How do you like your burger?

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/07 16:37:45 (permalink)
Wow, after starting this burger question I was really expecting to see folks saying well done burgers in this day and age! Just shows me there's lots of people with good tastes still out there! Now just convincing my local burger joint medium rare means just after the mooing stops, and not curling over and dried out! Thanks!
JimInKy
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 599
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/07 17:37:42 (permalink)
Actually, I like hamburgers fixed any number of ways. My preference is one char broiled over an open flame to medium doneness, and served on a fresh bun with a slice of softened cheddar, bibb lettuce, garden tomato and salt.

senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/12 02:59:51 (permalink)

The grill is the best of course, but pan fried is fine by me.

I like my hamburger with mayonnaise,cheese, onion and sweet pickle on a toasted seaseme seed bun.Three strips of bacon is a big plus. Ketchup and lettuce is OK. Never mustard or tomato. Never.

SENOR
senor boogie woogie
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 239
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/12 03:03:08 (permalink)

I forgot two important details, I want the meat well done, and I like a generous amount of soysauce added to the meat.

SENOR
scbuzz
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 844
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/12 09:56:05 (permalink)
Do you nibble on spongecake too ???
renfrew
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 696
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/12 11:06:24 (permalink)
i love mine right off a grill in the dead of winter....warming yourself by the fire and eating it straight from the tongs...while sipping a can of beer you kept cold in the snow.

Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13526
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/12 11:15:00 (permalink)
Lettuce, tomato, sweet onions and double mayo.

I also found that by slow cooking in the pan makes the burger more tender.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
2005Equinox
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 219
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/14 03:28:16 (permalink)
You would also be surprised at how well the George Forman grill does. Very good!!!!!!!!!!!!
UncleVic
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6025
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/14 10:12:49 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by clothier

quote:
Originally posted by renfrew

i love mine right off a grill in the dead of winter....warming yourself by the fire and eating it straight from the tongs...while sipping a can of beer you kept cold in the snow.

Ahh Renfrew, what a fine fellow you must be. Welcome to the winter griller's club. From whence do you hale?

Grilling in FLA when it's "winter" is crap. Grilling in Buffalo in Feb, that's another story.

HA! 10am Sunday here in Michigan. Light snow falling, 23 degrees and the charcoal is burning down to do it's thing! Nothing beats an outdoor cooked burger in the dead of winter!
eaglerich
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/15 00:34:16 (permalink)
Char-grilled choice sirloin, 15%, medium rare, seasoned with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Good bread is essential. I prefer a good kaiser roll, bottom lightly toasted, top placed over the patty after it's flipped and the cheese is added. Dressed with grilled sweet onions, roasted red bell pepper, American or cheddar cheese, ketchup, and fresh vine-ripened tomato. Sometimes, according to my mood, I'll add mayo, or mustard, or avacado, or any combination of those condiments that strike my fancy.
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: How do you like your burger? 2003/12/15 00:43:22 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by scbuzz

Do you nibble on spongecake too ???

Dearfolk,
Only if he's blowed out his flip-flop, stepped on a pop-top, cut his heel halfway down to the bone, had to cruise on back home.
Running An All-You-Can-Recall Buffet, Ort. in 30601-land, Which Is Nowhere Near Livingston, Texas, Which Has Quite Some Saturday Night, Lemme Tell Ya.
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/01 12:32:48 (permalink)
Good article about having your burger RARE.

Michael Hoffman will probably appreciate this...

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/articles/2004/9/30/95130.shtml
Grampy
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/01 12:44:38 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

As I have said before, there are two types of people who do not eat meat: those who are vegetarians, and those who eat it well done.
Bushie
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2902
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/01 12:50:17 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

As I have said before, there are two types of people who do not eat meat: those who are vegetarians, and those who eat it well done.

Amen!
Rusty246
  • Total Posts : 2414
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/01 13:57:19 (permalink)
I too like my burgers rare with grilled onions and mushrooms straight on the burger them provolone melted, grilled bun. Depending on my mood I either dress it up, naked as above. I also love raw burger and if preparing burger for anything I'm constantly pinching myself off a bite here and there only to turn around to find husband with hands on his hips, "STOP THAT!" To which I reply: "Hey, I can't help it if you like your meat tastelss and BURNT!" If I grill stuffed burgers then I'll let them go to a medium rare to medium to cook what's inside a bit.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18704
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/01 14:06:21 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Bushie

I did appreciate it.

You know, it's amazing how it has become so difficult to get even a medium rare hamburger these days. A few years ago the Waffle House started making people sign a note saying they won't hold Waffle House responsible for illness if they agreed to serve you a medium rare burger or patty melt. They stopped doing that after a while -- probably because they finally realized that such a note wouldn't be legally binding. But around Central Ohio the only place other than Waffle House where I know I can always get a burger done medium rare, even rare, is a chain called Max & Erma's.
Pwingsx
  • Total Posts : 2170
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/02 15:23:01 (permalink)
What I really love is a rare rare burger with blood oozing slowly, then piling on half a bottle of ketchup to increase the gore factor.

Something about half-raw meat with tomato just make my blood boil.

I think I'm feeding my inner cave-woman.
carlton pierre
  • Total Posts : 2500
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/03 19:14:32 (permalink)
Medium. The rare ones I used to call cannibal sandwiches.

carl reitz
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/03 19:26:52 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by carlton pierre

Medium. The rare ones I used to call cannibal sandwiches.

carl reitz

We always called raw ones, not rare ones, cannibal sandwiches.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/03 20:11:08 (permalink)
Raw burger or burger not well cooked is a quick way to E Coli. I will guarantee you that if you are unlucky to consume this bacteria, at best, you will feel terrible. Worst case is that your off to paradise.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/03 21:26:00 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Sundancer7

Raw burger or burger not well cooked is a quick way to salmonella. I will guarantee you that if you are unlucky to consume this bacteria, at best, you will feel terrible. Worst case is that your off to paradise.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Although years ago I used to eat raw hamburger that I purchased, these days I only eat raw chopped meat that I have ground myself. As to rare, well, I'll take a few days of being sick if that's what I have to do to not have to eat well done hamburger.
Grampy
  • Total Posts : 1559
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/03 21:39:08 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:

Raw burger or burger not well cooked is a quick way to salmonella. I will guarantee you that if you are unlucky to consume this bacteria, at best, you will feel terrible. Worst case is that your off to paradise.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

Although years ago I used to eat raw hamburger that I purchased, these days I only eat raw chopped meat that I have ground myself. As to rare, well, I'll take a few days of being sick if that's what I have to do to not have to eat well done hamburger.

I have only had locally raised organic ground beef over the last few years or, like Michael, have ground my own beef from smaller distributors. No mass-supermarket trash. The chances of being sick are next to nil. E-coli, not salmonella, is simply not likely. In fact, it has not been reported at all under these traditionally raised conditions. I would have no fear of any parasite or other food-borne illness by eating my organic beef raw -- if I chose to. As it is, I make the best RARE burgers without any hint of detriment. All folks get from my burgers is sheer joy of eating a food that evokes the past in an age of fast foods and supermarket glut. All are welcome to eat at Grampy's (Rob's).
Ort. Carlton.
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3589
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/03 22:02:24 (permalink)
Dearfolk,
The night manager at Peaches Records in Atlanta, Ric "Burgers" Burnett, always ate the same thing: burger, well-done on a toasted-dark bun, no lettuce, no tomato, no cheese... just bread and meat. "Well done," he'd smile cordially. "Thanks."
Another fellow I met later did roughly the same thing, but always drank a Bud Light to wash his burger down. He went to New Orleans and complained about the food and to Germany (his poor long-suffering wife utterly dragged him to both places) and complained about the beer. I guess he's just what you would call a "late adopter."
Unhungrily, Ort. "Medium-Rare, All-The-Way" Carlton.
hermitt4d
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 367
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/10/04 03:50:50 (permalink)
I've heard of a place on Galveston Bay, Gilhooley's Raw Bar, in San Leon, an oysterman's hangout and biker's hangout, no children allowed. Famous for their oysters on the half shell, smoked oysters and rare burgers. Supposedly, if you ask for a rare burger they'll ask whether you want it 'warm rare' or 'cool rare.'
enginecapt
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3486
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/11/29 18:32:19 (permalink)
Lemon pepper both sides, medium, grilled, but pan fried is just fine, on a large toasted onion bun with ketchup, mustard and relish, then smothered in pan fried onions with bacon brumbled on them while browning. Washed down with a Rolling Rock or cherry 7-Up.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/11/29 18:45:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by Grampy

quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

quote:

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN

I have only had locally raised organic ground beef over the last few years or, like Michael, have ground my own beef from smaller distributors. No mass-supermarket trash. The chances of being sick are next to nil. E-coli, not salmonella, is simply not likely. In fact, it has not been reported at all under these traditionally raised conditions. I would have no fear of any parasite or other food-borne illness by eating my organic beef raw -- if I chose to. As it is, I make the best RARE burgers without any hint of detriment. All folks get from my burgers is sheer joy of eating a food that evokes the past in an age of fast foods and supermarket glut. All are welcome to eat at Grampy's (Rob's).

Organic has nothing to do with getting E-Coli. No matter who you purchase from, the danger comes from contamination of feces from the stomach. If you slaughter the animal yourself and are extremely care, even that does not contain the bacteria. Only carefully cooking alleviates the poison.

Enjoy your beef or burger as you wish but you have to be aware of what you give to others.

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
garykg6
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 358
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/11/29 18:58:24 (permalink)
RARE,on a onion roll w/ 'Branson Pickle',which is a relish-like condiment usually available only in British specialty shoppes....perhaps a slab of colby cheddar....I am beginning to swoon!
aleswench
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 686
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/11/29 19:01:24 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by berndog

Sprinkle with some Montreal steak seasoning on both sides, then grilled hot enough to make the outside brown and crispy while the inside is still pink and juicy. Served with a slice of sweet onion and some Dinosaur BBQ sauce on a hard roll.

Montreal "brand" makes hamburger seasoning now too. I've been able to get it in Shop Rite (East Coast) - it's really really good IMHO. Not too salty and a nice flavor. I've said this like 3 times already-but sprinkling with this and using Lone Star's method previously posted is outrageous.
trax
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 9
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/12/16 09:52:31 (permalink)
I like my hamburgers with all sorts ways except well done but my favorite is: Fresh ground with a litle course salt mixed in. Cooked on the grille Rare, a slice of cheese on a fresh bun slightly toasted. A thick slice of home grown tomato and Vadlia onion and ketchup. Then after the burger a nice ear of silver queen soaked in water and gilled in the husk with butter and salt and pepper.

Life Is Good
juliev
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: How do you like your burger? 2004/12/26 16:09:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by UncleVic

Wow, after starting this burger question I was really expecting to see folks saying well done burgers in this day and age! Just shows me there's lots of people with good tastes still out there! Now just convincing my local burger joint medium rare means just after the mooing stops, and not curling over and dried out! Thanks!

LOL@curling and dried out!

I always add salt and fresh cracked black pepper. If I add garlic, I like fresh, minced garlic. It has to be med for me, pink in the middle. I sometimes add alittle ground italian sausage too, for a change.
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1