Hell's Kitchen

Author
zataar
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1440
2005/08/10 07:32:28 (permalink)

Hell's Kitchen

Thanks Michael and Jane for your great review of Hell's Kitchen, our favorite breakfast place in Minneapolis. I've posted a couple of times about them on Roadfood and hope that everyone who can try it will. We recently celebrated our daughter's 25th birthday breakfast there and had a wonderful time. I'm enjoying your reviews of Twin Cities spots.

5 Replies Related Threads

Michael Stern
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1037
    RE: Hell's Kitchen 2005/08/10 09:36:48 (permalink)
    Zataar: You are fortunate to live where you live and to have access to this great place!
    Axotis
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Hell's Kitchen 2005/08/12 16:36:30 (permalink)
    My usual morning routine upon arriving at work includes checking Roadfood.com for the featured restaurant of the day... I just so happen to be in Minneapolis on business and stumbled upon Hells Kitchen and decided to give it a try, only to find that it was the featured restaurant for that day. I have been there every day since, and and still have 5 days left on my trip and plan on eating there each day. The lemon ricotta pancakes are sinful, not to mention the cinnamon pecan rolls.

I also tried a place called Lindey's Steak House in Arden Hills, MN. (just outside of downtown Minneapolis)... The menu is a sign on a stanchion that they place next to your table when you sit down, the staff moves it from table to table as people are seated, there are 3 items on the menu, all of which are steak, so don't go if you're not a meat eater. The place is reminiscent of an old supper club and is certainly a roadfood must !!!

--
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: Hell's Kitchen 2008/11/27 06:14:04 (permalink)
    This restaurant showed up in the new Roadfood calendar, and yesterday I read the Sterns' review of it in the new December 2008 issue of Gourmet magazine. The article is well worth reading. [url='http://www.roadfood.com/Reviews/Overview.aspx?RefID=3141']Here[/url] is the Roadfood.com review.

The descriptions of the food in the two reviews sound fabulous. I don't know if or when I'll get to Minnesota, but Hell's Kitchen would certainly rate at the top of my hoped-for dining destinations.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10516
    RE: Hell's Kitchen 2008/11/27 07:10:31 (permalink)
    MiamiDon-
    I got to sample the homemade peanut butter from Hell's Kitchen (the owner was with us for the Roadfood bus tour in Austin in April and brought some jars for us to try) and it was fantastic! This place will be my first stop next time I am in the Twin Cities.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6429
    RE: Hell's Kitchen 2008/11/27 10:13:28 (permalink)
    For the longest time I worked just a half block away from Hell's Kitchen and ate breakfast and lunch there frequently. Hell's Kitchen in Minneapolis just recently moved a block away and expanded in size taking over a failed steak house restaurant. The review is up to date on the new address. Hell's Kitchen also opened up in Duluth, MN.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1