I can't find this ice cream stand in the mountains around Asheville...

Author
Heartbreaksoup
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 465
2013/10/28 20:29:08 (permalink)

I can't find this ice cream stand in the mountains around Asheville...

Help me out, Roadfooders, my bookmarks have failed me.

At some point, I made mental note of a dairy bar / drive-inn or such not far from Asheville, but northwest of town.  We're making a day trip that direction in two weeks and the only thing that I can find that sounds even remotely like what I remember noting is Ammon's, which is in Waynesville, and that doesn't seem geographically correct.  We're coming up through Waynesville and so it's no trouble at all to stop there, and I remember the place that I read about being more like north of there, and out of our way.

Any idea what this place could be?

1 Reply Related Threads

Pancho
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 915
    Re:I can't find this ice cream stand in the mountains around Asheville... 2013/10/28 20:40:30 (permalink)
    Heartbreaksoup

Help me out, Roadfooders, my bookmarks have failed me.

At some point, I made mental note of a dairy bar / drive-inn or such not far from Asheville, but northwest of town.  We're making a day trip that direction in two weeks and the only thing that I can find that sounds even remotely like what I remember noting is Ammon's, which is in Waynesville, and that doesn't seem geographically correct.  We're coming up through Waynesville and so it's no trouble at all to stop there, and I remember the place that I read about being more like north of there, and out of our way.

Any idea what this place could be?
    Best I can remember that Ammon's place is just about a half hour west of Asheville off of I-40...I think it's the Rt 74 exit. It's not really in Waynesville anyway. Right next to Lake Junaluska. Don't know of anyplace else....I went to school in western NC and know and love the area pretty well.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Trial Version 5.1