How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale???

Author
Teeege
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 12
2007/07/09 21:51:16 (permalink)

How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale???

Hi Guys - I'm about to fire up my Hot Dog Business here in Vermont...I'm going to go with Hebrew National 1/4lb'ers because I can buy those at Costco for $2.69lb...I recently did a taste test and in my opinion Nathan's took'em all down...I've been trying to find a wholesale agent to purchase Nathan's for resale, but I can't seem to have any luck here in Vermont!! Last email went to Pine State Trading in Maine in which I'm waiting a response. If everything goes right I expect to sell close to 500lbs of Hot Dogs per week through the summer...any suggestions on how to get Nathan's to South Burlington, Vermont [/red][/red]would be GREAT!!! Thx!![/size=3]

12 Replies Related Threads

UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    RE: How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2007/07/09 22:37:11 (permalink)
    Contact Nathans and ask them who the regional sales agent / distributor is. Once you find the regional guy, you should be able to get info to local sales.
    http://www.nathansfamous.com/
    Teeege
    Junior Burger
    RE: How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2007/07/10 06:49:33 (permalink)
    I know it...it's pretty amazing...you have to have 2 on the weekends for the please give me 7 chili dog orders cause if you fall behind you are bumming!!! And the break down is more like 225 a day Monday through Friday and 450 on Saturday and 350 on Sunday...this also requires 4 12x20 steam pans in which you have cooking 85 to 100 1/4 lb dogs at one time in one pan and 85 to 100 dogs ready to go in the other pan easily in an hour...the other two pans are for the chili and kraut and bread!! As for storage...it requires a whole stand up sliding door coke machine and a 1/3 of the 3'x8' coke fridge...one day we did 700 on a Saturday...you'll get this in front of one of the Top 10 Home Depot's in the country...30,000 people a week going through the doors!! Most sales happen between the hours of 11am and 3pm M-F and 11am-4pm Sat-Sun...A $320,000 dollar in sales business at $2.50 for 1/4/b Hebrew National!! And yes...Costco sells the 3.5lb 1/4lb packs for $9.69 each...you got me thinking about the cases...it's like 14 cases...each case has 10 packs of 14 1/4lber's each!! Bread is the big thing...we do Freihofe's Steak rolls and the cost is .22 cents a roll minimum wholesale!! I know all of this because I just got done working for a guy who has this setup and he was just about killing me for chump change...so I'm going out on my own...August 1st...going to have to work twice as hard because I won't have the permanent setup he has outside the Home Depot, but I'm hoping by 2008 they'll allow me to have a 10'x8' kiosk where I can have a weeks supply on hand...right now I have on order 1 21 cubic freezer for in my garage...oh man wish me luck!!
    Teeege
    Junior Burger
    RE: How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2007/07/10 16:28:15 (permalink)
    Can you email me a pic of your cart? Perhaps a list if you have any specialty products like Franks Hot Sauce...things people flip over...Thanks man!! Email is Teeege@comcast.net
    vlemx
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2007/07/15 21:43:56 (permalink)
    What would I have to go through to sell hot dogs on a cart in
    Broward county Florida?
    mrmonopolymoney
    Junior Burger
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2011/05/04 11:15:55 (permalink)
    Teeege I just came accross your post regarding Nathans HD wholesale price. Did you ever find a source to save you money and keep the Nathans quality??

Mrmonopolymoney ()

Teeege

Hi Guys - I'm about to fire up my Hot Dog Business here in Vermont...I'm going to go with Hebrew National 1/4lb'ers because I can buy those at Costco for $2.69lb...I recently did a taste test and in my opinion Nathan's took'em all down...I've been trying to find a wholesale agent to purchase Nathan's for resale, but I can't seem to have any luck here in Vermont!! Last email went to Pine State Trading in Maine in which I'm waiting a response. If everything goes right I expect to sell close to 500lbs of Hot Dogs per week through the summer...any suggestions on how to get Nathan's to South Burlington, Vermont [/red][/red]would be GREAT!!! Thx!![/size=3]

gregys
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 126
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2011/05/11 19:18:34 (permalink)
    I ate a Hebrew national at Costco and enjoyed it

Nathens, I find too greasy, but I guess depends how you cook them.

Greg
    Teeege
    Junior Burger
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2011/05/11 19:37:27 (permalink)
    Nathan's had called with a suggestion, but by time they got back to me I was already working with Vienna Beef so I never followed up...So No I did not!!   I know if you are on the NY side of the Lake you can hook up with Sam's Club, but as for getting delivery...you would have to pursue it further!!
    Truuh
    Junior Burger
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2011/12/19 23:19:04 (permalink)
    Hey Teege,
    Wondering how your hot dog business is doing? Are you buying directly from Vienna Beef? I am looking to start my own in South Florida soon. Any details would be appreciated. Thanks
    UncleVic
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6025
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2012/01/15 08:17:38 (permalink)
    Truuh, big seller around here is Sabretts, though with the heavy Jewish community I would suggest Hebrew National.  Check out Costco and Sams Club for the best pricing.

Richfon
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 3
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2012/09/14 07:20:22 (permalink)
    516-832-8900 is Nathan's in Westbury where the corp HQ is at. Will you be grilling or boiling your hot dogs? If your boiling you may want to consider using Sabrett, they're located in the Bronx NY and is the dog most found on pushcarts and they've got a wide variety of sizes. Your using a 4, they've got 5 & 6s which are a little smaller. The number reps the qty of dogs to a pound. Another good dog is Best. Nathan's is an excellent grilling dog, but pricey. Boars Head also does Dogs but I'm not sure they do the larger sizes. If your looking for great Deli style mustard, Sauerkraut & Pickles try Batampte from Brooklyn. Brooklyn Terminal Market is the location, superb all these companies have been in business over 70 years, which means they must be doing something right. You may also want Pretzels (Moore Pretzels, Brooklyn) and Knishes (Gabilla, Brooklyn) both flash freeze then ship. If you want a onion in sweet red sauce recipe send me an email
    jman
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1324
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2012/09/14 09:01:28 (permalink)
    Richfon

516-832-8900 is Nathan's in Westbury where the corp HQ is at. Will you be grilling or boiling your hot dogs? If your boiling you may want to consider using Sabrett, they're located in the Bronx NY and is the dog most found on pushcarts and they've got a wide variety of sizes. Your using a 4, they've got 5 & 6s which are a little smaller. The number reps the qty of dogs to a pound. Another good dog is Best. Nathan's is an excellent grilling dog, but pricey. Boars Head also does Dogs but I'm not sure they do the larger sizes. If your looking for great Deli style mustard, Sauerkraut & Pickles try Batampte from Brooklyn. Brooklyn Terminal Market is the location, superb all these companies have been in business over 70 years, which means they must be doing something right. You may also want Pretzels (Moore Pretzels, Brooklyn) and Knishes (Gabilla, Brooklyn) both flash freeze then ship. If you want a onion in sweet red sauce recipe send me an email

Your info may be sound, but the OP made his post five years ago.
    CCinNJ
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7778
    Re:How do you buy Nathan's Hot Dogs at Wholesale??? 2012/09/14 09:26:00 (permalink)
    Very sound information. Are you a Hot dog vendor on Staten Island neighbor?

Best = Best Provisions of Newark. In my opinion an extraordinary l hot dog that tops the other locals. It's a local hot dog brand to this area. The brand often used on our famous and local Italian hot dogs. I was raised that Best was best and that was that. Lol
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1