Hot Dog Cart in Florida - Start Up Guidance

Author
Marine0302
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
2007/01/18 12:44:31 (permalink)

Hot Dog Cart in Florida - Start Up Guidance

I have been reading as many threads as time permits and the info here is great!

If there is a thread that contains permit/licensing, commissary and other health regulations, I'd appreciate if someone would point me to it.

I am seeking to obtain or by reading various posts/threads to make a "to do" checklist specific to a start-up in Hillsborough County, Florida.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

Semper Fi, Mike

4 Replies Related Threads

genewj
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 370
    RE: Hot Dog Cart in Florida - Start Up Guidance 2007/01/18 19:37:13 (permalink)
    Contact the dept of hotels and restaurants, they will send u all the info u need to pursue the licenses and inspections and the fees..
    phone # 850-487-1395
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18650
    RE: Hot Dog Cart in Florida - Start Up Guidance 2007/01/18 20:34:21 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by genewj

Contact the dept of hotels and restaurants, they will send u all the info u need to pursue the licenses and inspections and the fees..
    phone # 850-487-1395

Now, you see, this is what helps make this place great.
    wingdingman
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 13
    RE: Hot Dog Cart in Florida - Start Up Guidance 2007/01/22 20:10:19 (permalink)
    i used to be in the hot dog cart busineess in florida. if you wanna talkor have questions i would be glad to help

robert
    614-851-0929
    Wannaselldogs
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Hot Dog Cart in Florida - Start Up Guidance 2013/08/11 23:15:33 (permalink)
    Hello, and thanks for all the useful info I been reading so far.
    I have sent away for my packet from Florida for my permits and things I will need to start up.

But lets be real you guys  and ladies have done this and probably know the rules better than the state does.

I'm confused about the DAILY commissary. I have access to a commercial site for storage of my unit, I assume I will have to have a 3 or 4 bay sink  installed and some sort of freeze and or cooler set up for storage.

My concern is the buying of the food am I allowed to buy my hot dogs from where ever I Want? Unlike a say a "coffee" truck has to buy those pre-made  meals from a commissary.

I want to sell old school style NYC dogs just the basics red onions kraut and dogs PERIOD.

With all the regulations Im starting to think My weekend side job may not be as fun as I am thinking, This is Florida I just want to go by the beach and sell hot dogs on the weekends as a side job if it turns into more so be it. But for now Im just looking to enjoy the area.

Any thoughts?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1