How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood?

Author
Southern Fried
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 68
2014/03/07 19:39:08 (permalink)

How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood?

I did a few reviews on Roadfood many year ago. They are now out of date. Some the items shown in the photos have changed and the images are not too good by today’s standards. I would like to remove and replace all the old photos/review. Last summer I asked the “Restaurant & Review Editors” how to do this and got no reply. So a couple of weeks ago I again used the “Contact Roadfood.com” form hoping to reach buffetbuster as to how to do this. Again no reply.

So as a last resort, I will ask the question on the forums.  Yes, I understand I can submit new content for a restaurant the normal way. But I want to totally remove the out-of-date photos and replace them with current ones. I am only refering to photos that I submitted with my name on them. What should I do?

9 Replies Related Threads

mar52
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7827
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/07 20:20:01 (permalink)
    I don't know if you can remove the old photos, but you can always add to your review.
    iluvcfood
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 448
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/07 22:49:28 (permalink)
    Southern Fried

I did a few reviews on Roadfood many year ago. They are now out of date. Some the items shown in the photos have changed and the images are not too good by today’s standards. I would like to remove and replace all the old photos/review. Last summer I asked the “Restaurant & Review Editors” how to do this and got no reply. So a couple of weeks ago I again used the “Contact Roadfood.com” form hoping to reach buffetbuster as to how to do this. Again no reply.

So as a last resort, I will ask the question on the forums.  Yes, I understand I can submit new content for a restaurant the normal way. But I want to totally remove the out-of-date photos and replace them with current ones. I am only refering to photos that I submitted with my name on them. What should I do?

You delete your pics as you would do on any other site.............  Simply go to the post you made where the pic is that you want to delete.......  go to edit.............  tap on the pic to high light  it and hit enter.  Save changes and you are good to go!
    billyboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2393
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/07 23:04:20 (permalink)
    iluvcfood, I think you can do that with posts on the Forums but does that also extend to formal reviews?
    EdSails
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3945
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/07 23:13:16 (permalink)
    On formal reviews you should be able to go to them through "submit content", then edit review. Just click over to the photos and it allows you to delete photos. It does not remove them from the site but it removes them from the review and you can add your new pics there. Hope that helps!
    Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/08 13:51:56 (permalink)
    Thanks for all the tips. I will try to follow your advice. I will update a review and add new photos. When (if) the new stuff is published, I will try to delete the old photos from the review.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10177
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/08 14:02:49 (permalink)
    Just seeing this.....

Southern Fried, I am so sorry to hear that you have had difficulty reaching me.  I have not received any kind of notice at all.  The two best ways to contact me is either through the email:    cliff@roadfood.com   , which I check at least once a day or to send me a private message through the forums. 

As for your question, I still learning my way around the new position, but I believe Ed Sails is correct.  You should be able to delete them on your end following his steps.  You can also let me know which photos you want deleted and I can do it.   
    post edited by buffetbuster - 2014/03/08 14:04:41
    Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/08 15:06:57 (permalink)
    I followed the advice given above and it worked. Wow, it was a lot easier than I thought. When you go to update your review, you can click “delete photo” and get rid of the old photo that you would like to replace.

Buffetbuster, thanks for posting your e-mail address. I submitted my updated review and photos for you to approve.
    buffetbuster
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10177
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/08 15:15:50 (permalink)
    Southern Fried-
    The review is updated!  The photos are so good, they are now on the front page.  Thanks so much!
    Southern Fried
    Hamburger
    Re:How do I remove/replace old photos on Roadfood? 2014/03/20 14:40:45 (permalink)
    Since I just finished my second update of a very old review, I thought I should follow-up on this thread in case anyone else is thinking about updating some of their old reviews. The update process works really well now.

I made one boo-boo. When I updated my review, I did not save the edited text at that step of the update process as I should have. I thought that I could just save everything at end. So when my review was published, the new photos were there but the old text stayed in place. Buffetbuster provided excellent assistance and got me squared away.

So if you have any old stuff in the Roadfood reviews, you should take a look at updating it. Easy as pie!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1