Help in New York State

Author
bigdaddy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2012/07/19 17:59:43 (permalink)

Help in New York State

I'm heading to Vermont tommorow from nj. The halfway point is around Newburgh area. Any suggestions for lunch?

Bigdaddy would appreciate it
!

4 Replies Related Threads

joerogo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4567
    Re:Help in New York State 2012/07/19 19:06:17 (permalink)
    This is 4 years old, hope she is still there.  Excellent dog from a lovely lady.

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/tm.aspx?m=431250&high=wappinger
    josefinajoisey
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 69
    Re:Help in New York State 2012/07/19 21:10:37 (permalink)
    If you check the 'Restaurants' tab, I think you will get lucky.

Pete's Hot Dog Stand, and Tony's, Newburgh Lunch, in Newburgh. Also, a little farther North...Joe Beez Deli in Kingston.

Also, as a bonus,,there are usually farmers selling produce at some of the thruway stops on the weekends. You would have to go on the NY thruway website to get the particulars.

enjoy!!
    seafarer john
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3481
    Re:Help in New York State 2012/07/20 11:16:45 (permalink)
    New Paltz is the next exit north from Newburgh and has some decent places to eat , all convenient to the Thruway.
    When you get off the Thruway go west into the Village of New Paltz. On the left is a plaza with a decent diner and a good pizza joint and a Jamacain place (I really love their curried goat). Across Main St is another small plaza that has two good pizza joints (Pasquali's and Rhino's ) and Gadaletto's Seafood Market and Restaurant where , among many goodies they have a shrimp sandwich like a Po Boy that is excellent. Another mile down Man Street is the famous P&Gs bar where I like the chili and the hamburger.
    And,if you love cheese, at the end of Main St is the Water Street Market and the Cheese Plate where you can get a great sandwich and some of the best ice cream you'll ever eat.
    Cheers, John  
    bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1350
    Re:Help in New York State 2012/07/26 21:51:40 (permalink)
    A little late:

Seafarer John has never steered me wrong, but I take the drive from Northern New Jersey (5 miles on Rt. 4 off the GW) to Burlington, Vermont, and I usually end up having lunch in Lake George or Saratoga Springs. I usually end up eating lunch at the Log Jam in Lake George; a bit on the Yuppie side (including prices), but good solid food, a more interesting than most salad bar (with freshly baked bread) and friendly service.

Bart
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1