The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

I miss Bob's roadtrip reports

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 101 of 101
carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sun, 08/19/12 11:55 PM (permalink)
Louis, I do still have all the pictures from the Pittsburgh trip in June 2010, and thanks to all the kind comments and encouragement from so many Roadfooders, I'll probably finish that trip report sometime in the near future. Right now though, I'm unable to download any photos online. There were some problems getting my computer hooked up when I moved to Batesville and, as a result, I've lost the ability to do the photo-posting thing. Sometime soon I'll get a tech guy over here to straighten things out and then, even though I'm not in a position to travel much nowadays, maybe you'll see an occasional trip report.

Louis

• Total Posts: 713
    Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Mon, 08/20/12 7:41 PM (permalink)
    Well, if you'll do it in the near future, then I'm a happy camper--and I'll bet a lot of other people who frequent this site will be, too.

Welcome home, once again, Bob, and this time don't go away!

<message edited by Louis on Mon, 08/20/12 7:42 PM>

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
      Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sat, 08/25/12 7:08 PM (permalink)
      Yay, Bob's back!!! I don't want to live in a world where the bullies are allowed to win.  

Nice to see you, my friend. And yes, you are expected to come up with an Indiana tour for next spring. You can leave Roadfood.com, but you can't leave The Contingent. Yes, it is like the mafia. The Third Coast Mafia.

carolina bob

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sat, 08/25/12 9:10 PM (permalink)
        stricken_detective

Yay, Bob's back!!! I don't want to live in a world where the bullies are allowed to win.  

Nice to see you, my friend. And yes, you are expected to come up with an Indiana tour for next spring. You can leave Roadfood.com, but you can't leave The Contingent. Yes, it is like the mafia. The Third Coast Mafia.

I'm glad to be back, Aimee, but, like I said, I'm out of the food tour organizing biz. If anyone else wants to plan a SE Indiana chicken tour, I'll be glad to help in putting it together, but I'm happier being a noncom than an officer in any future troop movements.  BTW, there's a pizza place in downtown Batesville called Ison's that does a really dynamite thin crust pepperoni pie and deserves to be included in any RF tour down this way.
        <message edited by carolina bob on Sun, 08/26/12 12:38 AM>

stricken_detective

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sat, 08/25/12 10:00 PM (permalink)
          How much longer are you going to be in Batesville?

Do they really make caskets there?

carolina bob

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sat, 08/25/12 10:39 PM (permalink)
            My lease is up at the end of March, so I've got about seven more months of Hoosier status ahead of me, then it's back to good ol' Crook Cook County. And yes, this town is the corporate home and main plant ( they have six in the U.S. and Mexico ) of Batesville Casket Co., one of the country's largest manufacturers of "permanent housing". Their sister company Hill-Rom ( hospital beds ) is also located here.

stricken_detective

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sat, 08/25/12 11:33 PM (permalink)
              I was in a very nifty hospital bed last week for a renal clearance @ Mayo Clinic. I wonder if the bed was made there?

We'll have to see what we can do for a Roadfood Road Trip!!

(I can't believe there are no factory tours, what a bummer. They're sitting on a goldmine with that, you know...)

carolina bob

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sun, 08/26/12 12:25 AM (permalink)
                stricken_detective

(I can't believe there are no factory tours, what a bummer. They're sitting on a goldmine with that, you know...)

I don't know about that, Aimee. Something tells me that there's not a whole lot of people who would pass up the tourist destinations in nearby Cincinnati for a chance to see coffins and cremation urns being made. But then, lots of people watch Jersey Shore, so there's no accounting for taste.

stricken_detective

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sun, 08/26/12 1:23 AM (permalink)
                  It's a whole industry. The fans call themselves Death Hags. You can see it at find a death dot com...or so I hear *cough* 

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
                    Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sun, 08/26/12 12:03 PM (permalink)
                    You can go up to Grand Marais, MN to the North House Folk School and...

Build Your Own Casket 

carolina bob

Re:I miss Bob's roadtrip reports Sun, 08/26/12 2:06 PM (permalink)
                      Davydd, Batesville Casket's products are certainly fancier, but they sure can't match the price that North House charges. If it wasn't for my total lack of woodworking skills, I'd definitely take advantage of this bargain. Come to think of it, though, I don't need to be concerned about the price... I'm not the one who's gonna pay for the damn thing!
                      <message edited by carolina bob on Sun, 08/26/12 2:09 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                        Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 101 of 101

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com