The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hostess Pudding Pies

moosh1229

• Total Posts: 3
Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 11/24/04 2:57 PM (permalink)
I have been searching for a couple weeks to find out what ever happened to one of my childhood favorite snacks THE HOSTESS CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE. I live in NJ and maybe they are just not sold in the area anymore. ANY HELP I'D APPRECIATE IT!

MICHELE

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
    RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Mon, 12/20/04 3:59 PM (permalink)
    Moosh,

if this is what I think it is I see them in most convenience stores. they're also made by Dolly Madison.

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1909
      RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Mon, 12/20/04 4:26 PM (permalink)
      Hostess, in my area at least, has cut back to Apple, Blueberry, Lemon, and sometimes Cherry. I have not seen the chocolate pudding in years. I will keep my eyes open, and report if I see some.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
        RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 12/22/04 3:55 PM (permalink)
        They used to be about 50 cents, then it seemed like overnight they went to a dollar therabouts. I've not eatewwn one ina long time, besides, they're not really good for you.

harriet1954

• Total Posts: 1086
          RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Fri, 12/24/04 12:29 PM (permalink)
          They have a petition you can sign to bring back the pudding pies (honestly, you can find anything on the internet)http://www.ipetitions.com/campaigns/hostesspuddingpies/

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
            RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Fri, 12/24/04 1:13 PM (permalink)
            As of about a week ago, we had Apple, Cherry, Peach, Lemon, and Chocolate available, though not all flavors available at all locations. (I was searching at that time for a fellow Roadfooder who had e-mailed me asking for me to try to find him Blueberry, which has been discontinued until next year and replaced by Peach.)

snackmonkey

• Total Posts: 9
              RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Thu, 06/30/05 10:40 AM (permalink)
              Hi There,

I may be able to help you find your cream pies. My pie locating ability is second to none!!

If you're interested send me an email at snackmonkey5000@hotmail.com

Thanks,

Michael

Mark in Ohio

• Total Posts: 181
                RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Thu, 06/30/05 12:00 PM (permalink)

I was driving through Portsmouth, Ohio last week and stopped at a bakery outlet on Rt. 52 east, they sold marked down Hostess, Dolly Madison, and other brands of snack cakes and baked goods. They had assorted flavors of Hostess pies including cherry, lemon, blueberry, and chocolate pudding.

At the reduced price of .43 each or 3/$1.19, I had to get a cherry and a lemon; I ignored the data on the nutrition label and thoroughly enjoyed them, they'e a little easier to ignore at their regular price of somewhere around a dollar. The peach ones always made me salivate.

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
                  RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Sat, 07/2/05 4:53 AM (permalink)
                  Cherry hostess pies got me through college. Occasionally I see chocolate pudding pies at Safeway, though it is usually the store brand.

BrewHaHa

• Total Posts: 28
                    RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 09/7/05 10:54 PM (permalink)
                    I'd work at my grandfather's convenience store and at my dad's pharmacy when I was 8, 9 and 10. For those early morning shifts, I'd eat a cherry pie with chocolate milk. Talk about a sugar rush...

dizzkat

• Total Posts: 1
                      RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 12/7/05 11:05 AM (permalink)
                      I wrote Dolly Madison (Hostess) and they told me they no longer produce the chocolate pudding pies. We did find some that are even better! They are made by Mrs. Freshleys http://www.mrsfreshleys.com/Products/fruitpies.html and we get them at our local Shoppers Food (Alexandria, Virginia). So far that's the only place we've seeen them. Good luck!

6star

• Total Posts: 4388
                        RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 12/7/05 11:34 AM (permalink)
                        As I mentioned in last year's post, we have Chocolate pies available here, under the Hostess or the Dolly Madison label. (I saw some yesterday while checking for Blueberry pies that a couple of Roadfooders had asked for me to ship to them for Christmas presents.) The pies are cheap enough. You just have to be willing to pay the high cost to ship them in 2 or 3 days by UPS or DHL, etc. (For about 10 pies it can be as high as $30 or more to the east or west coast.)

By the way, Mark, we also have Hostess Peach pies here currently for 50 cents each at a Wal-Mart. Two day UPS shipping to you for 10 pies would be about $10.

bellz666

• Total Posts: 27
                          RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 12/28/05 11:26 AM (permalink)
                          I loved Hostess Vanilla Pudding Pies. I was coming home from a concert in NYC last week and stopped at a convenience store at 3am to grab some sugar to keep me up for the ride home, and I bought apple pies, as there is just not a ton of variety in the NY area when it comes to pies.

shen

• Total Posts: 150
                            RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 12/28/05 11:30 AM (permalink)
                            i saw in nyc and ct this weekend hostess lemon, apple and blueberry pies...when our in vegas and AZ i have even seen the blackberry pies. too sweet for my taste tho

jamesizzle

• Total Posts: 1
                              RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Mon, 02/26/07 10:42 AM (permalink)
                              quote:
                              Originally posted by moosh1229

I have been searching for a couple weeks to find out what ever happened to one of my childhood favorite snacks THE HOSTESS CHOCOLATE PUDDING PIE. I live in NJ and maybe they are just not sold in the area anymore. ANY HELP I'D APPRECIATE IT!

MICHELE

In New Hampshire I am enjoying a Chocolate Hostess PuddingPie as we speak.

stephiegirl

• Total Posts: 132
                                RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 02/28/07 9:39 PM (permalink)
                                I'm wondering if the Hostess chocolate pudding pies are making a comeback in MI. I have been seeing them pop up all over the place and until a couple of months ago I hadn't seen them since I was a kid. Now if only they would do the same thing with the blackberry pies instead of having to order them from out of state.

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
                                  RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Thu, 03/1/07 12:24 AM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by stephiegirl

I'm wondering if the Hostess chocolate pudding pies are making a comeback in MI. I have been seeing them pop up all over the place and until a couple of months ago I hadn't seen them since I was a kid. Now if only they would do the same thing with the blackberry pies instead of having to order them from out of state.

I couldnt have said it any better. The pudding pies are everywhere here in WV and PA too, but I havent seen a blackberry pie around here forever.

Eric B

• Total Posts: 103
                                    RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Sun, 03/4/07 12:33 PM (permalink)
                                    I've been seeing the Chocolate pudding pies here in NYC.

octopus

• Total Posts: 264
                                      RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Tue, 03/6/07 1:16 PM (permalink)
                                      They are back in stores again in the Albany area, but you got to get them with in a day or 2 of delivery or they are gone. All the fat guys scarf them up. (including me)

naxet76

• Total Posts: 351
                                        RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Tue, 03/6/07 7:16 PM (permalink)
                                        I found a chocolate pudding pie today at Walgreens, but it was the bluebird brand, not Hostess. I went ahead and bought the cherry flavored one and it was really good. Better than Hostess, I thought, considering I'm not too crazy about Bluebird brand.

Eric B

• Total Posts: 103
                                          RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 03/7/07 6:40 PM (permalink)
                                          That must be Flowers. I didn't know they made the pudding pies too. Flowers stuff is usually imitations of Hostess and some the other brands, and doesn't usually taste as good, but the the Hostess chololate pudding I find to not be tasty enough. Perhaps the crust drowns out the taste. But I would expect puddings to taste like Swiss Miss or something like that. Is that what the Bluebird happens to taste like?

naxet76

• Total Posts: 351
                                            RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 03/7/07 10:01 PM (permalink)
                                            well, i mean, i swear for the first time in my life I barely tried a fruit filled pie a month ago or so. i've yet to taste the pudding filled ones. and yeah, the back of the package does say Flowers co. or something like that. I only mentioned I saw the chocolate one because of the original post/question by moosh1229. I'll let you all know as soon as I do try a pudding filled pie.

dasl_4

• Total Posts: 187
                                              RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Wed, 03/28/07 10:03 PM (permalink)
                                              I bought a Hostess Chocolate Pudding Pie today ... as well as a Lemon,Cherry,Apple,and Blueberry .. I have never tried the pudding ones and am a bit scared. (I also bought a Dolly Madison banana dream/flip .. and a Hostess orange cupcakes pack) only .52 cents each at the outlet stores in Florida

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                                • Roadfood Insider
                                                RE: Hostess Pudding Pies Fri, 03/30/07 10:10 PM (permalink)
                                                I just et a Hostess Chocolate pie, found it at the local BP, and it cost 99 cents.

It did not taste like I remembered them either.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                  • No New Messages
                                                  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                  • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                  • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                  • Read Message
                                                  • Post New Thread
                                                  • Reply to message
                                                  • Post New Poll
                                                  • Submit Vote
                                                  • Post reward post
                                                  • Delete my own posts
                                                  • Delete my own threads
                                                  • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                  What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com