Hot Dogs on hold

Author
WarmBeer
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 77
2011/06/12 13:40:14 (permalink)

Hot Dogs on hold

Was planning a get together this evening to eat some dogs and watch a movie outside.  Picked up some Sabrett's natural casing dogs at Stop & Shop yesterday.  Now the weather is threatening and have postponed to next week.  Have not broken the seal on the dogs.  What's the best way to keep them till next week (besides chowing down and buying new)?  Will they keep in the pack?  Should I freeze them?  Suggestions welcomed.
ed

PS.  shopped at the S&S in Bloomfield on Franklin St. , looked for loose dogs in the deli section as mentioned recently in another thread.  No sign of any at that S&S.
ed

4 Replies Related Threads

MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    Re:Hot Dogs on hold 2011/06/12 15:45:20 (permalink)
    Where did you have your favorite hot dogs, sausages & bratwursts, and where can others go to find similar treats?
    WarmBeer
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 77
    Re:Hot Dogs on hold 2011/06/13 06:12:07 (permalink)
    MiamiDon

Where did you have your favorite hot dogs, sausages & bratwursts, and where can others go to find similar treats?

Are you suggesting this post is off topic??
    bartl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1293
    Re:Hot Dogs on hold 2011/06/13 13:09:10 (permalink)
    I think Miami is objecting to an implied plug of the local supermarkets.
    As Warm's question, I freeze cooked hotdogs all the time, both before and after grilling them, and they freeze fine.
    I've been buying Johnsonville and Hillshire Farm sausages, because they are often cheaper than most hot dogs (although Johnsonville has recently reduced its package size from 16 to 14 ounces). They both have ziplock packages, so when I buy them, I take them out, wrap them individually in a small piece of waxed paper (half a square sheet), and put them back in the ziplock bag (turning them 90 degrees so they fit), and take them out as desired. They actually come out half decently straight from the freezer to the microwave; I keep them in the waxed paper wrapper, and cook them for 50 seconds for one, 90 seconds for 2.
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    Re:Hot Dogs on hold 2011/06/13 13:29:47 (permalink)
    No, Don is saying its under the wrong forum...
    Anyway, the hot dogs should be fine in the fridge.Check the expiration date.Otherwise, I just throw them in the freezer. Never had any issues on quality after they defrosted.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1