How Come

Author
LegalLady
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 404
  • Joined: 2004/01/03 18:12:00
  • Location: Oshkosh, NE
  • Status: offline
2004/04/05 21:04:58 (permalink)

How Come

Now I don't wanna make y'all mad, but I have a serious question to ask. There are more thread concerning these topics than anything else!" />

How come Hot Dogs & Bar B Que are such majors topics in the forums. They don't have any spectacular hot dogs in Nebraska, and Bar B Que is not a major staple of our diet.

Trying to be Legal in NE

#1

9 Replies Related Threads

    michaelgemmell
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 673
    • Joined: 2004/03/17 16:53:00
    • Location: San Francisco, CA
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/05 21:20:14 (permalink)
    Okay, it has been over 20 years since I bought some, but I saw these TV commercials for Wimmer's Hot Dogs, which I bought in Lincoln. Dear Lady, I recognize Lincoln is hardly WESTERN Nebraska, but how about them? They did have red dye in them, but they were natural casing, and I was glad I brought them home. I prefer any natural casing dog to any "skinless" weenie.

    Why hot dogs and BBQ? Regional favorites, regional products, regional rivalries. Every time I look at that "best place for BBQ" I think, "Not going into THAT can of worms!" Relax--and enjoy the diversity!
    #2
    LegalLady
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 404
    • Joined: 2004/01/03 18:12:00
    • Location: Oshkosh, NE
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/05 21:29:20 (permalink)
    This Lady is always relaxed, and has opinions!
    This Lady is also a bit ornery!
    #3
    Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    • Joined: 2003/04/09 22:48:00
    • Location: Athens, GA
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/05 22:22:03 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by LegalLady

    Now I don't wanna make y'all mad, but I have a serious question to ask. There are more thread concerning these topics than anything else!" />

    How come Hot Dogs & Bar B Que are such majors topics in the forums. They don't have any spectacular hot dogs in Nebraska, and Bar B Que is not a major staple of our diet.

    Trying to be Legal in NE




    LegalLady,
    Why don't you start a thread on runzas? That's something that's apparently only found in Nebraska. Seriously, I'd like to know more about this obscure regional offering.
    Always-Hungrily, Ort. Carlton in Moonlit Athens, Georgia.
    #4
    BigGlenn
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 461
    • Joined: 2003/01/26 03:09:00
    • Location: Victorville, CA
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/05 23:59:05 (permalink)
    Easy answer...............Hot Dogs, BBQ, and Chicken is
    something Darn near every one of us can do. There is no
    way that I can even began to cook some of the Fancy Smancy, Put on your Sunday Go To Meeting Clothes, White Table Cloth, Napkins in your Lap, 15 Different Forks Knives, Spoons, Can't even pronounce, dishes that them other people try to cook, meals! For me sometimes a cardboard burger from the local 7-11, AM-PM, Mini Mart, etc., etc., hits the spot!
    #5
    6star
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4388
    • Joined: 2004/01/28 02:03:00
    • Location: West Peoria, IL
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/06 02:22:15 (permalink)
    I'm not from Nebraska, but here is a start:

    http://www.runza.com/

    They look good to me!
    #6
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7293
    • Joined: 2003/03/22 23:42:00
    • Location: Gahanna, OH
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/06 03:03:01 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by BigGlenn

    Easy answer...............Hot Dogs, BBQ, and Chicken is
    something Darn near every one of us can do. There is no
    way that I can even began to cook some of the Fancy Smancy, Put on your Sunday Go To Meeting Clothes, White Table Cloth, Napkins in your Lap, 15 Different Forks Knives, Spoons, Can't even pronounce, dishes that them other people try to cook, meals! For me sometimes a cardboard burger from the local 7-11, AM-PM, Mini Mart, etc., etc., hits the spot!

    You crack me up! I am so glad I got to sit next to you at the SoCal meeting..........I can just picture you typing in the above! Does this mean that you're turning down the invite to Coq au Vin and pommes Darphin??? We will only provide two utensils, promise! No? Ok, go have another cardboard burger.
    Hey, we tried!
    #7
    LegalLady
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 404
    • Joined: 2004/01/03 18:12:00
    • Location: Oshkosh, NE
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/06 08:14:56 (permalink)

    OK OK, sorry, no more questions. Just thought it was ok to ask. I will continue lurking in the background. Did not mean to upset anyone.

    #8
    Rick F.
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1736
    • Joined: 2002/08/16 09:35:00
    • Location: Natchitoches, LA
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/06 08:26:51 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by LegalLady


    OK OK, sorry, no more questions. Just thought it was ok to ask. I will continue lurking in the background. Did not mean to upset anyone.


    I think hotdogs and such take up space here because, as people have said, they're pretty universally available on "the road." They're also easy to cook and wildly various in type--another multicultural phenomenon. (Or is that pheromone? It's early here.)

    And don't worry: I doubt anybody was upset. Folks here are pretty ornery and opinionated, too. (Except, of course, for me! )
    #9
    Michael Stern
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1034
    • Joined: 2000/11/19 18:12:00
    • Location: Bethel, CT
    • Status: offline
    RE: How Come 2004/04/06 08:55:31 (permalink)
    I've had excellent Coney Islands (Midwestern hot dogs) in Nebraska! And as MichaelGemmell says, those Nebraska-made Wimmer dogs are A-OK... especially with chili on top:

    #10
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1