The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hello from Syracuse, Ny

HollerSyrNy1

• Total Posts: 6
Hello from Syracuse, Ny Sat, 08/8/09 7:00 PM (permalink)
Hi, my name is Holly. I am currently a stay at home mom looking for a new business venture. I was a cook at a local bar/resturant/banquet hall but unfortunately you cannot trust people. I was sexually harrassed by the owner, a man I looked up to and trusted. I guess you can't always trust people. I am getting throug hthat but I want to be my own boss now. I don't know if I am able to trust another person with my faith. So that is my basic reason for trying this out.

I went to the local regional market and there was a lady there selling the most amazing donuts from the most fascinating machine and I just had to try one. After waiting 20 minutes in line (no exaggeration) I finally got my hands on the most moist and wonderful donut ever. Now I am hooked. I am taking things slow. Checking out prices, competition, and trying to figure out how to write a business plan, along with what paperwork I need and also trying to find an affordable trailer to start out with. As luck may have it for me, I only have to travel less than a mile to get to the New York State Fair, and less than 20 minutes to 5 suburbs that have field days. So I figure I have about 6 months to get all my information and paperwork in order.

I just wanted to introduce myself and say hello and I look forward to reading all of your future posts and working my way through the past ones. You are all so insightful and very keen on your businesses, I hope to one day be like that. Thank you all for taking the time to read and get to know me, I look forward to getting to know you as well.

God Speed!
Holly

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
    Re:Hello from Syracuse, Ny Sun, 08/9/09 9:19 AM (permalink)
    Welcome Holly, you might want to post this in the Restaurant & Professionals Forum. They would be be able to help you out, I'm sure.

HollerSyrNy1

• Total Posts: 6
      Re:Hello from Syracuse, Ny Sun, 08/9/09 9:55 AM (permalink)
      THANK YOU!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com