How diabolical is your cat?

Author
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
2011/01/26 12:18:40 (permalink)

How diabolical is your cat?

I have a 19, I think, yr. old Tabby, when she gets upset with me she poops in my shower. This morning, Sassy, took things to a new level, upset for no particular reason I know of, she barfed in one of my shoes I wear around the house, I would have put my foot in but she left some on the toe, outside. As I was cleaning it off I saw her direct deposit inside. Calculatingly diabolical. Got any Cat stories?

20 Replies Related Threads

felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3475
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 12:48:39 (permalink)
    Mine used to register their displeasure with the state of the litter box by using the floor in front of my bathtub, then pulling the bath mat off the edge of the tub to cover it.  I quickly learned to look before I stepped on the mat.

My favourite story, though...one Christmas I bought them a box of catnip, but by the time I got home from shopping I was so hungry I just dumped all the bags on my bed and made dinner.  Afterward while putting everything away, I couldn't for the life of me find the catnip.  Eventually, I figured it somehow didn't get put in my bag, and it wasn't worth the three bucks to go back to the store.  Two days later I realized several pieces of clothing had been pulled off the hangers in my closet and were on the floor.  After I picked everything up, I found the box of catnip...FULL of tiny little teeth marks.  Turns out while I was eating, they'd stolen it, then hidden it so I wouldn't take it away.

Man, but I miss my boys!
    Gazmik
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 12:54:21 (permalink)
    I have a couple of tabbies. One of the seems to be a trouble maker. She'll hop up on the dining room table, end tables or coffee table and start pushing things off the tables on to the floor.

A couple of times when my girlfriend has been over, she's peed on me in bed like she's marking her possession. And she'll sit on the floor and stare at me like she's trying to use her hypnotic powers, "Give me treats! Give me treats! Give me treats!"
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8323
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 14:59:15 (permalink)
    Ctf-your story had me laughing out loud.While I am sure its not pleasant, its funny as he**!!!!
    fishtaco
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 789
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 15:33:44 (permalink)
    My female Rat terrier (not fixed) humps my female cat when
    she is in heat. Cat just takes it!
    MellowRoast
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2009
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 15:36:08 (permalink)
    Gazmik

A couple of times when my girlfriend has been over, she's peed on me in bed like she's marking her possession.

Are you referring to the CAT?

chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 16:22:50 (permalink)
    MellowRoast

Gazmik

A couple of times when my girlfriend has been over, she's peed on me in bed like she's marking her possession.

Gazmik
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 18
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 19:37:12 (permalink)
    MellowRoast

Yes, the cat. Even though the girlfriend (she's over 50, can she still be called a "girlfriend"?) seems to want to claim me as a possession, it hasn't involved peeing on me...yet.
    Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18360
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/26 19:53:07 (permalink)
    The important thing to always keep in mind when it comes to cats is that they have no owners. They have staff.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/27 13:04:09 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

The important thing to always keep in mind when it comes to cats is that they have no owners. They have staff.

Perfect!

felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3475
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/27 13:44:08 (permalink)
    Michael Hoffman

I always used to say that I was allowed to live with two cats.
    DawnT
    • Total Posts : 1286
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/27 13:54:45 (permalink)
    All of our's were Asian breeds. My daughter currently is owned by a Tonkinese going on it's 7th year. Maybe they're better behaved then the shorthair breeds. Seems like whenever you hear about bad or agressive cat behavior it's usually shorthairs and more then likely Tabbys. Don't get me wrong, our Siamese was one royal PITA when it came to constantly demanding attention, always under foot, and noisy, but never destructive or ill behaved. Our Korat was, well I can say she was physically present and accounted for, but for most of her 18 years, I'm not sure we shared the same realm,dimension,or even reality. My kid's Perla is a very gentle and soft spoken soul that's been an absolute gem. Sort of like our Siamese in many ways, but loaded on Prozac is the best way I can describe her.
    I never quite understood something about the perception of Siamese cats. You'd mention that you have one and many people's reaction would be that they must be mean and agressive. Oh yeah, they crawl up drapes. I don't know where that came from, but I wish I had a quarter for how many times somebody related some negative trait related to the breed that they heard about. That hasn't been my experience nor anyone else we've known that had them. I love the breed, but I don't think that I have the energy any more to raise another. About the only mischievious thing that I can think about ours would do was her infernal habit of trying to wedge herself into small spaces. She knew how to open kitchen cabinets and would occasionally get into the girl's dresser drawers if left open enough when she was younger, but never for any other reason then to get inside. She was also great for reaching her paws into holes or places that could potentially have been hazardous.
    claracamille
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 434
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/01/30 14:47:16 (permalink)
    My cats have all been independent, but not diabolical.
    My yellow & white boy loved red flowers.  I found this out the first Christmas we had him.  I got a fresh arrangement for the dining room that had red carnations.  I missed one of the carnations & found it torn apart under the table.  I then watched him jump on the table, take out one red carnation, jump off the table & carry the flower around in his mouth.  After about a day, he shredded it.  From then on any red flowers were his.  I finally had to stop bringing any red flowers into the house.
    Aren't cats a hoot!!!
    Georgieporgie
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 32
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/02/18 15:30:24 (permalink)
    Hahaha, I love the cat and flowers! My cat would always try to escape the house when we left for trips. one weekend we went away and she showed her displeasure at being left behind by pooping on the brand new king mattress in my parents room. other than that, she hasnt been to vengeful. A take the numerous dead rats and bunnies on my doorstep over the last few years to be gifts...
    Ahi Mpls.
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 922
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/02/18 17:16:12 (permalink)
      When Julio the 14 lb., 12 year old, 7 toed Dutch Hemingway/horribly inbred farm cat determines that it is time to get up; he gently inserts one claw into my nose.
       Sometimes I avoid turning my head.  not often enough.   
    jmckee
    • Total Posts : 1184
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/02/21 11:11:32 (permalink)
    Our current "youngest," Simon, is not quite two. And he is the most devious, smartest cat we've ever had in almost 26 years of marriage, through which about 20 cats and a dog have passed....

Two examples:

My wife Vickie installed a shelf in the foyer of our house some years ago, so we'd have someplace to drop keys, wallets, purchases, mail, etc., while we took our coats off. Simon likes to sit on the end of the shelf closest to the front door. One day, when Vickie went outside to get the mail, Simon turned the knob on the deadbolt and locked her out of the house. (Fortunately she was able to use the keypad to the garage door opener for re-entry.)

Secondly, one of our phone extensions is a cordless telephone in the library. Whenever the phones ring at our house, Simon rushes to the library and tries to knock the cordless phone out of its charger. He has successfully done so on more than one occasion, and when we find him, he is pawing the buttons. My sense is he's trying to answer it.
    chewingthefat
    Sirloin
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/02/21 11:47:11 (permalink)
    jmckee

Our current "youngest," Simon, is not quite two. And he is the most devious, smartest cat we've ever had in almost 26 years of marriage, through which about 20 cats and a dog have passed....

Two examples:

My wife Vickie installed a shelf in the foyer of our house some years ago, so we'd have someplace to drop keys, wallets, purchases, mail, etc., while we took our coats off. Simon likes to sit on the end of the shelf closest to the front door. One day, when Vickie went outside to get the mail, Simon turned the knob on the deadbolt and locked her out of the house. (Fortunately she was able to use the keypad to the garage door opener for re-entry.)

Secondly, one of our phone extensions is a cordless telephone in the library. Whenever the phones ring at our house, Simon rushes to the library and tries to knock the cordless phone out of its charger. He has successfully done so on more than one occasion, and when we find him, he is pawing the buttons. My sense is he's trying to answer it.

ladygodiva
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 96
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/08/13 11:58:05 (permalink)
    My late cat Mr. Handsome, also known as Baby Gray, would allways want to escape, my first apartment was not on a busy street so I would always let him out, then I moved to another apartment and had him fixed, that did not stop him from wanting to go out, he would try and sometimes sneak out.  also if he was mad at me he would knock the cat clumps out of the litter box, if I went into the bathroom he would follow me and if I took a shower he would sit on the toliet and wait for me.

the rest of my apartment could be a mess, but if his areas were not clean he would pitch a fit. 
    my cats worst enemy was a diabolical squirel that would tease him at the window. driving my cat crazy
    edwmax
    • Total Posts : 2087
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/08/13 14:28:22 (permalink)
    Dang ... Got 5 new kittens yesterday. A present from our white Cat.   ... These are added to the 2 kittens about 6 months old (mother Persian) and the 3 kittens (was 4, gave 1 away) now 4 1/2 months old (mother a yellow tabby & sister to the white cat).   ... The 2 older kittens and one of the young kittens has figure out that they must 'suck up bad' to keep from being given away.
    post edited by edwmax - 2011/08/13 14:41:34
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6751
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/08/13 23:19:15 (permalink)
    I once had a cat in France, a male that would go out every day.  He was famously charming in the house, purring, sleeping on my lap and on the bed, liking gourmet food,yet diabolical like French men!  He would then go outside and kill a string of birdies, squirrels, mice and small rodents around the house that I would have to dispose of!  And how many kitty hearts did he break?  Very, very diabolical.
    Schmelly
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 185
    Re:How diabolical is your cat? 2011/08/16 16:30:46 (permalink)
    One time I let the litter box go too long and my cat pee'd on my sandals...taught me a lesson.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1