The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Highway 100 Nashville to Memphis

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
Highway 100 Nashville to Memphis Wed, 02/16/05 7:42 PM (permalink)
Poverty Pete said, in another thread, that Hwy 100 was a great roadfood road. Since I was coming to Memphis and had time to spare I decided to check it out, and took 100 from the west end of Nashville all the way to memphis(almost, it ends a few miles outside of memphis).
Anyway, Pete was so correct. There were more BBQ joints than I could count, but thought I'd recommend it as a highway to check out and maybe others will post about some of the places they know/find.

I finally stopped in the town of Centerville, home of Minnie Pearl. Howdeee! right in the center of a town was a place called Breece's cafe, but alas, it's closed on Mon & Tues's. So I drove about a mile down the road and found a neat place called Papa KayJoe's Bar-b-que. They do have another location a left turn and 20 miles away, in Hohenwald, TN. Nicely decorated interior with all kinds of local memorabilia, Hickman Co. football helmets and jerseys, for decorations. Menus are laminated on the counter (where I ate) and on the dozen or so wooden tables. tring to maintain my girlish figure I only had a giant BBQ sandwich and chips, but they also serve, fried cornbread flat cakes as a side item. Hamburgers,fried boloney, grilled cheese, blt, and hot dog rounds out the menu. Baked taters loaded with pork, chicken, or beef are an option.
Fried okra, zucchini, onion rings and corn on the cob highlight the "Veggie " menu. "Local likes" are choice of "Southern Way Special" which is cornbread piled high with pork and topped with bbq beans. triple threat salad which is also piled high with pork on top.
You get the drift. Can also buy Q by the pound, and also buy ribs, as well as tea by the gallon. Finish it all off with homemade pies, chocolate, chess, pecan, caramel, coconut, chocolate chip. Family owned and operated.

pappy

• Total Posts: 47
    RE: Highway 100 Nashville to Memphis Thu, 02/24/05 9:29 AM (permalink)
    Since we go often to Hohenwald, I reckon we will stop in over there at Pappy KayJoes's.... Had not heard of it, but will ask around and get directions to the establishement and report back here...

Mrs. Pappy (Carolyn)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com