Hot Dog Chili Sauce

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10326
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/04/05 16:09:14 (permalink)
tdj_tx

Foodbme
No Problem---I'll supply the money and we'll hire people to handle the "Hassle". Being the Marketing Genius that I am, I already have our Marketing Strategy mapped out in my head. Just hope I don't loose it!. I can't remember what I had for breakfast!

Actually you can to hire a company that is certified to package food items. I talked to a local spice company who provide this service. You have to provide the recipe and label information and the minimum order is something like 20,000 units. Then you have to deal with pricing and distribution.

I'm very familiar with contract packaging, labeling requirements and pricing/distribution as well. I have over 40 years of consumer products experience. Had my own Smoked Meat business as well as all facets of Retail Sales. Currently have my own consulting company where I help small businesses, including startups..
veracious
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 14
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/17 06:19:43 (permalink)
Whatever brand chili with meat sauce for chili dogs you enjoy, I always end up not being able to use all the chili dog sauce in those small cans.The can sits in the fridge untill I toss it. Sounds like a good idea.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/18 15:02:13 (permalink)
veracious
Whatever brand chili with meat sauce for chili dogs you enjoy, I always end up not being able to use all the chili dog sauce in those small cans.The can sits in the fridge untill I toss it. Sounds like a good idea.

Buying CANNED Chili Dog Sauce s your first mistake.
With all the Chili Dog Sauce recipes on here you should be able to make a batch, let it cool and put small portions in zip-loc freezer bags. Just pull one out when you need some. I heartly recommend tdj_tx's recipe!
TDJ_TX Texas Hot - Wiener Sauce
4-5 cups water Less if you like it thicker
12 to 16 oz finely ground hotdogs (I prefer Hebrew National skinless all beef)
1/2 cup cornstarch (dissolved in a little cold water)

1/4 Cup White Vinegar
1 Tsp of Thyme
1 Tbls paprika
1 Tbls chili powder
1 Tsp sea or kosher salt
1/2 Tsp onion powder
1/4 Tsp white pepper
1/2 Tsp oregano
1/2 Tsp cinnamon
1 Tsp crushed red pepper flakes
A few grinds of fresh black pepper

Bring everything to a boil, except the cornstarch.
Let simmer for 30 minutes, then slowly add the cornstarch mixture, stirring constantly. Bring back to a boil, and keep stirring.
Taste along the way, adjusting the salt or pepper as you like it.
Serve on your favorite hotdog, with brown mustard, diced onion, in a steamed hotdog bun. This sauce will be thin, it is supposed to be, it is not a "chili dog" recipe. The sauce will thicken as it cools. It freezes well.

Note; Each time you reheat the sauce, it will get thicker

post edited by Foodbme - 2011/05/18 15:04:47
tdj_tx
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 136
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/18 15:26:29 (permalink)
Foodbme

veracious

Buying CANNED Chili Dog Sauce s your first mistake.
With all the Chili Dog Sauce recipes on here you should be able to make a batch, let it cool and put small portions in zip-loc freezer bags. Just pull one out when you need some. I heartly recommend tdj_tx's recipe!

Ball makes these really handy and reusable 8 oz freezer containers. It's what I put my sauce in then put them in the freezer.

Captain Morgan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 511
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/23 09:14:17 (permalink)
MellowRoast

Hey, now that I think of it, wonder what ever happened to Captain Morgan?  I haven't seen him here in forever.

Thanks for missing me!

I'm still here daily, but since the format switch on the front page I find I'm missing
some of the forum topics.

I hope you'll let me know if I miss anything really ugly. 
edwmax
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2107
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/23 10:55:22 (permalink)
Captain Morgan

MellowRoast

Hey, now that I think of it, wonder what ever happened to Captain Morgan?  I haven't seen him here in forever.

Thanks for missing me!

I'm still here daily, but since the format switch on the front page I find I'm missing
some of the forum topics.

I hope you'll let me know if I miss anything really ugly. 

Since the format switch, I no longer used the Roadfood Home page.   Just click the Forums button at the top; then click 'Forum Menu', then click 'Post since last visit'     ... You will then see any thread that has had a post since your last log-on.
Captain Morgan
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 511
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/23 12:02:28 (permalink)
cool idea...I'll still check the articles on the front, but
I'll use that to find what I've missed on the forums.
Foodbme
Porterhouse
RE: Hot Dog Chili Sauce 2011/05/23 13:50:16 (permalink)
edwmax
Since the format switch, I no longer used the Roadfood Home page.   Just click the Forums button at the top; then click 'Forum Menu', then click 'Post since last visit'     ... You will then see any thread that has had a post since your last log-on.

I've been on here since 2006 and have over 5100 posts and didn't know about that feature which brings me to my continual rant:
STEPHEN, WE NEED A PRIMER ON HOW TO GET THE MOST OUT OF ROADFOOD.COM!!!!!!!! (For oldtimers as well as newbees)
 THANX for the info edwmax!
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1