The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Herr's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips- A one shot sample !!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
  • Roadfood Insider
Herr's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips- A one shot sample !! Fri, 07/2/10 7:14 PM (permalink)
 We bought a bag of these chips to see if there was any difference between them and all the other "BBQ Flavor" Potato Chips.  I don't know how Herr's does it, but there is a subtle aftertaste of BBQ Pork left in you mouth after the usual salty seasoned chip is gone. Sort of an unusual treat...not somethng I will stock in our pantry, but I would buy them again to add to a picnic lunch or supper.
<message edited by mayor al on Sat, 07/3/10 1:20 AM>

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
    Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Fri, 07/2/10 7:59 PM (permalink)
    HerR's

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
      Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Fri, 07/2/10 8:32 PM (permalink)
      Al, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but see the Note:
      http://www.taquitos.net/chips/Herrs_Baby_Back_Ribs_Potato_Chips

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15057
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Sat, 07/3/10 1:19 AM (permalink)
        LLoyd,

That's probably why it was on sale at our local market ! And I mis-read the Company. it is HERR's

ChicagoIrish

• Total Posts: 71
          Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Sat, 07/3/10 2:31 AM (permalink)
          I'm not so sure that the note posted on that other website is acurate.  If you actually go to the Herr's website, they have the Baby Back Rib flavor in various sized packages available for delivery, however that could be until they exhaust their current supply, but still available as of now.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6067
            Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Sat, 07/3/10 7:09 AM (permalink)
            Been to the Herr's factory...family ownd, and they seem to really care about making a quality product...Herr's is big in our corner of New Jersey, so I've got to look for these. Hope they stay around!

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
              Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Sat, 07/3/10 11:03 AM (permalink)
              ChicagoIrish

I'm not so sure that the note posted on that other website is acurate.  If you actually go to the Herr's website, they have the Baby Back Rib flavor in various sized packages available for delivery, however that could be until they exhaust their current supply, but still available as of now.

The Herr's website is confusing to say the least.  I see the Baby Back Ribs flavor chips listed on their store pages, but on the page titled "A Complete listing of Herr's® Products" they are not listed: http://www.herrs.com/Products/Products.html

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Sat, 07/3/10 11:45 AM (permalink)
                I'm pretty sure I've seen those recently at Albertson's or Publix here in Florida.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17795
                  Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Wed, 07/14/10 7:19 PM (permalink)
                  I never heard of Herr's, but then, I'm not a potato chip -- or any salty snack -- person. However, the other day I was in the Wonder bakery outlet and saw a whole rack of Herr's products. One really caught my attention. It was a bag of these potato chips that were flavored with cheddar and horseradish.

They were good, although the horseradish flavor seems to overpower any taste of cheddar. They were so good I had to throw them out.

nysharks

• Total Posts: 103
                    Re:Herb's Baby-Back Rib Flavor Potato Chips Wed, 07/14/10 9:09 PM (permalink)
                    mayor al

LLoyd,

That's probably why it was on sale at our local market ! And I mis-read the Company. it is HERR's

Don't you mean His?  Saw this in a grocery store in Pennsylvania and had to take a photo.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com