How to make Tandori ?

Author
alishaikh
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 27
Flagged as Spam (2)
2014/02/06 08:03:47 (permalink)

How to make Tandori ?

Is there anyone how can say how to make chicken tandoori in half an hour because it is a task given by my boss to me, please guide me because a single thing what to do.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

7 Replies Related Threads

brisketboy
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/06 09:23:56 (permalink)
    Don't you have to have some kind of special clay pot? Saw this on a cooking show some time back.
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 409
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/06 10:20:17 (permalink)
    brisketboy

Don't you have to have some kind of special clay pot? Saw this on a cooking show some time back.

You can make quite serviceable tandoori on a grill or with a broiler, although I think you're right that a clay pot is traditional. This is the one I use on the grill:

http://allrecipes.com/rec...dian-tandoori-chicken/

brisketboy
    • Total Posts : 1117
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/06 10:38:15 (permalink)
    Thank you for that kevincad. I'm going to try this as there is an Indian market not too far from my work that carries the spices. I got to liking tandoori having to spend a good deal of time in the UK. I even got used to curry and ate that often. There are so many good Indian eateries here in North Austin one seldom thinks of making it at home but I intend to attempt this.
    Root-Beer Man
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 389
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/06 16:09:54 (permalink)
    Here's a piece from Serious Eats on doing it using a grill. 

http://www.seriouseats.co...out-tandoor-grill.html

And, if you want to take it up a notch, here's a piece from Lifehacker on making a Tandoor oven.

http://lifehacker.com/591...-to-the-hardware-store
    alishaikh
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 27
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/17 02:38:21 (permalink)
    Thanks for the reply I must say that you have good knowledge about Indian foods....
    kevincad
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 409
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/17 07:22:39 (permalink)
    brisketboy

Thank you for that kevincad. I'm going to try this as there is an Indian market not too far from my work that carries the spices. I got to liking tandoori having to spend a good deal of time in the UK. I even got used to curry and ate that often. There are so many good Indian eateries here in North Austin one seldom thinks of making it at home but I intend to attempt this.

I've grown to really love Indian food! I thought curry was curry until I found out the different curries. 
    bartl
    • Total Posts : 1329
    Re:How to make Tandori ? 2014/02/17 14:54:44 (permalink)
    Root-Beer Man Here's a piece from Serious Eats on doing it using a grill. 
    http://www.seriouseats.co...out-tandoor-grill.html

I've stolen the trick of making the slices in the chicken with a knife for my jerked chicken; I've even received compliments from Jamaicans about it (based on advice from Jamaican restaurants, I just use Walker's Wood in a plastic bag with the chicken for marination).

A number of years back, my wife bought me a "tandoor" from Williams-Sonoma; I can't even find it anymore. It was kind of like a tagine; it made for an interesting texture to the chicken (firmer but still tender). I asked barbecue author Steve Raichlen about using it to make tandoori chicken by putting it into a kettle grill; he suggested just cooking the chicken using the indirect method in a kettle grill. I use oak chips; it does get good results.

Bart
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1