The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly

DPuro329

• Total Posts: 406
Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly Sat, 12/20/08 10:05 AM (permalink)
Hi everyone,
I remember hearing about an ecclectic breakfast place in Philly and I don't remember the name or where I read about it. All I know is that it's in Philly, it was compared to the Friendly Toast in Portsmouth, NH, and the owner offers a "chef's table" in the back of their pickup truck parked out front.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

Holly Moore

Re:Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly Sat, 12/20/08 11:06 AM (permalink)
    Just got back from a breakfast of Raspberry, Oatmeal and Coconut pancakes at Carman's Country Kitchen.  Carman's is open Friday thru Monday from 8 AM to 2 PM.  Same day reservations are accepted.  Closed the Friday after Chrismas.

Here is my link:  Carman's Country Kitchen

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
      Re:Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly Sat, 12/20/08 11:48 AM (permalink)
      Get this.

I have a friend who lives literally less than two blocks from this place.  I stayed with her last New Year's and we walked past every time we did any walking around south Philly.  As a matter of fact, I am pretty sure that we walked PAST this place on our way to her taking me to "the best cheesesteak in Philly" - a "locals" place - not the touristy crap - you know....Geno's!  But, I digress. 

I wanted to go there (just because it looked cool, not because of anything I read) - but, my friend (did I mention that she lives less than two blocks away) had never been - and didn't know anyone else who had, either.  On my way out of town, though, I snapped this photo...

Forget the not-so-hidden racism that you'll find around the corner at the cheese steak joint, as long as you have greenbacks at Carman's, your business is welcome!

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
        Re:Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly Sat, 12/20/08 12:32 PM (permalink)
        Where's the CLOSED sign?

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3699
          Re:Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly Sat, 12/20/08 12:50 PM (permalink)
          Oh, they were most definitely closed.

DPuro329

• Total Posts: 406
            Re:Help! I'm looking for a Specific Breakfast Place in Philly Sat, 12/20/08 10:33 PM (permalink)
            Thank you Holly. Now I remember, I read about Carman's on your site.

Dave

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com