The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hot Dogs on hold

WarmBeer

• Total Posts: 77
Hot Dogs on hold Sun, 06/12/11 1:40 PM (permalink)
Was planning a get together this evening to eat some dogs and watch a movie outside.  Picked up some Sabrett's natural casing dogs at Stop & Shop yesterday.  Now the weather is threatening and have postponed to next week.  Have not broken the seal on the dogs.  What's the best way to keep them till next week (besides chowing down and buying new)?  Will they keep in the pack?  Should I freeze them?  Suggestions welcomed.
ed

PS.  shopped at the S&S in Bloomfield on Franklin St. , looked for loose dogs in the deli section as mentioned recently in another thread.  No sign of any at that S&S.
ed

MiamiDon

Re:Hot Dogs on hold Sun, 06/12/11 3:45 PM (permalink)
    Where did you have your favorite hot dogs, sausages & bratwursts, and where can others go to find similar treats?

WarmBeer

• Total Posts: 77
      Re:Hot Dogs on hold Mon, 06/13/11 6:12 AM (permalink)
      MiamiDon

Where did you have your favorite hot dogs, sausages & bratwursts, and where can others go to find similar treats?

Are you suggesting this post is off topic??

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
        Re:Hot Dogs on hold Mon, 06/13/11 1:09 PM (permalink)
        I think Miami is objecting to an implied plug of the local supermarkets.
        As Warm's question, I freeze cooked hotdogs all the time, both before and after grilling them, and they freeze fine.
        I've been buying Johnsonville and Hillshire Farm sausages, because they are often cheaper than most hot dogs (although Johnsonville has recently reduced its package size from 16 to 14 ounces). They both have ziplock packages, so when I buy them, I take them out, wrap them individually in a small piece of waxed paper (half a square sheet), and put them back in the ziplock bag (turning them 90 degrees so they fit), and take them out as desired. They actually come out half decently straight from the freezer to the microwave; I keep them in the waxed paper wrapper, and cook them for 50 seconds for one, 90 seconds for 2.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
          Re:Hot Dogs on hold Mon, 06/13/11 1:29 PM (permalink)
          No, Don is saying its under the wrong forum...
          Anyway, the hot dogs should be fine in the fridge.Check the expiration date.Otherwise, I just throw them in the freezer. Never had any issues on quality after they defrosted.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com