The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

How about waffle house ?

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 13, messages 211 to 240 of 385
sugarlander

• Total Posts: 254
RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 03/14/05 4:33 PM (permalink)
I had a good surprise at Waffle House last Saturday--real half n half with the coffee, not that ersatz white liquid. I hope this is a trend. Can real butter be next?

ctfrasier

• Total Posts: 253
    RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 03/14/05 5:25 PM (permalink)
    I think real butter may be too much to hope for at Waffle house.

hjbyun

• Total Posts: 100
      RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 03/14/05 10:48 PM (permalink)
      love the waffle house.

Here is a triva question? Does anyone know how many waffle house are on I95. When my wife and I last counted, we consider any waffle house that you could either see from the road or a road sign indicated a waffle house at a particular location. BTW, our count is a bit date (last time we drove it was in 99).

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
        RE: How about waffle house ? Tue, 03/15/05 12:48 AM (permalink)
        What stretch of I-95 is this? This could be one short stretch, they seem to be everywhere.

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
          RE: How about waffle house ? Tue, 03/15/05 7:13 AM (permalink)
          quote:
          Originally posted by hjbyun

love the waffle house.

Here is a triva question? Does anyone know how many waffle house are on I95. When my wife and I last counted, we consider any waffle house that you could either see from the road or a road sign indicated a waffle house at a particular location. BTW, our count is a bit date (last time we drove it was in 99).

Several years ago (in a trip down I-95 to FL) I remember that Waffle House used to put out a little strip map/directory of all their stores along the route. Was the kind of thing you could find in racks in gas stations and motel lobbies. This was probably 10 yrs ago though so I don't know if they still do that now.

QFan
          Bonita Springs, FL

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
            RE: How about waffle house ? Tue, 03/15/05 11:03 AM (permalink)
            I don't know how many WH's are along I95 but they seem to be closeby whenever you need a cuppa!!

hjbyun

• Total Posts: 100
              RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/17/05 9:04 PM (permalink)
              I'm talking all of I95. From Miami to Maine.

WaffleHouserules

• Total Posts: 353
                RE: How about waffle house ? Sun, 03/20/05 9:12 PM (permalink)
                When is waffle house going to make it into michigan. Someone please give me an answer. I love their country ham big deal dinner meat lovers.

ctfrasier

RE: How about waffle house ? Wed, 03/23/05 6:40 PM (permalink)
                  You know, Waffle House is a franchise operation. You caould just open your own there in Michigan! A buddy of mine worked for their corporate offices and said the franchisees do really well.

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                    RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/24/05 6:18 PM (permalink)
                    Anybody been to Omellette Shop or Huddle House? Are they basically WaffleHouse clones?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17850
                      RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/24/05 6:21 PM (permalink)
                      quote:
                      Originally posted by carlton pierre

Anybody been to Omellette Shop or Huddle House? Are they basically WaffleHouse clones?

They're copies, not clones. I've been to several of each in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee, and as far as I'm concerned they don't come close to Waffle House. And that doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they're not as good, as far as I'm concerned.

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                        RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/24/05 7:21 PM (permalink)
                        IMHO Huddle House is to Waffle House like Burger King is to Wendy's or Krystals is to White Castle... Given a choice its WH but I've had good meals at HH as well.

WaffleHouserules

RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/24/05 8:53 PM (permalink)
                          I dont have the money to do that. All I want is for waffle house to open up resturants in michigan, I think that they would do well up here.

ctfrasier

RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/24/05 9:35 PM (permalink)
                            I'm sure they would do very well in Michigan. I can't imagine them not doing well anywhere.

WaffleHouserules

RE: How about waffle house ? Thu, 03/24/05 10:17 PM (permalink)
                              If anyone has any info about waffle house comming to michigan please let me know.

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
                                RE: How about waffle house ? Fri, 03/25/05 10:29 PM (permalink)
                                quote:
                                Originally posted by WaffleHouserules

When is waffle house going to make it into michigan. Someone please give me an answer. I love their country ham big deal dinner meat lovers.

Waffle House of America
                                60631 County Road 365 North, Lawrence, MI 49064
                                Tel: (269) 674-8500

Waffle House
                                3801 N State Route 140
                                Watervliet, MI
                                Phone: (616) 463-4212

WaffleHouserules

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 2:20 PM (permalink)
                                  I dont think those are the waffle house franchises. Those are local places called waffle house.

garryd451

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 2:47 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:

I dont think those are the waffle house franchises. Those are local places called waffle house.

wafflehouse Rules

Thank You,

Garry

WaffleHouserules

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 6:21 PM (permalink)
                                      I looked at their buisness profile and it listed the wafflehouse.com link. I havent been to that part of the state in a while, gary please give me some info on those two locations you mentioned

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
                                        RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 6:46 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:
                                        Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:
                                        Originally posted by carlton pierre

They're copies, not clones. I've been to several of each in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee, and as far as I'm concerned they don't come close to Waffle House. And that doesn't mean they're bad. It just means they're not as good, as far as I'm concerned.

Further comments: I have seen many WH & HH franchises go under in my area; only to be replaced by local owners with a bright idea that it is better to serve the local folk's appetite(s) than to carry a dictated menu from the prior franchise.

garryd451

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 6:58 PM (permalink)
                                          quote:

I looked at their buisness profile and it listed the wafflehouse.com link. I havent been to that part of the state in a while, gary please give me some info on those two locations you mentioned

They both are located on exits just off from I-94, they are about 20 miles apart. The Watervilet location has good food but nothing I drive out of my way for. They use carbom waffle mix, they offer breakfast, lunch dinner, and on evenings and weekends they have a dinner buffet. The food from the menu is good, some even above good, but the buffets always seemed not to be quite as good as the menu food. This onee is located in an older bulding and is nothing fancy about it looks.

I have never eaten at the one in Lawerenc, but it has gotten alot of P.R. in all of the area news media about having the nicest bathroom in America.

WaffleHouserules

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 7:03 PM (permalink)
                                            But are they the waffle house franchise?

garryd451

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 7:12 PM (permalink)
                                              quote:

But are they the waffle house franchise?

I really don't know for sure, I would guess not!

WaffleHouserules

RE: How about waffle house ? Sat, 03/26/05 7:19 PM (permalink)
                                                Every where I look they list the wafflehouse.com link on their buisness profile. Google local listed it also. I live near detroit, so I probablly will never go there.

SouthHillbilly

• Total Posts: 295
                                                  RE: How about waffle house ? Sun, 05/29/05 10:22 PM (permalink)
                                                  I ate at a Waffle House yesterday. It was great as usual. I always eat at Waffle House when I get the chance.
                                                  The service was quick, friendly and professional. The food was cooked well and tasted great. The show from the counter was worth the price.
                                                  Everybody knows. . . . WaffleHouserules!

long dog

RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 05/30/05 4:52 PM (permalink)
                                                    quote:
                                                    hjbyun Posted - 03/17/2005 : 21:04:34
                                                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hjbyun - when starting in Maine and travelling south on I-95, where do you see your first Waffle House - Virginia ???

QFan

• Location: Bonita Springs, FL
                                                      RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 05/30/05 5:30 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by long dog

quote:
                                                      hjbyun Posted - 03/17/2005 : 21:04:34
                                                      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hjbyun - when starting in Maine and travelling south on I-95, where do you see your first Waffle House - Virginia ???

From their locator looks like it's in Maryland right around Elkton or North East. May have to get off I-95 to look for it if not marked on one of the big green signs. Go to www.wafflehouse.com.

QFan
                                                      Bonita Springs, FL
                                                      p.s. They make a very decent hamburger too especially if you get the double w/ cheese.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5057
                                                        • Location: Tallahassee, FL
                                                        RE: How about waffle house ? Mon, 05/30/05 5:50 PM (permalink)
                                                        What about the Waffle House "clone"?

They are pretty good also...

http://www.huddlehouse.com/

long dog

• Location: Milford, CT
                                                          RE: How about waffle house ? Tue, 05/31/05 9:53 PM (permalink)
                                                          qfan -

wherever it is, it sure is a LONG way from Maine !

QFan

• Location: Bonita Springs, FL
                                                            RE: How about waffle house ? Fri, 06/3/05 10:27 AM (permalink)
                                                            Just keep it in your hip pocket for your next road trip south. If for no other reason, they're open 24/7.

QFan
                                                            Bonita Springs, FL

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 13, messages 211 to 240 of 385

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com