How To Wreck A Burger

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/11 08:31:36 (permalink)
Me, too, Mellow!
KurtSara
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 182
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/11 08:39:17 (permalink)
Grits-N-Gravy

well, of course I agree a gourmet burger is better than anything fast food, but in the fast/ fast casual genre, I havent found a better tasting burger than 5 guys.

5 Guys burgers are good, but I would rather have a Culvers triple with swiss chees and onions
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6189
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/11 09:27:40 (permalink)
I'd like to make a statement. The above letters prove a point......Cooking is an art, What constitutes art is in the eye of the beholder...or in this case,the taste buds of the beholder. In art you can say,_"I love this painting. I know this artist's technique is basically incorrect, but the painting works for me" It might not follow the accepted standards, but the finished product,pleases that art lover's senses.
       People around here(me included) argue what is a good hamberger, hotdog,pizza(me), barbecue,chain food..etc. etc.etc.....but if what you eat works for you and for you is pleasing to the food ART palet,so be it. I can argue aginst pizza hut and chain pizza. I can say(and believe in MY HEART) it's not real standard pizza....then I won't eat it,or call it pizza. If you love Pizza Hut and leave satidfied and content,like that art lover above, you chose to disagree, and are happy in your own world and way. What good is yelling at the guy and telling him he's wrong??? Oh, I know...it's fun....and this is "Roadfood" not "chain food" or "wrong food"....but we all love food and if we love what we're eating...isn't that what it's about. Would we all tell a guy, "You're wife is ugly. You don't know what good looks are do you? Now look at my wife!" Art and most other things are opinion bases(rules be damned. I am a reformed critic.....Maybe I'm wrong...maybe Pizza Hut does sell pizza......... Naaaaaa

ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8317
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/11 09:42:44 (permalink)
Good point, leethebard. And to add to your thought, tastes change. We have a local custard stand that sell, imo, a wonderful burger.My husband used to swear by them.Now he doesnt care for them, and nothing has changed about them. I think he has just found other burgers more to his liking now.
Davydd
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6321
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/11 10:36:12 (permalink)
5 Guys, Culver's, etc. Yeah, I eat them and even like them, but am more interested in Buffetbuster's list. There are art lovers who like Elvis on black velvet paintings too.
jks19714
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/15 15:39:51 (permalink)
Greymo

The cook's  last job  must have been  at "Five Guys".

AMEN to that.  I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who doesn't genuflect to them!

We have a fledgeling burger chain which started in Newark DE called Jake's Hamburgers.  They must have flunked Burger 101 at Five Guys -- dry, thin, overcooked but even SMALLER once cooked.  I had a Jake's at the new store near home, threw it out half-eaten and walked out.  Their onion rings are pretty good, but the burgers - ugh.

I drove down the street to the Charcoal Pit (another local place) and got an 8-oz'er medium rare -- yeah, they'll cook them on real charcoal your way.  

Five Guys leaning on the spatula... 
dimmie2
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 238
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/27 11:18:24 (permalink)
annpeeples

Good point, leethebard. And to add to your thought, tastes change. We have a local custard stand that sell, imo, a wonderful burger.My husband used to swear by them.Now he doesnt care for them, and nothing has changed about them. I think he has just found other burgers more to his liking now.

I agree, tastes do change over the years.  Back home there's a local place called Watsonburgers and they make a very good burger. I've never found one that quite measures up to it.    I'm not an eater of anything rare or even close to it, so I really don't care if it's not the juiciest burger out there.
leethebard
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6189
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/27 21:26:38 (permalink)
I  agree. Eating out,I trust a more well done burger than a rare one.Ground beef isn't a rare prime steaki.
CCinNJ
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 7778
Re:How To Wreck A Burger 2010/12/27 22:55:37 (permalink)
Davydd

5 Guys, Culver's, etc. Yeah, I eat them and even like them, but am more interested in Buffetbuster's list. There are art lovers who like Elvis on black velvet paintings too.

Yes. The young...thin Elvis.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1