Hot Dogs on Boston's North Shore

Author
DishKristen
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2009/08/20 12:04:25 (permalink)

Hot Dogs on Boston's North Shore

Hello all,

I'm new here and this is my first post, though I'm not new to road food which always been a huge favorite.

This past weekend we did a North Shore hot dog tour and hit six places in two days. I was amazed at the awesome quality of dogs available around here, as well as some of the great personalities behind the dogs.
We hit Kell's Kreme in Swampscott, Popo's in Gloucester, Boston Hot Dog in Salem, Rondogs in Beverly,  Top Dog in Rockport and Fred's Franks in Wakefield.

Popo's and Boston Hot Dog were both outstanding, but if you're in the area you really need to try out Fred's Franks; he uses top quality Pearl dogs and actually cooks them over a massive charcoal grill; the flavor is truly awesome. He sets up his cart actually ON the rotary at the exit 40 ramp off of rt. 128 on the lake in Wakefield, so is super easy to access from the highway. Definitely worth the stop.

I posted a lenthy review on my blog here: http://www.northshoredish...8/19/gone-to-the-dogs/

We enjoyed it so much, we are already planning another for next summer. If anyone has suggestions for a must-try dog that I missed, please let me know so I can work it into the itinerary!

2 Replies Related Threads

John Sagi
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re:Hot Dogs on Boston's North Shore 2009/08/20 21:46:32 (permalink)
    Welcome to Roadfood

Nice review, great photos.

I'll be in MA in a few weeks checking out lighthouses with my
    girl friend.

I'll definately be checking some HDJs

chicagostyledog
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3308
    Re:Hot Dogs on Boston's North Shore 2009/08/20 22:30:47 (permalink)
    If you venture to Boston's south shore, visit Windy City Eats in Weymouth. The owner, Grady Carlson from Chicago serves a full menu of authentic Vienna Beef products, along with a fine home made Italian beef sandwich. www.windycity-eats.com

CSD
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1