I just became aware of Dove pints

Author
tmiles
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 2033
2005/07/26 15:19:05 (permalink)

I just became aware of Dove pints

The Dove bar has been common for many years, and Mars has IMO, handled the brand very well since buying it. If Mars decides to compete in the ice cream business with the same spirit that they have shown in chocolate, the other "pint" sellers of ice cream had better watch out. Dove is selling a pint with a special chocolate granace (sp?) layer on top. I have not been able to try it because it has been selling out. Are there any reports from the field?

13 Replies Related Threads

PaulBPool
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 278
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/07/26 16:06:27 (permalink)
    Hey T, I'm not sure where you live, but Dove pints have been available here in the NY area for at least a couple of years. Each summer they do a special flavor or two. Decent ice cream, if you ask me!
    tmiles
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/07/26 16:17:44 (permalink)
    I live in Massachusetts. Maybe they are rolling out the product by region, and maybe the "shortage" is part of our local rollout. M&M Mars is one smart company. The situation got me to post, so maybe I am an unwitting part of the plan.
    Extreme Glow
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 717
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/07/26 17:16:30 (permalink)
    They have them at Walgreen's in the St. Louis area. I tried one but I wasn't too impressed. I would much rather have Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Godiva Dark Belgian Chocolate, or Haagen-Dazs Dulce de Leche.
    mammascookin
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 85
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/09/29 16:20:09 (permalink)
    I was just getting ready to post on Dove ice cream myself when I noticed this thread. My sister-in-law is constantly eating this stuff. I finally today decided I would try it as I was wanting some ice cream. I got the Caramel Pecan Perfection with the Ganache layer on top. I think it is awesome. There are little chunks of dove chocolate swirled in with the caramel and the pecans have been dipped in chocolate. The ganache is a deep chocolate flavor mixed with the vanilla ice cream. It melts in your mouth nicely. I would say if you get the chance, try it!
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5566
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/09/30 01:16:33 (permalink)
    I think the chocolate granache top is gratuitous.
    It's a gimmick, and I feel it's just too much. It kinda ruins the ice cream experience for me.

ExtremeGlow, I also like Godiva. May favorite Godiva is the white chocolate with rasberry swirls.
    yum! (dark chocolate is right up there too)

I wish Ben and Jerry's would make their cream and blueberry with whole Maine blueberries again. All you can get is the frozen yogurt blueberry, and it's not nearly as good...and I haven't even seen that in a while.

The blueberries were so plump, it was heaven.
    Lusha
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/07 17:30:34 (permalink)
    Hello Everyone, I'm from here in Indiana & would love to know if anyone can tell me where to find this scrumptuous Dove ice cream with the chocolate on top? I've looked everywhere & to no avail have I had any luck at all finding it. Thank you.
    ocdreamr
    • Total Posts : 1110
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/07 18:52:39 (permalink)
    Lusha,
    Go to Dove's website http://www.dovebar.com/dove/icecream.htm and click on product locator to check to see if they sell the pints in your area. I fell in love with the "Irresistablely Raspberry" when living in Baltimore. I recently moved to Wilmington NC and was saddened to find that they do not sell the pints here
    Lusha
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 2
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/08 17:32:08 (permalink)
    I want to thank you so much OCdreamer. I'll now be able, I hope to try it. Soon, I hope too. You helped me so much. Thank you.
    mayor al
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 15321
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/08 17:37:22 (permalink)

Hi Lusna,
    Welcome to the Roadfood website. We're glad you joined us. There are several Hoosiers in the group. I'm down here in Lanesville (near Corydon). I hope you find the Dove pints up there in Bloomington. Enjoy your treat!
    AL
    tmiles
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/09 13:49:13 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by ocdreamr

Lusha,
    Go to Dove's website http://www.dovebar.com/dove/icecream.htm and click on product locator to check to see if they sell the pints in your area. I fell in love with the "Irresistablely Raspberry" when living in Baltimore. I recently moved to Wilmington NC and was saddened to find that they do not sell the pints here

My state of Massachusetts does not even show on the list. So far I have seen it ONLY at Cumberland Farms, a big C store chain around here. Maybe they buy it outside the area and get it to their stores in their own trucks.
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/09 14:15:57 (permalink)
    You pegged my favorite Godiva's too - the Raspberry and Dark Chocolate are great! I haven't seen the Dove ice cream around here- they say in Jersey they distribute to Quik Chek, WaWa and 7-11. Will have to keep my eye out. What we DO have readily available are the new Dove cookies with the Dove chocolate. I haven't tried them yet, though. Have too many girl scout cookies to get through first! Sue
    tmiles
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/09 14:32:08 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by aleswench

What we DO have readily available are the new Dove cookies with the Dove chocolate. I haven't tried them yet, though. Have too many girl scout cookies to get through first! Sue

Don't try them!!!! They are too good. I don't keep any in the house.
    aleswench
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 686
    RE: I just became aware of Dove pints 2005/11/09 15:37:55 (permalink)
    My waistline thanks you for the warning!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1