LockedHostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help!

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Geed
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2004/08/11 15:23:27 (permalink)
YES!!

Thanks for the info! I had searched for these on ebay in the past without any luck. Who would of thought that someone would actually be auctioning off donuts on ebay!!! It's almost as if the auction was created just for me! Hahaha!!

-Geed
flee2011
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2004/10/14 09:03:43 (permalink)
did you ever find those chocolate covered raspberry donuts? and if you did, where do you get it from? I would love to try them
thanks
quote:
Originally posted by varelas

This past Saturday i was at my local Hostess outlet store and they had chocolate covered raspberry filled donuts.I will try to get back there this Saturday and see what else they have.
Mary
tylerdurden389
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2004/12/09 22:10:48 (permalink)
Wow I can't believe I found this site. Looks like there's others out there with the same dilemma as me. I used to be able to get these donuts on a store near my house, even chocolate ones with rasberry inside, but they stopped getting them eventually (can't see why though as I bought all they had every time I went there). If anyone out there knows where I can get them, please email me at 'tylerdurden389@yahoo.com'. Thanks.
Geed
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/02/07 17:07:20 (permalink)
Awesome! Just ordered 2 boxes. It's been about 6 months since I last got these off ebay last year so I think it's about time to treat myself again!

THANKS!!!
chocodile
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/02/22 14:43:34 (permalink)
How'd these Donuts work out? did they taste as good as the always have?

-chocodile
CarolinaBill
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 207
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/02/22 16:35:59 (permalink)
Am equally happy that chocodiles website had orange cupcakes!!! I LOVE those. Don't remember them too often from Hostess, mostly remember them as a Jane Parker product at A&P as a kid. (Now showing age....)
Geed
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/02/22 17:45:50 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by chocodile

How'd these Donuts work out? did they taste as good as the always have?

-chocodile

The donuts worked out great! I got 2 boxes and received them within a week of ordering. They came perfectly packed, undamaged and fresh. Truely a deal for me since there would be no other way of getting them. I'd place another order but I am trying to watch what I eat these days. Hopefully they will still be available in a few more months when I will be ready for more!
Draftsman
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 2
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/11/02 11:29:59 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Geed

I am looking for a small supply of these donuts - Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts to be exact. I use to be able to buy them here in the Northeast many years ago but I haven't been able to find them locally for over 7 years now. They are a powdered covered donut with a small amount of raspberry jelly filled into the ring of the donut. I called a local Hostess distributor and they told me that they are not available in the northeast anymore. A few years ago I met someone in the midwest that was nice enough to ship me a couple of boxes but I am unable to contact this person anymore.

Below are a few pictures of what the box looks like and also a shot of these delecible cakes . I am really looking for a box of 6 donuts like in the second picture however I would not pass up the two packs either.

If anyone out there may be able to help me locate a couple of these boxes (and possibly be my little supplier ) I will make it well worth thier while!

Draftsman
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/11/02 11:32:30 (permalink)
I found these donuts on yahoo search the will ship you four (4) boxes for 20 bucks or two (2) boxes for 16 bucks hope this helps my wife loves these things so I have to order at least four boxes. She was really interested in the chocolate covered rasberry filled ones though who has info on that?

quote:
Originally posted by Geed

I am looking for a small supply of these donuts - Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts to be exact. I use to be able to buy them here in the Northeast many years ago but I haven't been able to find them locally for over 7 years now. They are a powdered covered donut with a small amount of raspberry jelly filled into the ring of the donut. I called a local Hostess distributor and they told me that they are not available in the northeast anymore. A few years ago I met someone in the midwest that was nice enough to ship me a couple of boxes but I am unable to contact this person anymore.

Below are a few pictures of what the box looks like and also a shot of these delecible cakes . I am really looking for a box of 6 donuts like in the second picture however I would not pass up the two packs either.

If anyone out there may be able to help me locate a couple of these boxes (and possibly be my little supplier ) I will make it well worth thier while!

Geed
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/11/02 15:48:01 (permalink)
Thanks for the offer but I just got 2 boxes from freshchocodiles.com not too long ago. I actually went out and bought 2 vacuum seal food storage containers just for these. I have 6 vacuum packed and cryogenically frozen in my freezer to be re-animated around Christmas time and enjoyed!
Eric B
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 103
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2005/11/12 09:52:04 (permalink)
Those Raspberry Donuts come and go. Perhaps a seasonal item or something. Just like the Lil' Angels.
The Apple cupcakes were one of my favorite Hostess cakes, but they soon disappeared from New York City. However, when I go to other cities, they still have them.
jeepguy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1555
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/02/06 20:16:05 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<div style="border: 1px #999999 solid; background-color: #DCDCDC; padding: 4px;">Originally posted by clothier

Pardon me for sounding silly, but what's the deal here? What about this doughnut is so tasty?

It's the ARTIFICIAL FLAVORING, silly! Sheesh.
I was gonna say the same thing.That red stuff in there makes me happy i've not seen those in years!If i want a doughnut,i'll buy a doughnut!
buttrdish
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 81
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/02/06 20:53:23 (permalink)
Safeway carries them here in the Pacific Northwest.
dasl_4
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 187
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/02/07 19:20:13 (permalink)
After going through all these topics I called my sister in MT. and she is sending me a "care package" of Idaho Spud - Hostess O's Raspberry filled Donuts - Chocodiles and Hostess Blackberry Pies
I also went searching and found TastyKakes
ScreenBear
  • Total Posts : 1505
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/02/24 22:01:03 (permalink)
In New Jersey, I can find the Hostess Lemon Pies and the Apple Pies, but I can't find the blackberry pies. Anyone know why? Aren't they all baked on the West Coast?
The Bear
stephiegirl
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 132
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/02/25 11:28:40 (permalink)
I went to the freshChocodiles.com website and they sell the blackberry pies there. They come in orders of 10 pies a batch and boy were they delicious. Actually a month after I ordered them I received another set of 10 pies that I hadn't ordered. When I contacted them they replied that it was a shipping mistake and they were mine to keep. When people make mistakes like that somehow it seems to be easily forgiven. Those are the kinds of mistakes you wish people made more often.
dasl_4
Cheeseburger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/02/25 18:31:26 (permalink)
My sister in MT. has 1 small country store .. they were having trouble getting the chocodiles in ... so I asked a friend on vacation in Las Vegas to pick me up a box if she could .. she finds 1 opened box of chocoldiles in a convenience store .. they were selling them individually .. she had to pay by the chocdile not by the box .. then she didn't have time to get back to hotel before the Celine Dion/Elton John/Jerry seinfeld benefit her and her hubby were seeing for anniversary ... they had to go through security all items were looked at and they were told they could not bring the chocodiles in(make your own chocodile=crocodile rock comments).. they were told they could not hold them for them .. they tried all over the hotel gift shop salon etc. .. her hubby kept saying throw the damn things away they are a twinkie and he had paid 1,000's of $$ for tickets.. she said no way she had to keep them for me .. they ended up paying a girl in a coffee shop 10$ to keep them till after show .. so in the end it would have been just as cheap to order them off EBAY ..... 3 days later my sisters small store got them in stock .. all this for a choc. covered Twinkie that I didn't even like .. I gave em to my mom ... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/03/01 02:26:06 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by ScreenBear

In New Jersey, I can find the Hostess Lemon Pies and the Apple Pies, but I can't find the blackberry pies. Anyone know why? Aren't they all baked on the West Coast?
The Bear

http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6843

Somewhere in this thread, I put a link to order the Blackberry ones online....Too tired right now to find the exact reply where it is..
roossy90
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6695
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/03/01 02:29:05 (permalink)
Oops, I meant there is a link to ordering them online.
So so tired here, I cant think straight... I will be back this weekend.
Snore.. time to snooze right now...
dasl_4
Cheeseburger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/03/02 19:20:31 (permalink)
I have finished off half a box of the Hostess O's .. yummmmmm

the blackberry pies weren't anything special .. And the Idaho Spuds tasted like cocoa dirt ugghhhhhhhh
likeacoplikes
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2006/12/17 17:38:34 (permalink)
I, too, love these squishy, powdery, raspberry-y, tantalizing tori.

However, ever since I moved from the west coast to Virginia, I have been searching for a supplier. I never did find one, except for an occasional thoughtful visitor bearing gifts of gold, frankincense and a pack or two of Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts (well, maybe not the gold and frankincense). If you knew me, you would know that I believe in donuts as much as I believe in anything religious...but, I have to say that the next story just might have been a small miracle.

My wife and I were all dressed up and on our way out to celebrate our seventh wedding anniversary. We were in Alexandria, VA, and I had to run into a 7-Eleven to get a pack of gum or something. I could not believe my eyes when I looked down and saw right before me, two small packs of the object of our collective desire in this forum! It could not have been. Yet, it was! I snapped them up faster than you can lick your lips and brought them out to the car with a great big smile. My wife knew how much I loved them and how I simpy could not find them anywhere out here. As sad and pathetic as it must sound, I can't remember anything else about that night--just the excitement of stumbling on those donuts and sharing them and the moment with my wife. The next day I went back to see if they had any more but, alas, they did not. Over the next couple weeks I would stop by here and there but nothing ever turned up. In fact, when I asked the employees about them, nobody even remembered having seen them. Maybe it was a miracle, an anniversary gift from the gods.
jessjess
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/03 20:54:32 (permalink)
are u willing to ship them to me in texas before valentines day
Spryboy
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/09 00:59:37 (permalink)
I've been looking for these things for over a decade! I haven't been able to find them anywhere, and even the chocodiles site doesn't carry them any more.

Why aren't these amazingly delicious things more available? Why doesn't Hostess get with the 90's and make it possible to order everything they sell over the net to anyone who wants them?

They're just throwing money away...
debdog42
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 36
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/09 17:48:37 (permalink)
You can order a few Hostess things here:
http://www.hometown-treats.com/

I feel for you guys. I live in the west and hostess is all over the place. I buy the Jelly Filled all the time for $2 a box on sale! I remember when these first came out and they were called Hostess Oh's. They came in two flavors, raspberry and grape.
debdog42
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 36
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/11 23:53:49 (permalink)
You guys might try here for contact info and to find a store in your area:
http://www.bakeryoutlets.com/index.html
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5067
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/12 01:23:58 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by EliseT

So that's what the white powder was on everyone's upper lip at all those parties in the 80s...

That wasn't the white powder I noticed on everyones upper lips at the parties
I went to in the 80's.
Spryboy
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/21 18:53:45 (permalink)
No, they're not currently available at the Fresh Chocodiles site... which is why I posted here.

I don't undrestand why these things aren't more available, or aren't at least available for order on the internet.

Hello! Hostess? Come on into the new millenium! I want to buy your products! Why aren't you letting me?
redtressed
  • Total Posts : 1017
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/02/21 20:39:56 (permalink)
This may be a redundant question BUT have y'all tried any of the Hostess outlet stores? I have one catty-cornered to me and I saw them there today along with lemon, blueberry and strawberry at a dollar a package.

I go there to pick up their Table Talk brand pecan pies. I rarely eat commercial mass produced pies, but these are darned good.......not just sweet but very buttery tasting and very fresh pecans. At 3.69 a pie, they are nifty to have on hand for unexpected company. Their bageltime bagels aren't bad either and authentically boiled.
Geed
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/03/04 18:35:48 (permalink)
Nope... none of the local outlet stores carries these donuts. I don't think they are available anywhere in the eastern half of the United States at all! In the past few years when I have been on vacations and business trips I have checked around and still cannot find any of these.... Nova Scotia - nope, Scottsdale AZ - nada, Chicago IL - nuthin', Sarasota FL - none, Montreal Canada - MIA.

I unthawed a couple of the frozen vacuumed packed donuts I put away from my last order and they're not the same - kinda dried out now and the flavor is gone. Time to start looking around again.....

Spryboy
Junior Burger
RE: Hostess Raspberry Filled Donuts - help! 2007/03/18 19:42:36 (permalink)
I don't even know where one finds a "Hostess Outlet Store" ... I live in Texas. I've never seen or heard of such a thing.

Can SOMEONE please wake up Hostess to the demand here, and get them to put their stuff on line for shipping all over the US, so we can give them our money, and they can give us our fix??
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1