Hot dog vending at the bus xsfer station

Author
Imyurhukelbery
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 42
2005/11/26 17:14:23 (permalink)

Hot dog vending at the bus xsfer station

A city approved vending spot in my town (70,000 pop.)is the bus transfer station.Nearest food is aprox 1/2 block down and over.....scary place...gas station,cigs,beer,and even scarier skinny little hot dogs on a roller.Any ideas on hourly headcount to sell 150 dogs /day?Any thoughts or advice is welcomed and appreciated,,Thanks.

1 Reply Related Threads

UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: Hot dog vending at the bus xsfer station 2005/11/26 22:57:41 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by Imyurhukelbery

A city approved vending spot in my town (70,000 pop.)is the bus transfer station.Nearest food is aprox 1/2 block down and over.....scary place...gas station,cigs,beer,and even scarier skinny little hot dogs on a roller.Any ideas on hourly headcount to sell 150 dogs /day?Any thoughts or advice is welcomed and appreciated,,Thanks.

Before the transfer station in our town located to its new digs, there was a guy selling dogs for a couple years at the old one. That and the local State of Michigan building was right across the street helped also. Couldnt give you head counts, but I'm pretty sure alot of the business came from local downtown buildings vs. the bus customers... Also take into consideration the transfer times between buses (Wait time between one route and another).. Considering food or drink is not usually allowed on the bus, use this in your calculations also. (How many people will order a dog and drink if they only have 5 minutes to enjoy it?)..
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1