Hotel Opinions

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13477
RE: Hotel Opinions 2006/01/25 16:05:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by stevekoe

quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

Paris has six Marriott facilities with two of them being Courtyards.

I have attached their web site and all you have to do is type is Paris for the city and France for the country and ask them to list all hotels available.

The Courtyards should be reasonable for Paris and they are generally very safe

http://marriott.com/default.mi

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Paul, Marriott only has two facilities with a Paris address. Others are a few miles outside of Paris. For the New York comparison from above, staying in Manhattan is what's expensive -- you could stay in Jersey City, NJ right across the river and directly on a public transportation line for one-third to one-half the price of a Manhattan hotel room, but you are not "in the city."

My understanding of Paris is much the same way. You could be only 5 miles from "downtown," but you are not "in the city."

Of course, if you are recommending Marriott facilities in Paris, I would have no beef with recommending the Marriott Champs Elysees (the equivalent to the Marriott Marquis in NYC -- except with white glove treatment!). Of course, a room there will run you upwards of $600/night USD.

Also, one of the Courtyard facilities "in" Paris is the one at CDG Airport. While it has been SOME time since I have been there, I don't remember the area around the airport as one of particular safety. The hotel, itself, may be safe, but if you want to get anywhere to/from there, you need to be conscious of the surroundings.

Sorry as I was only trying to be helpful. The hotel closest to the city which ws a Marriott was $279 Euro. it was 1.2 miles from city center. I guess no matter where you stay, a cab will be essential.

Elise, disregard my suggestion. I was only trying to be helpful.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
RE: Hotel Opinions 2006/01/25 16:56:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by lleechef

Elise,

In Paris, you will not want to waste your time sitting around in your hotel room. Or on the Internet. So find a hotel that is cheap.....there are several on the Rue de Bac......and enjoy a cafe au lait at Les Deux Magots, lunch on the Rue de Rivoli (across the street from the Louvre) dinner at Apicius (tell Jean-Pierre Vigato I said "Salut")and be sure to go to the Moulin Rouge or the Follies Bergere. At this point, all you need is a bed to sleep in! I have stayed at the Georges V.......3 Michelin Stars.......but had more fun in the smaller hotels in the Latin Quarter!

Well, umm, not to be indelicate, but this IS my post-poned honeymoon...so we may not be just sleeping. I am thinking of a little place with an iron-railed balcony and some kind of view, the traditional American in Paris thing. Sitting on the balcony in robes, eating bread and cheese. Giving me a street name helps, thanks...by the way, does that mean Back Street?? Rue de Bac??

EliseT
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2876
RE: Hotel Opinions 2006/01/25 17:00:02 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by signman

Elsie, this is one that I considered. It's in the 7th arrondisement, not too far from Eiffel Tower and several metro lines. It's just around the corner from Rue Clair, which is a food lovers dream street.

http://book.bestwestern.com/bestwestern/productInfo.do?propertyCode=93422#null

Thanks! I will investigate further...

signman
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1743
RE: Hotel Opinions 2006/01/26 09:58:35 (permalink)
Elsie, Trip Advisor is mostly positive on this one. And it's Rue Cler, nothing but food purveyors in every storefront. But I have no firsthand experience at the hotel.
octopus
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 264
RE: Hotel Opinions 2006/01/27 16:44:56 (permalink)
Check out http://www.tripadvisor.com/
It is my other favorite website. well in my top 3 www.engrish.com is hoot.
lunasatic
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 283
RE: Hotel Opinions 2006/02/09 14:32:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Jimeats

Any hotel/motel with a bar attached or inside is a 5 star establishment as far as I'm concerned. Chow Jim

Yeah, even the local no-tell motel looks good after enough time at the bar next door. They rent rooms by the HOUR, for diety's sake! I know, I used to work there! (Getcher minds outta the gutter-I was the night auditor!)
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1