Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Help with Pat's Cheesesteak

Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 44 of 44
Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9567
RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Mon, 08/25/08 5:25 PM (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by CajunKing

I can see where Holly being from the philly area you don't think of cheesesteaks as a sandwich, but it doesn't really fit on any of the other categories here.

People in Philly think that Cheesesteaks are a religious experience, not a sandwich. They put their Mummers Costumes on and gather in cult meetings during a full moon to worship all things Cheesesteak!

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4463
    RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Mon, 08/25/08 7:15 PM (permalink)
    Just did a comparison with my Daughter at Pat's and Geno's. Split a Wiz wit at both places....Geno's was the winner!

Holly Moore

RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Mon, 08/25/08 7:27 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by fattybomatty

Holly I don't know how you don't consider hoagies, subs, burgers, hot dogs, and cheese steaks not to be sandwiches. What exactly would you consider to be a sandwich? What's your definition?

It is the two slices of bread thing. Peanut butter and jelly. BLT. Bologna, lettuce and mayonnaise. These are sandwiches. Three slices of bread as in a "Club" is also a sandwich. I haven't decided whether something in pita is a sandwich. Probably not.

It is not just a Philadelphia thing, though that always works in my favor. Even when I lived in Stevens Point, Wisconsin I did not consider a hot dog or a hamburger to be a sandwich.

One final Philadelphia thing. Please do not use hoagie and sub in the same sentence.

fattybomatty

• Total Posts: 1017
        RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Mon, 08/25/08 7:37 PM (permalink)
        Holly,

You're right about the hoagie/sub thing. It should never be called a hoagie. It is a sub So by your definition nothing on a round roll, or any kind of roll for that matter, would be a sandwich. Sandwiches would only be made with sliced bread. While I respect your opinion I can't agree with it. To me if it's on a bread or roll it makes no difference. It is still a sandwich.

Go Giants!!!

GNeedles59

• Total Posts: 594
          RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Tue, 08/26/08 9:48 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by joerogo

Just did a comparison with my Daughter at Pat's and Geno's. Split a Wiz wit at both places....Geno's was the winner!

You should have hit up Steve's Prince of Steaks or Chinks

TFitz

• Total Posts: 63
            RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Tue, 08/26/08 10:09 AM (permalink)
            Signman, Here is a link that has a wav file of the original Gino's jingle.
            http://hometown.aol.com/jsf0864/page1.html

db1105

• Total Posts: 185
              RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Thu, 08/28/08 9:46 PM (permalink)
              Nayo on the mayo.

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1086
                RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Fri, 08/29/08 9:05 PM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Foodbme

quote:

I can see where Holly being from the philly area you don't think of cheesesteaks as a sandwich, but it doesn't really fit on any of the other categories here.

People in Philly think that Cheesesteaks are a religious experience, not a sandwich. They put their Mummers Costumes on and gather in cult meetings during a full moon to worship all things Cheesesteak!

Uh, no. We don't. And I truly hope your emoticons mean you're kidding.

Stereotyping is so wrong and so insulting...

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9567
                  RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Fri, 08/29/08 10:03 PM (permalink)
                  quote:
                  Originally posted by harriet1954

quote:

quote:

LIGHTEN UP!!! That was all with Tongue in cheek. The Whole country has become so PC it makes me sick. Get over it and put a bandaid on your thin skin.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Fri, 08/29/08 10:11 PM (permalink)
                    No doubt..

juanito_mandujano

• Total Posts: 26
                      RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Fri, 08/29/08 11:54 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by nospacesinmyname

a thread about pats and not a single mention of ginos....

I was in Philly last week while visiting a buddy of mine in Baltimore, MD and the reason no one mention's Geno's is because it kind of sucks.

It is caddy-corner to Pat's, so what I did is ordered one from Pat's earlier in the day, and then after taking the mandatory picture with the Rocky statue, a scoop of ice cream at Bassett's in the Reading Terminal Market and a little sight-seeing in the area, we headed back to Geno's to try one of theirs.

What you are going to find out as I did, (and was told to me by someone), is that Pat's puts way more meat in their cheesesteak than Geno does. The fries are WAY better at Pat's too. One other thing I should mention is that YOU HAVE TO GET IT "WIT WHIZ". ANY OTHER WAY AND YOU WILL GET A DRY SAMMICH.

My wife made the mistake of getting hers with provolone, and it was like eating a sammich at the beach when sand gets in it.

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1086
                        RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Sat, 08/30/08 4:56 PM (permalink)
                        quote:

quote:
                        Originally posted by harriet1954

quote:

quote:

LIGHTEN UP!!! That was all with Tongue in cheek. The Whole country has become so PC it makes me sick. Get over it and put a bandaid on your thin skin.

Darling, I'm way tougher than you think, as you already think I'm thin-skinned - another assumption made on your part. I don't believe that "The Whole country has become so PC" - and I'm sorry that it makes you sick! Get over it and take a Tums! Or, better yet, since I cannot hear the tone of your voice on the internet, please say that it's meant to be tongue-in-cheek! We don't automatically "get" your "sense of humor"! Ours is different here in the land of the Mummers!

OK? Take care, now!

Holly Moore

RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Sat, 08/30/08 6:08 PM (permalink)
                          A Whiz Wit may indeed be a cult-worthy. I'll take the cheesesteak juices - a blend of grease from the grill, the steak, and the fried onions paired with melting cheez whiz - over grape Kool Aid any ol' time.

Edited: Just because I ca

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
                            RE: Help with Pat's Cheesesteak Wed, 09/17/08 8:40 PM (permalink)
                            I find both Pat's and Genos to be for tourists, and that both places are cruising on reputation. I agree with those who favor steve's or Chinks. also, Olivieris in Reading terminal market. as a side note, I like the overall quality in the market. I feel that the level of competition is so high that bad product can't survive there, at least not for long

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                              Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 31 to 44 of 44

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                              • Read Message
                              • Post New Thread
                              • Reply to message
                              • Post New Poll
                              • Submit Vote
                              • Post reward post
                              • Delete my own posts
                              • Delete my own threads
                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com