The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Homemade Chips

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
Homemade Chips Mon, 12/26/11 5:10 PM (permalink)
Our family had our yearly Wreath laying for our departed loved one's at St. Mary's Cemetary in Rockville Md. today. As usual, the past two years, we went to Gordon Biersch, a chain Brew Pub. The food is great IMHO, tremendously diverse menu. Last year I stole their homemade French Fries with chopped fresh garlic recipe for here. This year I'm taking the homemade potato chips with crumbled Blue Cheese and smoked bacon on top, incredibly good. They don't need to be homemade, try some Utz or Lays, with the Blue Cheese and bacon, let me know what you think!

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9548
    Re:Homemade Chips Mon, 12/26/11 6:06 PM (permalink)
    We have several Gordon Biersch's out here and they are, at best, mediocre. Like everyplace else, they're only as good as their people. Glad you were happy with your experience.

Sundancer7

Re:Homemade Chips Mon, 12/26/11 6:37 PM (permalink)
      My daughter bought me for Christmas a Presto Cool Daddy fryer.  I use it to fry chips and chicken.  I use my mandolin to slice the potatoes and they turn out super.  Sometimes I dust them with chili pepper, sometimes garlic powder and sometimes nothing at all.

Frying them yourself is not economical but the hot chips are always pleasing to guest and particularly myself.  Even chicken with a coating of flour and several spices get lotsa compliments when served hot.  I dust the chicken with either chili peppers or Thai peppers from my garden that I put in the blender.  Sometimes I over do it and it will bring tears to your eyes and sweat to your face.  My family does not like it that way but I do.

I may do doughnuts next???

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
        Re:Homemade Chips Tue, 12/27/11 11:14 AM (permalink)
        Foodbme

We have several Gordon Biersch's out here and they are, at best, mediocre. Like everyplace else, they're only as good as their people. Glad you were happy with your experience.

That suprises me, my family is happy to criticize avarage fare, so am I, the location in Rockville is 2 for 2, service and food both times, really good! Also had a really good burger topped with Lobster, never heard of that combo before, was a Home Run!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com