Hot dog mini tour

Author
myway
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 310
2008/08/04 04:19:38 (permalink)

Hot dog mini tour

Hi,

Well we just returned home a couple of weeks ago from our vacation. We went out to Gettysburg for the 145th battle re-enactment. Along the way I tried to stop at as many hot dog places as I could, however the family fought me tooth and nail over that. I did get to stop at a place called Ernies Texas Lunch in Gettysburg. It was decent. I really liked the way the dogs were cut up into sections. I believe they were a 5 to 1 variety type. The taste of the dogs was not what I expected though. They kind of had a spam like taste and a firm baloney -kind of consistency. It really wasn't my cup of tea. I don't think they were all beef either. Being my first official TExas Weiner, it was just O.K.
Now this might strike some here as being a little awkward, but my fav was when we ventured into Washington DC. We went to the Holocaust museum ( Cautionary note to fellow travelers from flyover Country, make sure not to take your favorite knife with you to the museum, you aren't going to make it in.). Across the street was an honest to goodness Sabrett Hot Dog Cart. My son and I made our way there. Once there we ordered. I got one with Kraut and mustard. Natural casing, lighter colored than your average beef dog, but man it was good! I believe it was steamed. I sure would like to see one grilled. But color me impressed. The 3.00 price tag would have folks from around my home rioting though.

I wanted to make my way to Ben's Chili Bowl, but was thwarted by the wife. I began to try and bargain with her to stop at Hillbilly Hot Dogs in W. Va. on the way to Harpers Ferry...no deal. So all in all the good discovery was my first Sabrett. Ernies Texas Lunch in Gettysburg...it was just O.K.
As far as the business end I found a place that was just unbelievably in need of a hot dog cart. Georgetown, my gosh I could not believe how much foot traffic was there in the shopping district. All those young college folks around. It could be a hot dog man's, or , womans paradise. I wonder if they even let vendors on the streets there?

Well just food for thought, pun intended. Next time I get the opportunity to have a little hot dog time to myself...I am leaving my wife at home!LOL

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1