Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

I love a good local hamburger

Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 30 of 133
ssmith2217

• Total Posts: 7
I love a good local hamburger Mon, 05/2/05 5:18 PM (permalink)
I love Doe's in Little Rock, Arkansas or Greenville, MS. It can't be beat. I also like a burger from Varsity in downtown Atlanta.

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
    RE: I love a good local hamburger Tue, 05/3/05 12:33 AM (permalink)
    Ted Turner is opening a new type restaurant here that will serve his farm raised buffalo, probably be 10 bucks for a burger though..

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      RE: I love a good local hamburger Tue, 05/3/05 1:23 AM (permalink)
      Burgerville, in Oeron and Washington, serves only Pacific Nothwest beef. The burgers are tastey.

AndreaB

• Total Posts: 1303
        RE: I love a good local hamburger Tue, 05/3/05 7:16 AM (permalink)
        quote:
        Originally posted by dreamzpainter

Ted Turner is opening a new type restaurant here that will serve his farm raised buffalo, probably be 10 bucks for a burger though..

There's a Ted's Montana Grill in Lexington, KY, and yes they sell
        bison burgers. A friend who works there says they're very good and huge, but I'll stick to the "Willy Burger" from my local (Versailles, KY) Wilson's Pool Hall.

Andrea

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
          RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 8:12 AM (permalink)
          I'm lucky to have an outstanding burger/hot dog joint near my house. The "world famous Humpburger" (their words) is really good, even if it's only known locally. Best around IMO, and always made fresh.

hatteras04

• Total Posts: 1070
            RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 9:25 AM (permalink)
            quote:

We have two of these in Columbus, OH and though I have not been I have heard that the burgerrs are pretty tasty. You can can get either beef or buffalo for all of the burgers or steaks. From what I heard the average burger price is about what you would pay in other similar places. About $7 to $10 for a burger depending on the toppings and size.

shmuelio

• Total Posts: 63
              RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 12:05 PM (permalink)
              A really great burger in OKC is Big Ed's. They make a great burger and also have a choice of a really super size burger that is about the size of a large pizza. Also have great onion flavored curly fries.
              Pardon, I am new to the site and PC challenged, will try to improve.

Jennifer_4

• Total Posts: 1508
                RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 12:17 PM (permalink)
                Sad to say, I've eaten hamburgers at every little hamburger joint in Fresno, and I've found them all sub-par.... tiny, dry little patties, boring buns, drippy condiments.. the best I've had locally was from Denny's..

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17837
                  RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 12:28 PM (permalink)
                  Denny's? Denny's? Omigawd! Prepare to be attacked.

johnreed

• Total Posts: 58
                    RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 12:55 PM (permalink)
                    A friend in Fresno was telling about a great burger she had recently. I can't remember the name of the restaurant, but I'm going to find out.

If you're ever in the South, you simply have to try a Zarzour's burger. When the Sterns describe them as "huge, gnarled-crust, juice-dripping hamburgers hand pattied to order", they aren't just whistlin' Dixie!

Grillmeister

• Total Posts: 204
                      RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 1:08 PM (permalink)
                      Hutt's in Austin, TX! Grilled buns and plenty of mustard! Actually any Texas style burger will outperform those soft bunned, mayo dripping excuses for America's dish. If the bag isn't greasy....don't buy 'em. Needless to say, this burger genre has a loyal following!

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                        RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 1:20 PM (permalink)
                        quote:

And their burgers are lousy. I've had one. Ted's in Atlanta is actually run by the former Longhorn Steak founder - George McKerrow. Not as good as the Longhorn IMHO.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4484
                          RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 1:22 PM (permalink)
                          Best in Cincinnati, imho, is at Quatman's - a tiny, smokey hole-in-the-wall local bar with zero parking that serves food - in Norwood, just a bit north of downtown Cincinnati.

Very nearly it's equal is the burger at the Indian Mound Cafe a scant half mile south, also a small local bar with zero parking.

Zip's in mt Lookout is regularly voted the best, but after giving them chance after chance I have yet to have a good burger there.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                            • Roadfood Insider
                            RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 1:23 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Jennifer_4

Sad to say, I've eaten hamburgers at every little hamburger joint in Fresno, and I've found them all sub-par.... tiny, dry little patties, boring buns, drippy condiments.. the best I've had locally was from Denny's..

Denny's? Oh, you must mean Dennys that serves them 10lb burgers!

DinoS

• Total Posts: 128
                              RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 1:30 PM (permalink)
                              quote:

Jenn, if you ever get over on the 101 near Salinas try Burger Queen (not Burger King!) in Gonzales (15 mi S of Salinas, right off the exit). A local place with excellent burgers and other things.

Dino

Tony Bad

RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 1:52 PM (permalink)
                                My current favorite here on Lawn Guy Land, NY is at a place in Sayville called Sweet Magnolias. I also am always up for a trip to the famed All-American Burger in Masspequa.

jeepguy

• Total Posts: 1555
                                  RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 3:04 PM (permalink)
                                  quote:
                                  Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Yeah, from another post i read, Jennifer likes Denny's.

jeepguy

RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 3:10 PM (permalink)
                                    quote:
                                    Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

Yeah, from another post i read, Jennifer likes Denny's.

jeepguy

RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 3:15 PM (permalink)
                                      I have been eating cheeseburgers for 35 years at www.hackneys.net a small Chicago area chain. Thick juicy rare cheeseburger with a thick slice of raw onion, on homeade dark rye. So good! Great slaw and fries too, and fried clams! Yum!

WaffleHouserules

• Total Posts: 353
                                        RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 5:32 PM (permalink)
                                        quote:

Dennys! I wouldent let my dog eat there! I can get hamburgers for 50 cents at the bar down the road.

seafarer john

RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 6:12 PM (permalink)
                                          We are lucky enough to have a very nice burger served up at P&Gs restaurant here in New Paltz. In nearby Marlboro the Raccoon Saloon
                                          serves a great burger. A little farther afield, the Blazer Pub in Purdys NY has a really great hamburger and they have an offshoot in Poughquag, NY that is said to be just as good.

Cheers, John

garryd451

• Total Posts: 699
                                            RE: I love a good local hamburger Fri, 05/6/05 6:31 PM (permalink)
                                            These Hamburgers are awesome, thousands of people a summmer drive from Northern Indiana and the greater Chicago area to New Buffalo, Michigan to have thes these hamburgers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.redamaks.com

jeepguy

RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 3:42 AM (permalink)
                                              I loved Redamak's! Never did figure out why they left Chicago though. They made a great burger!

sammur

• Total Posts: 138
                                                RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 4:36 AM (permalink)
                                                quote:
                                                Originally posted by carlton pierre

I'm lucky to have an outstanding burger/hot dog joint near my house. The "world famous Humpburger" (their words) is really good, even if it's only known locally. Best around IMO, and always made fresh.

sammur

RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 4:37 AM (permalink)
                                                  quote:
                                                  Originally posted by sammur

Where do you live?

johnreed

• Total Posts: 58
                                                    RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 5:06 AM (permalink)
                                                    quote:

A friend in Fresno swears by these babies:

FAT JACK'S CLOVIS
                                                    (559) 299 - 1104
                                                    625 W SHAW AVE,CLOVIS,CA,93612

Have you tried them?

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                                                      RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 5:10 AM (permalink)
                                                      Sammur, I live on the NW side of Knoxville, TN and Hump's is close by, in Powell. I see from your profile you live in Savannah. Any good burger joints nearby?

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
                                                        • Location: Bonita Springs, FL
                                                        RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 7:29 AM (permalink)
                                                        Posted this previously on the Denver thread. Think it might serve RF-ers well under this topic:

If you want a truly GREAT RF burger you've got to visit the Cherry Cricket in Cherry Creek in Denver. It's just a bar, but it is known all over the area and is visited by all kinds of people from U of Denver students, downtown office workers, suburbanites, construction workers, you name it. More ways to build your own burger than you can possibly imagine, plus about 80 different beers on their beer menu (nineteen on draft). If you crave a good burger in Denver this is the place!

QFan
                                                        Bonita Springs, FL

mar52

• Total Posts: 7599
                                                          • Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                          RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 10:28 AM (permalink)
                                                          Apple Pan in Los Angeles.

Wonderful hickory burgers that could be bigger.

Prepare to wait for a table.

You just kind of stand around the counter watching others finish their food, waiting to snatch their seat.

sammur

• Location: SAVANNAH, GA
                                                            RE: I love a good local hamburger Sat, 05/7/05 1:54 PM (permalink)
                                                            quote:

Sammur, I live on the NW side of Knoxville, TN and Hump's is close by, in Powell. I see from your profile you live in Savannah. Any good burger joints nearby?

I think Toucan has, among other very good things, a great cheeseburger. Some people think The Crystal Beer Parlor is good, but I don't. People say that Tango (on Tybee) is also good and I'll plan on trying it and report back.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12345 > | Showing page 1 of 5, messages 1 to 30 of 133

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com