The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

I note that Quizno's has a new boss

tmiles

• Total Posts: 1908
I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 3:41 PM (permalink)
He is the same guy that "saved" Burger King. I had a coupon so I went last week with the wife and daughter. Even with the coupon, it was, IMO, overpriced. They were fairly busy, though, so some people must like it.

MBFDFyre

• Total Posts: 243
    RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 3:52 PM (permalink)
    I think their subs are the best in the world. But I totally agree that they are way over priced.

buffetbuster

RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 4:00 PM (permalink)
      The Quizno's closest to me was open less than a year before they closed down. I haven't exactly missed them.

MBFDFyre

RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 5:28 PM (permalink)
        We never had a Quizno's in this area a couple years ago. Now we have like 8. Its crazy.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
          RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 5:58 PM (permalink)
          it's awful and overpriced. I believe I already gave the full blown details in another thread, so I won't bore you all with an encore of the same tune. Suffice to say, it would take an overhaul to get me inside a Quizno's again. So far, the double meat thing is not working for me - since the meat is one of the big problems.

Tedbear

• Total Posts: 1832
            RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 6:04 PM (permalink)
            My one and only experience with Quizno's caused me to ask (rhetorically, at least), "How can they put so many ingredients on a sandwich and still produce something with virtually no flavor?".

Despite meat, cheese, onions, some kind of sauce, and a few other ingredients, the sandwich that I ate was essentially devoid of flavor. My friend, who ordered a different sandwich than I did, reacted exactly the same way that I did. Instead of "Where's the beef?", we were both asking, "Where's the flavor?"

When one adds in the cost, it just doesn't seem like much of a bargain, IMHO. If I want a sandwich of that type, there are a few independent sandwich shops in my area that produce very tasty sandwiches at much lower cost. Heck--even Blimpy is far better, at least in my experience.

snaggle

• Total Posts: 24
              RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 6:15 PM (permalink)
              Way too much bread for the amount of meat in between. I avoid like the plague.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
                RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Tue, 01/23/07 6:45 PM (permalink)
                I tried Quizno's several years ago. When they handed me a sub that had tomatoes and lettuce that had been "toasted" I paid for it and tossed it in the trash.

mr. sausage

• Total Posts: 75
                  RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 1:09 AM (permalink)
                  I don't want to be a snob( I was checking out the fast food forum, after all) but...Quizno's???
                  Honestly, somebody needs to overnight a real NY/Philly hero to MBFDFyre.

MBFDFyre

RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 9:35 AM (permalink)
                    I live in Vermont people. hahaha We don't have much here. My standards and expectations are low

wheregreggeats.com

RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 10:40 AM (permalink)
                      Best in the world ??? Ever been to, oh say, anyplace in Connecticut, Maine, etc. ???

We had a Quizno's open on Main Street in downtown Northampton, Massachusetts ... taking the place of a beloved bakery and coffee shop. The Quizno's tanked ... Happily chains don't survive in this downtown. I hope that fact never changes.

Ashphalt

• Total Posts: 1644
                        RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 11:35 AM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by wheregreggeats.com

Best in the world ??? Ever been to, oh say, anyplace in Connecticut, Maine, etc. ???

We had a Quizno's open on Main Street in downtown Northampton, Massachusetts ... taking the place of a beloved bakery and coffee shop. The Quizno's tanked ... Happily chains don't survive in this downtown. I hope that fact never changes.

Greg,

A little off-topic, but have you ever seen the front page of the first edition of the Hampshire College student newspaper (then called The Climax)? Headline was: "McDONALD'S OPENS IN HADLEY. CIVILIZATION DRAWS TO CLOSE."

Glad to hear things haven't changed much in the Valley.

roossy90

• Total Posts: 6695
                          RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 1:34 PM (permalink)
                          quote:
                          Originally posted by Scorereader

it's awful and overpriced. I believe I already gave the full blown details in another thread, so I won't bore you all with an encore of the same tune. Suffice to say, it would take an overhaul to get me inside a Quizno's again. So far, the double meat thing is not working for me - since the meat is one of the big problems.

Amen to that, Scorereader!

corabeth

• Total Posts: 157
                            RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 2:39 PM (permalink)
                            quote:
                            Originally posted by Michael Hoffman

I tried Quizno's several years ago. When they handed me a sub that had tomatoes and lettuce that had been "toasted" I paid for it and tossed it in the trash.

I would not have paid and allowed them to throw it into the trash.
                            Ugh a "toasted" with lettuce and tomatoes---vile.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                              RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 01/24/07 4:03 PM (permalink)
                              Have agree...expensive and tasteless. BTW when you pay for it and toss it it keeps a good MAD going.

LexiLev

• Total Posts: 21
                                RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Mon, 01/29/07 3:00 PM (permalink)
                                Hopefully it will mean some improvement.

I like their subs, but their customer service is beyond horrible. They gave me somebody else's sub one time, which had burned, and refused to remake mine.

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
                                  RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Mon, 01/29/07 4:51 PM (permalink)
                                  ...does he look like a mutant hamster?

thefoodguy

• Total Posts: 44
                                    RE: I note that Quizno's has a new boss Wed, 02/7/07 9:49 AM (permalink)
                                    I went once.
                                    I could think of way better places to spend 10 bucks.Way better.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                      • No New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                                      • Read Message
                                      • Post New Thread
                                      • Reply to message
                                      • Post New Poll
                                      • Submit Vote
                                      • Post reward post
                                      • Delete my own posts
                                      • Delete my own threads
                                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com