The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Help with menu

magik62

• Total Posts: 3
Help with menu Tue, 08/6/13 5:06 PM (permalink)
I'm currently in the early stages of converting a camper into a concession trailer and currently am working on a menu. Being that I plan to be different, I thought about wrapping the dogs in bacon. Has anyone else tried this and if so, how did you cook it?

BpCBlake

• Total Posts: 436
    Re:Help with menu Tue, 08/6/13 6:29 PM (permalink)
    Does your health department allow raw foods?
    some carts have a flat grill on them, and you can throw it on that. if the hd dont allow raw foods you can get cooked from like samsclub, like hormel blacklabel and use that too.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2233
      Re:Help with menu Tue, 08/6/13 7:33 PM (permalink)
      Hi Mag, welcome to Roadfood.........They sell Bacon wrapped hot dogs in LA to the boarder, they also sell them in Az. Most of the dog carts can't sell them because of the Raw Bacon. If your doing a inclosed food trailer with proper refer and hand washing, you should be fine. I would run it by the hd, just in case..................good luck with the new business......pnwc

magik62

• Total Posts: 3
        Re:Help with menu Wed, 08/7/13 10:45 PM (permalink)
        Yeah, I'm planning on a fully enclosed trailer and will have a grill, 3 compartment sink and steamer. You can do raw food because the Philippine group we belong to has a booth at the local Asian Fest and cook Philippine pork Bar-B-Q on site. It's their best seller, having to run 5 grills just to keep up with the demand. What I'm thinking is wrapping the dogs and steaming them before moving them to the grill. I also plan on selling the pork Bar-B-Q and brats.

BpCBlake

• Total Posts: 436
          Re:Help with menu Wed, 08/7/13 11:35 PM (permalink)
          magik62

Yeah, I'm planning on a fully enclosed trailer and will have a grill, 3 compartment sink and steamer. You can do raw food because the Philippine group we belong to has a booth at the local Asian Fest and cook Philippine pork Bar-B-Q on site. It's their best seller, having to run 5 grills just to keep up with the demand. What I'm thinking is wrapping the dogs and steaming them before moving them to the grill. I also plan on selling the pork Bar-B-Q and brats.

wouldnt that make the bacon soggy?
          unless maybe you cook the bacon to almost done, then wrap them around the dogs. then finish them up on the grill.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com