09:57:09
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 09:48:26 (permalink)
    billyboy

Hey WJ!  Great stuff man.  I'm hooked already.  Nice that you were able tyo break bread with Davyd.  You mentioned "gimmicky" hotdish with an accompanying photo of Grumpy's Bar.  Is there a story behind that?

Actually Davydd and I had the opportunity to "break beer" which I was looking forward to since we're both beer guys. Speaking of Davydd, he's the man who can best explain the story behind Grumpy's. Paraphrasing from what Davydd relayed to me is that it's two young guys from Chicago behind an overly stereotypical Minnesotacentric menu.
    ChiTownDiner
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2986
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 17:41:21 (permalink)
    WJ - Nice start...cured my withdrawals.  I see buffetbuster is keeping tabs on the pie count!  That means all is right with the world!  Your apple looked great!  Keep it coming brother!
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 19:19:27 (permalink)
    Friday August 20

Waking up to a dreary morning with on and off drizzle is not pleasant. I needed something to cheer me up...

How about a meal at one of my favorite breakfast joints in the country

Hell's Kitchen, located right in downtown Minneapolis.  I got here after enjoying a couple of quick cups of decent coffee at a coffee house in uptown called Isle Bun and Coffee.

This is their new location, when I last visited 4 years ago, it was at their original location a block or so away.

The first thing to arrive at the table was their trio of spreads including their fantastic peanut butter which I tried for the first time.

very dense n' crunchy...

It mated very well with the amazing sausage bread

a side of garlickly bison sausage

and a cup of sweet n hearty Mahnomin Porridge complete the meal

There are very few occasions I can say that I enjoyed each and every course of a meal- This was on of them.....

However there are few things I wasn't happy with...

I found the decor tacky and overdone

and the new space lacks the intimacy that the old place had.

Most important of all, the website is very misleading as it refers to "their parking garage" for parking options. After parking in "their" parking garage when I got to the restaurant I found out that it is in fact NOT their parking garage and that they do not provide validated parking. Although I only paid $5 for parking, I could have parked a block or two away and paid a few $ less. Although I'll admit it was drizzling and I didn't have an umbrella and didn't know if it would get worse or better after leaving the restaurant.

After breakfast the sun was shining again (although it was very muggy) and I decided to revisit

Minnehaha State Park which I last visited 12 years ago
    Home of

Minnehaha Falls.

Enjoying the natural beauty and taking advantage of the trails both beneath and over the falls, the jaunt was quite invigorating.

After an hour or two of walking around It was time to take the hour drive north of the Twin Cities for lunch at..

Kaffe Stuga in Harris MN

In business for over 50 years. The place was buzzing when I got there around lunchtime.

I started out with their outstanding Wild Rice Soup.

Although this was my first cup of wild rice soup of the trip (which I would enjoy 3 more times) I will declare this now as the best "traditional" cream of wild rice soup of the trip. Thick and flavorful and loaded with grainy goodness. I did have one cup that was even better but it was more of a buttery broth.

I then moved on to a fantastic Hot Beef Commercial

Fork tender beef, homemade gravy and real mashed  potatos.

Will this meal be as perfect as the last????

It's strawberry pie. But I don't know what to make of it. It's supposedly home made but appears to be poorly constructed and I wasn't convinced that it was. It was ok, but it was the only glitch of the meal.....

After lunch, the weather seemed fine enough to head to Interstate State Park in Taylor Falls for a little bit of nature and trail hopping...

But not before a stop in Lindstrom MN

Yes that's a coffee pot on top of that tower!

And a stop at The Lindstrom Bakery for one of their scandinavian donuts

It was a cake style donut, it was ok, nothing to write home about.

I then continued on to the park...

I was about a third of the way through the trail when it started to pour. Luckily the dense forest prevented me from getting too wet..

I waited out the rain  at the nearby visitors center... When it stopped raining I observed some of the amazing pot hole formations that the park is famous for.

There's even a river boat which provides tours of the lake

It would have been cool to spend more time here and explore but I had to get back to Minneapolis in time for the ballgame..

Before heading back to check into my new hotel. I stopped for an early dinner at

Mavericks in Roseville (Just outside of St Paul)\

It was before dinner time and the place was empty. Allthough I did enjoy the decor.

I had the brisket served on a dark pumpernickel roll

Brisket can sometimes run a little dry, but not this brisket it was quite juicy and flavorful and was quite good, the smear of horseradish complimented the sandwich quite well. I also got an order of  onion rings

The two guys behind the counter who took my order were great. They gave me a sample of their Roast Beef to try as well..

It was good but the brisket gets the nod over the roast beef.
    After dinner I headed back to Minneapolis to check into my new hotel, the Holiday Inn Metrodome about a couple of miles from Target Field

New home of the Minnesota Twins.

The exterior of the ballpark is constructed with local granite

Lots of great statues surrounding the ballpark including

Rod Carew...

Inside the ballpark was even better!

The view from my seat

also offering

great views of the skyline...

The Twins were playing the mediocre LA Angels that evening. Fortunately It didn't rain but it was excessively muggy and humid and taking the nearly 2 mile walk to and from my hotel left me sticky and sweaty... I believe I ended up having more bottled water than beer.

The Twins beat the Angels that evening. Unfortunately I don't remember the score..

And of course here are "The Twins"

"Minnie" and "Paul"

After the game I walked back to my hotel, and so far- everything has been perfect no rain outs, no closed restaurants and look what's located right next to my hotel!

The town hall Brewery- a local brew pub.

What more could I ask for???

That's it for installment #2

I'll be busy this weekend, so I probably won't be able to add more until next week..

Again...this is going to be a long one....
    post edited by wanderingjew - 2010/09/10 19:25:53
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18652
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 19:36:39 (permalink)
    >That's what the local menus call it. The Sterns have used the same lingo when referring to these sandwiches in the Northern Midwest so perhaps they might have an answer. It's unique to me because I can't find anything remotely similar here in Rhode Island... <

It's a local name. Here in central Ohio they call a hot roast beef or turkey sandwich a Split for some strange reason.
    mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 20:03:14 (permalink)
    Dale, I'm sure glad that you ordered those sandwiches.  I don't know that I'd be happy with slop looking meals.  Now your desserts look devine!  (They don't have rice pudding to go with the theme?)
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6449
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 20:29:40 (permalink)
    WJ

Your trip thus far has looked great, good food, great roadfood friends, local brews, and that beautiful new stadium.  Looking forward to seeing and reading about the rest of your adventure.

The rice soup looks FANTASTIC, I would love 3 bowls to go puhleeze!

Pie count stands at 3 for now (CCD & BB)
    mar52
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/10 21:31:00 (permalink)
    Truth is I'd really have to try all those things we can't get in Los Angeles.  At least once!

I still like chewing.  

Tell me about that Wild Rice Soup...

Cream base?  Cheese?  Was there a predominant  flavor other than the rice?
    MSPD
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 79
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/12 22:38:35 (permalink)
    Always love hearing reports from MSP.
    Re: "Commercial"...I've been living here 20 years and have eaten a lot of meatloaf/turkey/etc. sandwiches like that and this is the first time I've heard the term.  I can't remember it from a menu, but I suppose now I'll be noticing it everywhere.
    ScreamingChicken
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5143
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 10:02:42 (permalink)
    wanderingjew

"Minnie" and "Paul"

When I first saw this photo I wondered why "Paul" has a big dollar sign on his shirt...must be something in my subconscious about professional sports.

Great report so far, WJ, for both food and scenery.  The commercials, sausage bread and wild rice soup look particularly good and I'll bet I could easily kill a day in Minnehaha Park; hopefully if I can get tickets to a Twins-White Sox game next year I'll be able to make a weekend of it.

Anxiously awaiting your shots of Nicollet Mall after dark...

Brad
    post edited by Brad_Olson - 2010/09/13 10:04:04
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 10:07:34 (permalink)
    Minnehaha Falls is really beautiful--there are several parks in the downtown areas where you could easily lose a day.

Marlene, you often add cream at the very end of cooking a wild rice soup, but that flavor is really unique.  Very subtle but very unique.  It's almost nutty like a bean moreso than rice.  It's like if you took brown rice and made it really good.  :)
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4727
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 10:15:50 (permalink)
    Excellent report, Dale. Can't wait for more. the wild rice soup and the porridge look very good.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 19:25:15 (permalink)
    Nancypalooza

Marlene, you often add cream at the very end of cooking a wild rice soup, but that flavor is really unique.  Very subtle but very unique.  It's almost nutty like a bean moreso than rice.  It's like if you took brown rice and made it really good.  :)

You hit the nail right on the head.  I was going to describe it as brown rice on steroids. Chewier and with a richer grainier taste. I guess the best analogy would be like comparing steel cut oats to plain ol' oatmeal.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 20:28:53 (permalink)
    Brad,

I walked by Nicollet Mall several times between my hotel and the ballpark- unfortunately I didn't walk up Nicollet Mall during the course of my trip,.

Saturday August 21

I decide to drive approximately 30 miles west of downtown Minneapolis to Delano MN

My first stop for breakfast was The Three Crows Coffee House and Cafe

One thing I noticed, coffee houses in Minnesota are more than just coffee houses. Besides serving great coffee many have full menus offering comfort food in a northwoods lodge setting. The Three Crows is no exception.

I decided to skip the special

And  went with the Minnesota Flappers

These are buckwheat pancakes loaded with wild rice and blueberries

The portions were substantial and hearty and they were really good. The coffee was also exceptional. In fact I thought it was better than Bun Aisle  in Minneapolis. I really enjoyed the fact that since they were busy, I was allowed to go up and refill my own cup.

After breakfast I walked around Delano's Main Street and eventually took the brief walk to stop # 2

Peppermint Twist

Cool exterior-- they were just opening up when I got there around 11AM.

I got their namesake peppermint shake''

It does have bits of peppermint in the shake, but I was underwhelmed. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but I guess I was expecting more. It wasn't bad but I didn't think it was anything special.

From there I made my way north.

As I was driving. I entered the town of Buffalo MN and noticed a beautiful lake to my left.

There was also a Saturday Morning Farmer's Market in the center of town.

and I decided to pull over, and explore since I had some time to kill before lunch

After taking both the farmers market and the lake, I continued up North about another 10 miles to the town of Monticello MN for my lunch stop at

The Cornerstone Cafe

The place was only about 1/3 full when I arrived

I started out with the chicken wild rice soup.

The soup itself was ok although I could taste the cream and chicken stock,  unfortunately the wild rice did not take center stage and therefore it was my least favorite wild rice soup of the trip.

On the other hand, I was given a sample of their tomato basil soup 

and that was exeptional.

My main course

Was yet another Hotdish!- Chicken and Wild Rice

I really enjoyed the creamy mushroom sauce which covered the chicken and I confirmed that the wild rice is in fact the real deal.

Finally for  dessert, I noticed their huge pie selection. but I already knew what I wanted, and it was waiting for me...

This was the most dense and richest sour cream raisin pie of the entire trip. It was almost too much of a good thing. I ate about a 1/4 of my pie and then had to ask them to box the rest of of it up for later I just couldn't finish it but yes I did finish it off at my hotel later on in the evening.

I then returned to Minneapolis just in time for my second twins game it was a mid afternoon game that began at 3pm. It was a warm Saturday afternoon, thankfully it seemed to less humid than the day before.

The Twins continued their series with the Angels...
    For this game, former Yankee, Hideki Matsui was the designated hitter for the Angels.

And considering that I was the only person applauding everytime he came up to bat, I can assume that I'm the only one that cared.

The Angels beat the Twins in this game.

After the game I walked back to my hotel and had probably one of the best beers of the trip, a "smoked heff"  at the brewpub next door.

Ahi Mpls was supposed to join me at my final stop of the evening. She called and  told me she would be unable to make it.

Be that as it may, I made it to

Casper and Runyons The Nook in St Paul

One of several homes of The Twin Cities Juicy Lucy.

The place was packed and there was a good 90 minute wait for  a table.

I got a kick out of their decor

I started out with the cheese curds (Hey Wisconsin isn't that far away)

Which tasted a little flat. The Cheese Curds I enjoyed at the state fair 4 years earlier were much better..

Finally my juicy lucy arrived...

I wasn't sure how I was going to take a photo of this. I didn't want to bite into it and have the cheese splatter everywhere. I decided to let the burger cool down a little and then cut a piece away...and that seemed to work..

It was certainly a good burger and definitely had more character than the Connecticut Steamed Cheeseburger but it left me wondering what all the hype was all about. It's a stuffed cheeseburger for crying out loud, there was really nothing about it that made me think "wow....this is really unique".. Like Tatertot Hotdish I don't think I would go out of my way to find  one again but if it were on the menu I would certainly get one.

After dinner I returned back to my hotel for another nightcap at the brew pub next door and then called it a night...

More tomorrow....

post edited by wanderingjew - 2010/09/13 20:40:40
    Ivyhouse
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 331
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 20:43:43 (permalink)
    Very nice report.  The chicken and wild rice looks wonderful.
    Nancypalooza
    Filet Mignon
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/13 22:41:20 (permalink)
    I think the chicken and wild rice sounds like it was very tasty, but I might have to add hotdish to the short list of foods (including chili cheeseburgers and corned beef hash) that test the skills of photographers.  Nice day out Dale!
    CajunKing
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6449
    Re:Heartlanding Through the Breadbasket 2010/09/14 03:48:29 (permalink)
    After all that and Ahi Mpls stood you up!! 

Hmmmm no more guess the roadfood pix for her! Just kidding

That raisin pie looked SOOOOOOOOOOO very good, (#4 btw CTD & BB)

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1