The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

 Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!!

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 61 to 90 of 91
Author Message
Sundancer7

RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Fri, 10/3/03 4:41 PM (permalink)
Krispy Kreme just went international and opened at Harrods in London. CNN just showed the clip and folks were going nuts over them.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
 
#61
    lleechef

    • Total Posts: 6225
    • Joined: 3/22/2003
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Fri, 10/3/03 7:11 PM (permalink)
    I saw that too, and I think that maybe I'm a freak........I still don't get it......my parents and I can't stand KK donuts.
     
    #62
      Spudnut

      • Total Posts: 655
      • Joined: 6/30/2003
      • Location: New York, NY
      RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Fri, 10/3/03 7:17 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by lleechef

      I saw that too, and I think that maybe I'm a freak........I still don't get it......my parents and I can't stand KK donuts.



      Freak! Freak!

      Just kidding. There are other donuts I prefer, but I like them. I simultaneously like/abhor the fact that they've made donuts "cool."

      By the way, living in NYC, KK's are still new here. I never heard of their practice of giving you a freebie. I've never had it happen.
       
      #63
        Fishbones

        • Total Posts: 8
        • Joined: 11/18/2003
        • Location: Terrace, BC, AK
        RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Sun, 11/23/03 9:46 AM (permalink)
        Awww...i live in Northern British Columbia Canada, and i don't have one near me. E mail me one of those creations, eh?
         
        #64
          Sundancer7

          RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Tue, 12/9/03 8:04 PM (permalink)
          I have been on this damn Atkins diet for better than three months and to tell you the truth, the only thing I miss so far is the KK. I pass by their factory every morning at 6:15AM while picking up my Atlanta Constitution Journal and the USA Today. They have the red light on and the smell is PFO.

          I have resisted so far.

          Paul E. Smith
          Knoxville, TN
           
          #65
            JimInKy

            • Total Posts: 599
            • Joined: 11/29/2000
            • Location: Lexington, KY
            RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Tue, 12/30/03 10:15 AM (permalink)
            Good news for Krispy Kreme kind

            Deliverance is here; Krispy Kreme Lexington opens January 6. I had just checked the KK Web site Monday afternoon for news about an opening date and found none. New openings announcements had last been updated December 1.

            But this morning I noticed the KK shortcut on my desktop screen had changed. It was no longer a Microsoft icon, but a donut that looks just like a Krispy Kreme.

            I said to myself, "Self, this is a sign."

            So I opened the site and clicked onto New Store Openings. Among the host of new store announcements was KK's first Lexington, Kentucky store. KK broke ground for the 2893 Richmond Road store on November 12.

            At least one other area Roadfooder is closely watching this development.
             
            #66
              Sundancer7

              RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Wed, 12/31/03 6:51 AM (permalink)
              Jim, congrats on the new KK factory. They have very pretty stores and get them while they are hot. They also sell pretrty merchandise at the store. It is fun to watch the doughnuts being made. They have a very unusual process. You can watch them from soup to nuts.

              It is very strange that some people stay up all night to be the first in the store.

              They have very good coffee also.

              Paul E. Smith
              Knoxville, TN
               
              #67
                JimInKy

                • Total Posts: 599
                • Joined: 11/29/2000
                • Location: Lexington, KY
                RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 01/8/04 2:53 AM (permalink)
                Krispy Kreme Lexington opened on Richmond Road amid considerable fanfare, Tuesday morning and I have an exciting report.

                Never having attended a grand opening, I thought it would be interesting to observe one. And for me it was interesting. I waited until the first wave of customers had passed through. That would be the line that stretched completely around the building when the store opened at 5:30 a.m. The first 24 customers received a free dozen each month for a year.

                When I arrived at 6:45, the huge parking lot was still full, there was a crowd inside, and a line of drive-thru window customers was about 20 vehicles long. All the TV stations and a radio crew were still on the loose (they looked very sleepy when not doing live reports).

                The new KK building is bigger than others I’ve been in. It’s quite handsome with a brick façade and has more inside seating than I've seen before.

                I was there for an hour talking and drinking coffee with customers, managers and corporate types. Staff passed out free donuts so I had a few real hot ones. To make it a perfect morning, the local PR rep gave me a Krispy Kreme commemorative T shirt. It’s an attractive and high quality cotton T, with the city’s name and yesterday’s date printed under the company logo.

                There was a large staff working yesterday morning and the donut making seemed to be going smoothly. I bought a dozen of the original glazed to bring home. Interestingly, one dozen of the original at the Lexington store costs 68 cents more than they did at the Florence, Ky. store in November. Apparently, our high per capita income did not go unnoticed in Winston-Salem.

                I don’t do donuts very often anymore as they are too sweet for me (I removed two thirds of the icing from the donuts I brought home). Still, I welcome KK’s presence here for those times when donut love overcomes me and nothing will do but a hot Krispy Kreme.
                 
                #68
                  Sundancer7

                  RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 01/8/04 2:58 PM (permalink)
                  JiminKy: I am in Indy and I will be in Lexington tomorrow on Versailles road. I will exit Lexington via Richmond road to I-75 and I have to see the new KK store.

                  I love their colors and I enjoy watching them manufacture the hot originals.

                  Paul E. Smith
                  Knoxville, TN
                   
                  #69
                    JimInKy

                    • Total Posts: 599
                    • Joined: 11/29/2000
                    • Location: Lexington, KY
                    RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 01/8/04 9:24 PM (permalink)
                    quote:
                    Originally posted by Sundancer7

                    JiminKy: I am in Indy and I will be in Lexington tomorrow on Versailles road. I will exit Lexington via Richmond road to I-75 and I have to see the new KK store.

                    I love their colors and I enjoy watching them manufacture the hot originals.

                    Paul E. Smith
                    Knoxville, TN


                    Hi Paul, If you can manage it, I'd love to meet up with you for lunch, dinner or a Krispy Kreme snack tomorrow. I'll email you my phone number for easy contact. It's no problem if you phone here late this evening. If CallWave answers the call, leave a number and I'll ring you right back. Jim
                     
                    #70
                      dte3672

                      • Total Posts: 46
                      • Joined: 1/9/2004
                      • Location: Golden Valley, AZ
                      RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Sat, 01/10/04 11:32 AM (permalink)
                      OHMIGOSH! I LUV Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts!!! No, I take that back-I WORSHIP the sheets they are baked on!!!
                       
                      #71
                        Sundancer7

                        RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Wed, 01/28/04 8:01 PM (permalink)
                        Every morning I stop at the ZommerZ to pick up the latest addition of the Atlanta Constitution and the USA today. It is directly adjacent to the Krispy Kreme Doughnut factory on kingston Pike and the olafactory aromance is over powering.

                        since I have been on the Atkins thing, it is the hardest thing I have had to overcome.

                        I sure do miss KK

                        Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN
                         
                        #72
                          Sundancer7

                          RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Fri, 01/30/04 7:36 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by JimInKy

                          Krispy Kreme Lexington opened on Richmond Road amid considerable fanfare, Tuesday morning and I have an exciting report.

                          Never having attended a grand opening, I thought it would be interesting to observe one. And for me it was interesting. I waited until the first wave of customers had passed through. That would be the line that stretched completely around the building when the store opened at 5:30 a.m. The first 24 customers received a free dozen each month for a year.

                          When I arrived at 6:45, the huge parking lot was still full, there was a crowd inside, and a line of drive-thru window customers was about 20 vehicles long. All the TV stations and a radio crew were still on the loose (they looked very sleepy when not doing live reports).

                          The new KK building is bigger than others I’ve been in. It’s quite handsome with a brick façade and has more inside seating than I've seen before.

                          I was there for an hour talking and drinking coffee with customers, managers and corporate types. Staff passed out free donuts so I had a few real hot ones. To make it a perfect morning, the local PR rep gave me a Krispy Kreme commemorative T shirt. It’s an attractive and high quality cotton T, with the city’s name and yesterday’s date printed under the company logo.

                          There was a large staff working yesterday morning and the donut making seemed to be going smoothly. I bought a dozen of the original glazed to bring home. Interestingly, one dozen of the original at the Lexington store costs 68 cents more than they did at the Florence, Ky. store in November. Apparently, our high per capita income did not go unnoticed in Winston-Salem.

                          I don’t do donuts very often anymore as they are too sweet for me (I removed two thirds of the icing from the donuts I brought home). Still, I welcome KK’s presence here for those times when donut love overcomes me and nothing will do but a hot Krispy Kreme.





                          JimInKy: The Sundancer has reached the Zenith of his dietary habits and I am prepared to leave the Atkins thing after the Tennessee BBQ trip and the first thing I am going to do is inhale about a half dozen hot glazed with some of the great coffee. I do not care how sweet they are, I have not had any thing sweet in five months and I am gonna bust my diet big time.

                          Paul E. Smith
                          Knoxville, TN
                           
                          #73
                            JimInKy

                            • Total Posts: 599
                            • Joined: 11/29/2000
                            • Location: Lexington, KY
                            RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Tue, 02/3/04 2:49 AM (permalink)
                            The Lexington Herald-Leader conducted a donut taste test to see how arriviste Krispy Kreme fared against the three locally owned donut shop/bakeries. The results were reported in the business section of Monday's paper.

                            Twelve people tasted the plain glazed donuts in a blind testing and assigned the following ranking:

                            Spaulding's Bakery came in first.

                            Krispy Kreme tied for 2nd with Donut Days.

                            Magee's Bakery came in last.

                            No big surprise that Spaulding's won; everyone here would expect that, because they are so good. They are lovingly made and fried by hand, but only 4 days a week.

                            I was happy that Donut Days tied KK for second place. Somehow I forgot all about Donut Days, and hadn't included them in my own recent taste tests. Thanks to the report I'll take a fresh look, especially since they're only a half mile from my home.

                            I'm not surprised Magee's finished dead last. When I bought their donuts for the taste testing, there was hardly any icing left on them (I had picked them up at 6:45 A.M., just after they were made). The most expensive in town, they are very heavy and were not sweet when I last sampled them. They finished just ahead of the Kroger deli's frozen and reheated wonders in my private tasting. I think the Magee folks need to reinvent their product or fix their process.
                             
                            #74
                              DaveM

                              • Total Posts: 353
                              • Joined: 4/29/2002
                              • Location: North Chelmsford, MA
                              RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Tue, 02/10/04 12:47 PM (permalink)
                              Krispy Kreme just won the bidding for a store at the site of the development of the former MA Registry of Motor Vehicles building in Woburn,MA at the Montvale Ave. Exit on Rt. 93.
                              Dunkin Donuts failed to win approval for a site just up the street.
                              DaveM
                               
                              #75
                                JimInKy

                                • Total Posts: 599
                                • Joined: 11/29/2000
                                • Location: Lexington, KY
                                RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Wed, 02/11/04 2:54 AM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by Sundancer7

                                [JimInKy: The Sundancer has reached the Zenith of his dietary habits and I am prepared to leave the Atkins thing after the Tennessee BBQ trip and the first thing I am going to do is inhale about a half dozen hot glazed with some of the great coffee. I do not care how sweet they are, I have not had any thing sweet in five months and I am gonna bust my diet big time.

                                Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN


                                Paul, I wish I could be sitting across the table from you when you again enjoy some KKs. We'll have to do a donut raid together before too long. I've not been back to the new KK store since their grand opening on Jan. 6; I'm convinced I gained a full pound that day.
                                 
                                #76
                                  Sundancer7

                                  RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Wed, 02/11/04 9:24 PM (permalink)
                                  JimInKy: I have to admit I allowed myself to consume a hot Krispy Kreme the other evening. I have been faithful to my diet but I had to have one. I have commited sin. I have done bad but it was great and it was only one. I used the Ketone stick the next day and it still tested negative so I must have not done too wrong.

                                  Paul E. Smith
                                  Knoxville, TN
                                   
                                  #77
                                    redtressed

                                    • Total Posts: 1017
                                    • Joined: 5/10/2001
                                    • Location: Morgantown, WV
                                    RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/12/04 5:17 AM (permalink)
                                    Sundancer, you have been absolved of all wrongdoing, at least if the efforts of my 6 year old son worked. I was reading your post early last evening and laughed out loud. Adam asked me why I was laughing THIS time at the computer. He made me read him your post. I've gotta tell you, he was pretty worried about you I guess. As he said his prayers before going to bed, this is part of what I overheard: ".....Don't send Sundancer to hell for eating doughnuts, I like doughnuts too and I don't wanna go there either. Don't hit him with that keystick either......"
                                     
                                    #78
                                      JimInKy

                                      • Total Posts: 599
                                      • Joined: 11/29/2000
                                      • Location: Lexington, KY
                                      RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/12/04 6:29 AM (permalink)
                                      Paul confesses to a sinful lapse and doing bad, and is prayed for by a sweet child!

                                      Lordy, Lordy, Lordy.
                                       
                                      #79
                                        tiki

                                        • Total Posts: 4135
                                        • Joined: 7/7/2003
                                        • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                                        RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/12/04 7:51 AM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by Sundancer7
                                        JimInKy: The Sundancer has reached the Zenith of his dietary habits and I am prepared to leave the Atkins thing after the Tennessee BBQ trip and the first thing I am going to do is inhale about a half dozen hot glazed with some of the great coffee. I do not care how sweet they are, I have not had any thing sweet in five months and I am gonna bust my diet big time.

                                        Paul E. Smith
                                        Knoxville, TN


                                        LOL----dont hurt yourself!!
                                         
                                        #80
                                          Hillbilly

                                          • Total Posts: 992
                                          • Joined: 8/9/2001
                                          • Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
                                          RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/12/04 9:27 AM (permalink)
                                          quote:
                                          Originally posted by Sundancer7

                                          JimInKy: I have to admit I allowed myself to consume a hot Krispy Kreme the other evening. I have been faithful to my diet but I had to have one. I have commited sin. I have done bad but it was great and it was only one. I used the Ketone stick the next day and it still tested negative so I must have not done too wrong.

                                          Paul E. Smith
                                          Knoxville, TN

                                          You are on to something BIG!
                                          For the past 3 weeks, I have allowed myself a once-a-week (1) HOT Krispy Kreme as a respite from the Atkins tyranny. It doesn't seem to have interfered too much with the diet, and it sure does make the boredom of the rest of the week bearable.
                                          THE ANTICIPATION OF THAT SUNDAY MORNING TREAT IS JUST LIKE WAITING FOR SANTA CLAUS!
                                          Maybe a new addition to the Atkins regimen?
                                           
                                          #81
                                            Zina

                                            • Total Posts: 31
                                            • Joined: 12/15/2003
                                            • Location: North Haven, CT
                                            RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/12/04 2:50 PM (permalink)
                                            My son who is in third grade, had to do a composition on "something I'm thankful for." Guess what he chose? Krispy Kreme Donuts!!! his teacher must have shared his opinion....he got an A+ on the composition.
                                             
                                            #82
                                              scbuzz

                                              • Total Posts: 844
                                              • Joined: 3/7/2003
                                              • Location: Sumter, SC
                                              RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/12/04 3:01 PM (permalink)
                                              Oh what a brilliant child you have, you should be very proud of him !!!

                                              I hope you went out and bought one or two or 12 for him to celebrate !!!
                                               
                                              #83
                                                Tristan Indiana

                                                • Total Posts: 328
                                                • Joined: 2/8/2004
                                                • Location: Knightstown, IN
                                                RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/19/04 11:14 AM (permalink)
                                                My brother reminds me that he lives down the block from one of the original KKs in North Carolina but I'm still bemoaning the fact that when Dunkin Donuts closed their Shelbyville,IN store I have no Dunkin Donuts in central Indiana. Its not even their donuts that I miss, its their great coffee.
                                                 
                                                #84
                                                  wanderingjew

                                                  • Total Posts: 7384
                                                  • Joined: 1/18/2001
                                                  • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/19/04 12:28 PM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by Tristan Indiana

                                                  My brother reminds me that he lives down the block from one of the original KKs in North Carolina but I'm still bemoaning the fact that when Dunkin Donuts closed their Shelbyville,IN store I have no Dunkin Donuts in central Indiana. Its not even their donuts that I miss, its their great coffee.


                                                  Tristan, you should move here to Rhode Island. There's at least two Dunkin Donuts every square half mile and they're packed to the brims at all hours of the day and night and they put all the good local coffee houses out of business.
                                                   
                                                  #85
                                                    ahmicchick

                                                    • Total Posts: 107
                                                    • Joined: 2/16/2004
                                                    • Location: Auburn, AL
                                                    RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Thu, 02/19/04 2:37 PM (permalink)
                                                    Before school started in January, I decided to take the boys on an educational field trip. "Boys, wanna know how donuts are made?"
                                                    Don't know why my son is unhappy in the picture, because this was his first KK experience and he and his buddy loved them. We didn't get any free donuts, but, as you can see, we got the cool hats.
                                                    [img]C:\Documents and Settings\Steve\My Documents\My Pictures\kkreme.bmp[/img]
                                                     
                                                    #86
                                                      Wallyum

                                                      • Total Posts: 627
                                                      • Joined: 4/2/2004
                                                      • Location: Ft. Thomas, KY
                                                      RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Mon, 04/12/04 4:33 AM (permalink)
                                                      My introduction to Krispy Kremes came on a post-exam beach trip to N. Myrtle Beach in May, 1983. One of my friends and I left the bar we were in to call home and after the calls, couldn't bring ourselves to go back in to see any more of the hideous band. Instead we went across the street and stood under the awning of the KK to keep out of the rain. We watched several loads of donuts come off of the conveyor, but didn't feel the urge to walk in and find out what the big deal was over hot donuts. Several years later they finally arrived in our area and I still don't get the fuss, but I still have a good memory of them keeping me away from Silly's and Passenger for a few minutes.
                                                       
                                                      #87
                                                        lleechef

                                                        • Total Posts: 6225
                                                        • Joined: 3/22/2003
                                                        • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                        RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Mon, 04/12/04 12:05 PM (permalink)
                                                        It is now safe for Sundancer and all the other KK lovers to come to.......Anchorage, Alaska! In the paper the other day.......big news......KK is coming here. Finally!!
                                                         
                                                        #88
                                                          Hillbilly

                                                          • Total Posts: 992
                                                          • Joined: 8/9/2001
                                                          • Location: North Wilkesboro, NC
                                                          RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Mon, 04/12/04 12:49 PM (permalink)
                                                          My Krispy Kreme stock started going down when Sundancer went on Atkins. Maybe the Anchorage will give it a new boost.
                                                           
                                                          #89
                                                            tiki

                                                            • Total Posts: 4135
                                                            • Joined: 7/7/2003
                                                            • Location: Rentiesville, OK
                                                            RE: Hot and Fresh Krispy Creme !!! Mon, 04/12/04 12:53 PM (permalink)
                                                            quote:
                                                            Originally posted by lleechef

                                                            It is now safe for Sundancer and all the other KK lovers to come to.......Anchorage, Alaska! In the paper the other day.......big news......KK is coming here. Finally!!


                                                            So---you planning on standing in line
                                                             
                                                            #90
                                                              Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 61 to 90 of 91

                                                              Jump to:

                                                              Current active users

                                                              There are 0 members and 1 guests.

                                                              Icon Legend and Permission

                                                              • New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

                                                              2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com