How much of your menu do you eat?

Author
Hot Dog Empire
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 177
2011/06/30 17:25:40 (permalink)

How much of your menu do you eat?

Iv'e been experimenting for the last 3-4 months with menu items that I want to serve. Initially I was going to open this year, so I got all the licenses, market research etc completed. I am now going to push everything off until the spring of 2012 as I just don't feel comfortable wiping out almost all my savings to get this going. So, im going to piece it out a little at a time and hit it hard come spring time.

In the meantime, how do I stop from getting fat - testing out all these dogs, brats, burgers, fry's, sandwiches etc?  I seem to have a gathering at my house every two weeks (6-10 people) and while they all like what they eat, I get enough negative feedback (at least to me) to start all over with new brands/items. Although this could be a tactic used by them to keep getting free food.....LOL Am I being too selective? At what point did you say "thats great, im gonna run with that"? Am I putting too much thought into this?

I probably should have just started up my trailer this year and adjusted things as I went along. My concern was, that my initial offering would not make them line up to come back. Im my own worst critic and I have real concerns about the food not being "perfect".
Soo.....how long did you obsess over your menu items before you launched your business? How much weight did you put on, trying to get your menu dialed in? 

3 Replies Related Threads

Ort. Carlton.
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3589
    Re:How much of your menu do you eat? 2011/07/28 16:26:32 (permalink)
    Dearfolk,
       I don't eat ANY of the menu. It wouldn't taste very good and would prove difficult to digest.
          Wholeheartedly AND Untermitically, Ort.
    Davydd
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 6379
    Re:How much of your menu do you eat? 2011/07/28 18:28:51 (permalink)
    I have but one suggestion. Provide something on your menu, a signature item, that one cannot find easily anywhere else locally. That's what brings me back time and again.

As to your question, "How much of your menu do you eat?" Go easy on the fries. I'm a plate cleaner and never know when to stop.
    kman160
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 160
    Re:How much of your menu do you eat? 2011/07/29 09:53:24 (permalink)
    If it's on the menu my staff & I have eaten it.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1