Hot and Now Burgers?

Author
jm3amdg
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 26
2004/07/28 10:51:19 (permalink)

Hot and Now Burgers?

I recently moved to Southwest Michigan after a life in sunny southern California. I have noticed a small chain of drive-through burger stands called Hot and Now in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek/Coldwater area. Can anyone comment on the quality of the burger? IOW, is it worth the stop?

6 Replies Related Threads

emsmom
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 955
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? 2004/07/28 11:16:28 (permalink)
    We had a Hot n Now in our city for a couple of years. The price was cheap but the product was your standard tasteless hamburger pattie, with mustard, ketchup, onion flakes and pickle. If was a drive through only and had no place to sit down and eat. It didn't last very long. I really don't think it would be worth the trip for you.
    signman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1743
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? 2004/07/29 01:55:54 (permalink)
    Haven't seen one of these in like 10 years. Went to one in Hanover Pa once. I agree with emsmom.
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? 2004/08/01 21:21:58 (permalink)
    I beleive they closed all the Hot n Nows in Grand Rapids area... Cheap food, but had some real tasty fries! I think a small local chain called Get-em-n-Go may have knocked them out... Same low prices, but a better quality product! http://www.getemngo.com/ (Also, they have really good chili dogs!).
    Poverty Pete
    • Total Posts : 2294
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? 2004/08/01 21:33:49 (permalink)
    I didn't know those were still around. This is a prefab concept by Yum, whose other properties include Taco Bell, Pepsi and KFC. I used to work across the street from their headquarters and test kitchen. I wasn't impressed.
    Jennifer_4
    • Total Posts : 1509
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? 2004/08/01 23:15:43 (permalink)
    We used to have a Hot N Now as well.. but ours were excellent..they were the only burgers around that were actually seasoned~.. and they used to have a day a year where you could get a free burger for yourself and your passengers in the drivethru.. we used to have 6 stores in our town and we'd hit every single one.. eat what we wanted, freeze the rest...yum~ I was so sorry to see them go!
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 335
    RE: Hot and Now Burgers? 2004/08/03 02:54:18 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jm3amdg

I recently moved to Southwest Michigan after a life in sunny southern California. I have noticed a small chain of drive-through burger stands called Hot and Now in the Kalamazoo/Battle Creek/Coldwater area. Can anyone comment on the quality of the burger? IOW, is it worth the stop?

Hot 'N Now is not that great, but they have a website at http://www.hotbrands.biz, but it seems to be on the fritz at the moment." /> In the mid-1990s they planned on expanding into Ohio (I know of two restaurants in the Dayton area that partially converted partially with red and beige tiles and green motif--the one on Woodman Drive is a coffee shop now IIRC), but that never happened. It seems to me most of their restaurants are in Michigan, although I have seen a couple in Indiana (Angola, on IN 127 north of town) and Wisconsin (Sheboygan, in the Amoco on WI 23 just east of I-43). In a yellow pages site search for their restaurants in Ohio a while back they only had one listing in the Buckeye state--Toledo, just south of the state in which they are headquartered.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1