Hot Dogs! Ice Cream! Popcorn! Get Your All-You-Can Eat Food Here!

Author
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5566
2012/05/02 15:31:53 (permalink)

Hot Dogs! Ice Cream! Popcorn! Get Your All-You-Can Eat Food Here!

Roadfood members certainly have had its share of opinions on Buffets and All-You-Can-Consume restaurants. But, how's this: All-You-Can-Eat at the Ballpark?

Well, apparantly, this is a new trend, catching on at 19 ballparks around MLB, and at minor league parks, too.

Hotdogly (or "Frankly" if you will), gimmicks are gimmicks. The food is overpriced at ballparks. The All-You-Can-Eat tickets are an extra $20 bucks, Chances are, even if you eat more than $20 of hotdogs and soda pop retail, it's still a gain for the park, which is paying pennies for the low end items.

I'm happy to say, that at DC, they don't have all-you-can-eat seats, like at PNC Park in PIttsburgh, but rather we have PNC and President Clubs, where there are indeed buffets. But the food in those places is upscale, not the low-end vendor food like nachos smothered in yellow whiz and fatty chicken based hotdogs. What else do you expect in a town where the game is a distraction to the lobbying going on in the President's Club seating area. PNC and President Club is the new "backroom" for the elite and their staff - akin to some of the old dark restaurants of Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, and Ford eras.

Anyways, here's the full story. What do you think? Sinful? or Smart?..or both?

post edited by Scorereader - 2012/05/02 15:39:34

2 Replies Related Threads

buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10517
    Re:Hot Dogs! Ice Cream! Popcorn! Get Your All-You-Can Eat Food Here! 2012/05/02 15:43:28 (permalink)
    Though I would seem a natural to sit in those all-you-can-eat seats at PNC Park, I've never bothered.  From what others who have done it have told me, you can only get your food from one stand and the lines can get long.  And I would much rather be watching the game. 

Typically, one Primanti's sandwich at a Pirate game and that is more than enough for me.
    ces1948
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1512
    Re:Hot Dogs! Ice Cream! Popcorn! Get Your All-You-Can Eat Food Here! 2012/05/02 16:55:26 (permalink)
    Our local minor league club (St. Lucie Mets) tried this last year on Mondays but I guess it didn't work out so it's out this year. It seems like it was limited to hot dogs, popcorn, soda and maybe peanuts. Never tried it myself as I think Thursdays with $1 hot dogs, beer and soda is a better deal.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1