How about waffle house ?

Page: << < ..111213 > Showing page 12 of 13
Author
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18259
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/13 12:10:25 (permalink)
I stopped in at my Waffle House this morning, but I just had a couple of cups of coffee and a buttered and grilled Danish. That's my one for 2005.
V960
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2429
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/17 10:28:21 (permalink)
Two eggs medium, crisp HB's, dry whole wheat...mine for the week.
dreamzpainter
  • Total Posts : 1609
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/17 14:05:02 (permalink)
baconNcheese omolet, HB's covered,scattered etc, grits, coffee and a double vanilla coke, followed by watching the sunrise while slowly strolling the beach.... mine for the weekend
Scorereader
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5546
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/17 15:46:14 (permalink)
Travelling 75 MPH past the exit and seeing the W A F F L E H O U S E sign in the rear view mirror, thinking about the wonderful debating the WH has given me.

ahh, the memories.

WaffleHouserules
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 353
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/25 19:32:04 (permalink)
I drive 1 hour to Toldeo,Oh to eat at my waffle house. Havent been to a waffle house since I was in NC in august, next time Im driving down to ohio, im stopping at my waffle house.
V960
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/26 09:24:29 (permalink)
I drove into Charlotte from my home thirty miles north of the city. Passed seven WH's and I didn't even get to the middle of the city.

According to www.wafflehouse.com there are 115 WH's in NC, 118 in SC and 106 in Tennessee. Of course Georgia has 363 locations.
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/26 09:27:46 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by V960

I drove into Charlotte from my home thirty miles north of the city. Passed seven WH's and I didn't even get to the middle of the city.

According to www.wafflehouse.com there are 115 WH's in NC, 118 in SC and 106 in Tennessee. Of course Georgia has 363 locations.

We should've let the south secede.

Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/26 17:01:12 (permalink)
I'm hoping the "fast food" name of the forum will change names to inlcude large chains such as waffle house.

Keep it here admins.
V960
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/10/27 16:51:00 (permalink)
Scorereader,
We tried, Lord knows we tried. The South out rode, out shot and then just slap got steam rollered.

Would have been an interesting world if Pickett would have reached the oak grove.
SassyGritsAL
  • Total Posts : 1089
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 11:57:17 (permalink)
Hey don't forget about us here in good 'ol Alabamy. Here in Huntsville there are about 5 or 6 Waffle House restaurants. My grandkids love to go there. You can't beat the Pecan Waffles.

Oh yeah, the South Did Rise Again! Believe it our not, we are not all barefoot and pregnent here even though we order our tea sweet not unsweet, we eat our hushpuppies drenched in white sause, our BBQ is always shredded not sliced, grits are eaten w/butter and S&P, banana pudding is made from scratch, not w/jello flav. banana pudding and Cool-Whip, and our cornbreak is not sweet. Oh yeah, Out Tide Rolls, and our Eagles Fly!
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 13:48:28 (permalink)
You may not ALL be barefoot and pregnant. But ya'all know you got more than your fair share.

In the north, we try to KEEP our teeth, so we lighten up on sugar in our tea.

Hushpuppies? We do not eat shoes!

In the North, we find it difficult to cook on our barbecues if they are shreded...OR sliced.

We stay away from anything that remotely sounds like grits.

Since the banana is a very soft fruit and our teeth are intact, we don't need to make the banana into pudding, except for when feeding our babies, but even they can figure out how to "gum" a banana at a pretty early age.

I've never had sweetened cornbread in the North, but then, we don't eat cornbread much either.

Our Tide is used in the washing machine and our Eagles are in Philadelphia.

porkbeaks
  • Total Posts : 2214
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 13:55:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Scorereader

You may not ALL be barefoot and pregnant. But ya'all know you got more than your fair share.

In the north, we try to KEEP our teeth, so we lighten up on sugar in our tea.

Hushpuppies? We do not eat shoes!

In the North, we find it difficult to cook on our barbecues if they are shreded...OR sliced.

We stay away from anything that remotely sounds like grits.

Since the banana is a very soft fruit and our teeth are intact, we don't need to make the banana into pudding, except for when feeding our babies, but even they can figure out how to "gum" a banana at a pretty early age.

I've never had sweetened cornbread in the North, but then, we don't eat cornbread much either.

Our Tide is used in the washing machine and our Eagles are in Philadelphia.

You know, Scorereader, sometimes you aren't half as funny as you think you are and other times you are borderline nasty. I think this post qualifies on both counts. pb
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 14:11:19 (permalink)
IF you knew my love for Southern cooking, you'd know different.

I think I've discussed southern cooking and regional reataurants as much as those up north and in the mid-atlantic - which isn't really North or South.

in fact, if you re-read, you'll see that the North is not necessarily depicted all that great either. i.e. The North's idea of hushpuppies are the shoes (the actual shoes also called hushpuppies), the North thinks that BBQ is a machine, not the stuff you put in your mouth. That they miss out on good banana pudding and cornbread and Northerners are ignorant as to what grits are.

In retrospect, you're right. I was pitifully rude to the Northerners. Sorry to all the Yankees.

Besides, SassyGritsAL started poking fun at the North. She wouldn't have dished out some light hearted humor if she couldn't take some light hearted humor in return. I'm sure she's heard it all before.

and, I AM as funny as I think.

Lighten up Francis.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 14:43:37 (permalink)
Really---it seems whats good for the goose is good for the gander!---and i find it hard to belive that any TRUE GRIT couldnt handle a little hardball---especially when she seem to a fine pitcher herself!
SassyGritsAL
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 15:53:49 (permalink)
You best believe I can take it, besides I have only lived here in the south for 40 years; before that I was an Air Force brat and lived everywhere. My father was for PA and my mom for AL so I've had the best of both. My dad introduced us to baked macaroni and cheese; not the kind made w/Velvetta and to homemade rootbeer, but we introduced him to pinto beans cooked w/fatback and homemade likker! Just kidding about the likker that is.
tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 17:04:18 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

You best believe I can take it, besides I have only lived here in the south for 40 years; before that I was an Air Force brat and lived everywhere. My father was for PA and my mom for AL so I've had the best of both. My dad introduced us to baked macaroni and cheese; not the kind made w/Velvetta and to homemade rootbeer, but we introduced him to pinto beans cooked w/fatback and homemade likker! Just kidding about the likker that is.

I had a feeling you could handle yourself just fine!
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/03 17:18:25 (permalink)
Well, I'm glad too!

I too had the best of both worlds, living my youth in NY, then working in NC, which I understand is still considered the North in parts of Alabama. But believe you me, NC is southern through and through. Loved it!

and, I doubt you're kidding about the liquor. I've had some of that southern brew you all call...what was it now?...oh yeah..."moonshine." My favorite was a homemade peach likker. Ooooo yeaahh! Hand me a shot gun and give me a mullet that was good stuff! I enjoyed that night....the morning, not so much.

Marc4022
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 41
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/07 14:33:54 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by scbuzz

Does anybody else love waffle house like me. The cheese omelet is GREAT ! So thick and fluffy ! They whip it in a blender. Have not had any bad meals at waffle house. Waffles are good too.

You will appreciate this billboard that a local Atlanta bank ran: "If we had any more branches, we'd have to serve waffles!"

Anyway, we love WH...lovingly referred to as Casa de Waffle. My grandson mopped up his first egg yolks with toast at WH.

I improvised my own favorite dish at WH by ordering double hash browns, all the way (incl. chili but not jalapenos) and asked the cook to stir in two eggs. A total meal for under $10. Personally, I think Bert needs to add this variation to his menu.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/07 16:53:59 (permalink)
I'm still trying to find out whether Waffle House officials know they've been turned into a fast food franchise, and whether they plan to sue over it. The last I heard they insisted, correctly I might add, that they serve no fast food, just good food, fast.
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/07 17:05:52 (permalink)
"good food" is still debatable.

I agree, that it's not fast food in the sence you go up to a counter and order and receive your meal before sitting down, but I think the whole forum is for this kind of franchise which is spread like weeds akin to McD's, BK, KFC, etc.

Perhaps a new name for the thread is all that is needed to clarify.

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13475
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/07 17:29:19 (permalink)
I for one have enjoyed the Waffle House for years. They are a chain but their food is everything I have every wanted. I enjoy each and everything they offer. I get great value for what I spend.

I know of no other restaurant that serves hasbrowns as good as theirs. I truly enjoy both of their delicious waffles.

Their breakfast is super and their lunch and dinner is great. I will continue to give them my business as long as they maintain their quality.

Their menu is fun to read.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/07 18:08:31 (permalink)
quote:

Not really. When there's just one person disputing it there is no debate. It's just one person's opinion.
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/07 19:22:41 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:

Not really. When there's just one person disputing it there is no debate. It's just one person's opinion.

that's what an actor says after the critic gives a bad review.

SassyGritsAL
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/08 11:00:55 (permalink)
Grow Up - Your' How Old (12)
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/11/08 15:46:12 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by SassyGritsAL

Grow Up - Your' How Old (12)

Well...no...but...I...uh...
...HE started it!

V960
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/12/05 14:00:12 (permalink)
Scorereader is alright...get a thicker skin folks. And his comments about poor teeth in the south reminded me of last Saturaday morning at the feed store...these "gentlemen" w/ the poor teeth don't like me too much either, my farm's bigger, profitable and I drive a newer truck or my Volvo to the store. My daughter's BMW doesn't go over all that well either. Yea, I'm real popular at the feed store, I pay cash. My fowl orders in the spring for some reason also ticks them off...turkeys, ducks, peafowl and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Waffle House is however one of my fav places. I admit to being in a rut. "Water, two eggs over medium, dry whole wheat, crisp hashbrowns and yes, I would like the grits" is my standard order and has been for fifiteen plus years. Can't even remember having anything else in twenty years.

Someone made a comment about Alabama thinking NC was northern. That is only because Alabama, SC and Mississippi are in a race to the bottom for their school systems.
garryd451
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 705
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/12/05 15:49:09 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by V960

Scorereader is alright...get a thicker skin folks. And his comments about poor teeth in the south reminded me of last Saturaday morning at the feed store...these "gentlemen" w/ the poor teeth don't like me too much either, my farm's bigger, profitable and I drive a newer truck or my Volvo to the store. My daughter's BMW doesn't go over all that well either. Yea, I'm real popular at the feed store, I pay cash. My fowl orders in the spring for some reason also ticks them off...turkeys, ducks, peafowl and anything else that strikes my fancy.

Waffle House is however one of my fav places. I admit to being in a rut. "Water, two eggs over medium, dry whole wheat, crisp hashbrowns and yes, I would like the grits" is my standard order and has been for fifiteen plus years. Can't even remember having anything else in twenty years.

Someone made a comment about Alabama thinking NC was northern. That is only because Alabama, SC and Mississippi are in a race to the bottom for their school systems.

My wife is a educational consultant for our local county school district, about 2 years ago, my wife showed me a list of the states where the schools systems are on the bottom, Arkansas was on the bottom!
V960
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/12/05 16:22:33 (permalink)
Arkansas...really. We warn our children to beware of cars w/ a SC license plate in NC. They do strange things.

And TN has no required insurance law...interesting situation.

Who cares, the weather is worth the crap.
Scorereader
Sirloin
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/12/05 17:35:42 (permalink)
and a Robert Trent Jones Golf Course Trail.
V960
RE: How about waffle house ? 2005/12/06 12:59:51 (permalink)
Twenty degrees this morning at 6 am but it should be fifty five by tee time at 4:30 (won't finish the full 18 but we still must make a living) at Carmel CC.

Lunch at WH by the way.
Page: << < ..111213 > Showing page 12 of 13
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1