Help me pick a name.

Author
Parrot Cage
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 82
2011/09/19 11:27:54 (permalink)

Help me pick a name.

Well, good news-bad news time.

Bad news-Looks like the wife and I will be staying in the North Woods for a while rather than moving down to Florida.

Good news- although I will have to change my concept, I am looking at going ahead and opening a truck. Caribbean Island/South Florida fusion won't work up here.

I am looking at Northern Maine farm country comfort food with a slight fusion of my native southern recipes. The two names I am considering both have local connections:

1. The Potato Truck- potato farming is one of the big industries around here and true potato trucks are used to transport the potatoes from the field to storage and from storage to distributor. If I go this way, I will feature potato dishes and sides (hash browns, tots, fries, homefries, hash, poutine, potato soup, etc).

2. Caribou Crossing-I am leaning more toward this one simply because I can picture a fun paint job/wraparound on the truck (A big yellow diamond "Caribou Crossing" sign as the main logo). Caribou not only refers to the animals (which do live up here) but also the next town over. While I will still have the potato dishes with this concept, I wouldn't make them as big of a selling point.

So what do you guys think? All comments and suggestions are more than welcome!

4 Replies Related Threads

6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    Re:Help me pick a name. 2011/09/19 13:20:21 (permalink)
    Since you are going to feature the potato dishes either way, why not "Potato Crossing"?  Picture cartoon potatoes (with stick or thin arms & legs) walking jauntily along (perhaps waving to the customers) under a "Potato Crossing" sign.
    Parrot Cage
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 82
    Re:Help me pick a name. 2011/09/19 13:35:17 (permalink)
    That's a good idea!

Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 832
    Re:Help me pick a name. 2011/09/19 19:57:47 (permalink)
    speaking of potatos....& maine....... hainsville(sp) woods potato goods
    Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10329
    Re:Help me pick a name. 2011/09/19 20:09:15 (permalink)
    Suggest you build your Menu FIRST and then build a name around it that reflects your Menu. Let us know when you get the menu finalized
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1