How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership?

Author
Voyageur
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 400
2009/01/31 16:17:41 (permalink)

How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership?

There's no information about canceling via search or in the FAQ and the contact Roadfood function implies that not all messages may get read due to lack of resources.

15 Replies Related Threads

bwave
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 231
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 16:59:20 (permalink)
    Hmm, wonder this myself?  It should be under  "My Roadfood"  but doesn't seem to be an option.   I have been considering cancelling also, trying to be patient.  I didn't mind the new look at first thought it was fine, but the last couple changes have been horrible.   I don't like the new reviews and logbook entries - and feel you shouldn't be able to create a review without pictures.  Feels like forum activity is way down.  Alot of non roadfood type restaurants being added.   Not much activity updating existing real roadfood type places, I don't see new reviews or logbooks being added to old entries, seems to only be new places.
    Bruce Bilmes and Susan Boyle
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1350
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 17:18:53 (permalink)
    bwaveNot much activity updating existing real roadfood type places, I don't see new reviews or logbooks being added to old entries, seems to only be new places.

You would prefer to see more reader reviews of existing Roadfood.com reviewed restaurants, rather than new reviews posted by the Roadfood.com editors?
    Voyageur
    Cheeseburger
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 17:37:05 (permalink)
    Bruce and Sue, I very much appreciate your wonderful new reviews.
    Greymo
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3710
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 18:08:12 (permalink)
    Now that I am used to it,  I like the new  Roadfood.  I also like it that there are reviews without photos.  In my personal opinion, some of the photogaphs do not come across well and I would rather just read the reviewer's words.  By what he says, I can better determine whether I would want to make a trip to a restaurant   rather than  looking at a picture.
    bwave
    Cheeseburger
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 18:09:28 (permalink)
    Bruce Bilmes and Sue Boyle

bwaveNot much activity updating existing real roadfood type places, I don't see new reviews or logbooks being added to old entries, seems to only be new places.

You would prefer to see more reader reviews of existing Roadfood.com reviewed restaurants, rather than new reviews posted by the Roadfood.com editors?

Managers/Employees change, food quality goes downhill, or the restaurant completely closes, especially with todays economy.  It would be nice if any members visiting these places would kindly add updated reviews.  Some of us travel 100 miles or more to visit some of these places, it would be nice to have current information.  

I do like the editors posts, but everyone should participate.   Seems to be a lack of new updates recently, maybe it's just the cold weather.
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 18:14:37 (permalink)
    bwave

Bruce Bilmes and Sue Boyle

Managers/Employees change, food quality goes downhill, or the restaurant completely closes, especially with todays economy.  It would be nice if any members visiting these places would kindly add updated reviews.  Some of us travel 100 miles or more to visit some of these places, it would be nice to have current information.  

I do like the editors posts, but everyone should participate.   Seems to be a lack of new updates recently, maybe it's just the cold weather.

You are right, and we have some reader reviews to post, but we've also had a lot of reviews to post lately so there's a backlog.  Don't worry, though, there's been no change in policy or anything, it's just how it's worked out.  There will be plenty of reader reviews coming.
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2124
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 18:16:33 (permalink)
    bwaveFeels like forum activity is way down. Alot of non roadfood type restaurants being added. Not much activity updating existing real roadfood type places

Forum activity was down immediately after the upgrade because people were a little lost, but now volume is above normal.

We have added hundreds of Roadfood places since the upgrade - more than ever in the history of the site.  I have no idea where you get your stats.

Lastly, twice as many people have been rating restaurants or food items since the upgrade.

By all accounts, the upgrade has been extremely successful, but I also realize you can't please everyone.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4580
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 18:33:41 (permalink)
    Wow, all that is another world from living in the rural mountain West. I just read the forums.
    I'm usually 2000 miles away from anything on the front page.
    Voyageur
    Cheeseburger
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 21:51:10 (permalink)
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    By all accounts, the upgrade has been extremely successful, but I also realize you can't please everyone.

Stephen, I really like the new site design and problems with the forum have incredibly diminished since its launch thanks to your hard work. I wish you would have used a BETA to roll out the new, while temporarily keeping the old forum active till the bugs in the new were worked out, but maybe next time. Overall, all is good.

What really ticked me off are the new post ratings. They profoundly change the tone of this website. I haven't liked them elsewhere, and I like them even less here, as this forum had more of an extended family feeling. Based on the comments of a moderator, ratings are here to stay, in spite of many complaints, just a PayPal remains on site in spite of many complaints. 

It's the classic engineers design oblivious to customer desires and needs.  

I try to be helpful here--Are my posts like those in http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Cliftons-Cafeteria-Los-Angeles-reviewed-m482552.aspx unhelpful?--but currently garner a negative rating. We should use the ratings to "improve" ourselves, a moderator instructed us, but I'd rather use my time elsewhere.

So, how does one cancel Insider membership--at least get it not to renew? Will you do it?
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 22:15:24 (permalink)
    Voyageur

Bruce and Sue, I very much appreciate your wonderful new reviews.

Thanks, Voyageur.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 22:22:26 (permalink)
    Voyageur, there was a beta which we tested, but not many folks paid attention
    bwave
    Cheeseburger
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/01/31 23:48:15 (permalink)
    You have to cancel through paypal it appears.   Login to paypal.com, click My Account, then Click History, from the drop down that says all transaction, click Subscriptions, then pick a date range, mine for instance I couldn't say "for past year" because was signed up in Nov. 2007 - so you might have to try a couple date ranges to find it.   It should list Roadfood.com Subscription and you can click cancel from there.   Subscription is $19.95 per year, mine runs through Nov 2009 - so I'm just going to be patient and see if things improve.

Voyageur
    Cheeseburger
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/02/01 10:34:09 (permalink)
    Thank you, bwave. 

Because my subscription expires 10/13/09, probably should be patient, as you're going to be. Except for finishing several already started threads, though, you probably won't see me posting. 

bill voss

Voyageur, there was a beta which we tested, but not many folks paid attention

Sorry, Bill. Was out of the country when the new forum debuted and wasn't accessing the site. Would have loved to have helped you road test the beta. 

Did Roadfood try to recruit a team of frequent site users to test? Considering all that's gone on, it's a shame the beta was shelved before the major bugs were worked out. But, things seem much better now and what happened is in the past.

post edited by Voyageur - 2009/02/01 10:47:19
    mr chips
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4724
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/02/01 11:44:44 (permalink)
    I'm having the opposite problem. I want to renew my insider status but every time i click on the link to paypal it does not go through and i end up back at the same access denied page.
    1bbqboy
    Filet Mignon
    Re:How to cancel Roadfood Insider membership? 2009/02/01 12:06:46 (permalink)
    maybe you guys should just switch screen names :)
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1