I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in

Author
SLamberg
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 5
2008/06/18 00:28:07 (permalink)

I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in

What gives? I have my PayPal receipt, but am not recognized by the site as an Insider. There is no phone number on the site and no email to anything related to such problems.

Is anyone really home? Can anyone contact a live person and get me registered or send my money back?

10 Replies Related Threads

Poverty Pete
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2295
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/18 02:48:22 (permalink)
    You need to contact NascarDad. He'll get you up and running.
    MiamiDon
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 4306
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/18 05:52:24 (permalink)
    At the bottom of the Home page, click on "Contact Roadfood.com".
    SLamberg
    Junior Burger
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/18 09:28:22 (permalink)
    I have done that and sent multiple emails. The office appears to be shuttered. Why not an automatic registration with payment?
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2125
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/18 11:17:07 (permalink)
    SLamberg, you registered yesterday and I see you paid with an eCheck. Your registration will be activated once the check clears with our bank. In the future, paying with a credit card gives you instant access.
    SLamberg
    Junior Burger
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/18 11:30:50 (permalink)
    I tried to use my visa, but the system reverted to PayPal which I do not like. Paypal takes the money from my bank accnt and is not really a credit card. Anyway I can get access today or tomorrow? I leave on Fri. If I do not have access by then, there was no point in signing up.
    Guilty One
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 204
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/18 15:40:24 (permalink)
    This kinda sounds outdated to me.
    When I do check by phone, two seconds later, they say I'm all paid up and they never actually see the check.
    I know American Express secures the cash from my check within 60 seconds of opening my envelope.

When I walk into the utility company with a check, I watch them slide it through a machine and say it cleared.
    David_NYC
    • Total Posts : 2164
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/19 18:34:45 (permalink)
    SLamberg,
    About 18 months ago I helped someone with an existing PayPal account pay with a credit card, where PayPal was providing the seller's "merchant account". We finally figured out that if you have ebay and/or PayPal cookies on your machine, PayPal does anything and everything possible to prevent the transaction to be protected by the consumer protection laws covering credit card transactions. It will try to take money out of your PayPal account. It will try to take money out of your checking account. My friend tells me PayPal kept Bee_ess_ing her to get "verified" by adding another account number. She already had a savings account listed with them. They wanted her
    C H E C K I N G account number. Then its PARTY TIME for PayPal. Banks don't look at echecks anymore. It is up the customer to catch fraud, then file the report with the police, the affadavit to the bank, etc.
    No Talent
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 262
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/19 19:03:24 (permalink)
    Hey David I have heard of people opening a bank account or getting a credit card just for one purchase on eBay and then cancelling right away.

A little off topic is that I once bought movie tickets online (God knows why) and noticed on the monthly statement a $14.00 monthly charge for some discount card I didn't want but they claimed I agreed to when I bought those tickets.

I got it reversed and the discount card cancelled. It happened again the next month and I got it reversed and then called the credit card company and said the card was lost or stolen so please send me a new one with a new number. I wasn't playing that game anymore. I'll bet billions are made from people who just pay a bill because they didn't look at it or didn't want to bother fixing it.

I took over the finances of an elderly person and was getting many bills that weren't valid including some handwritten ones. When I questioned them and wanted time/dates/details, they all seem to go away.

This means the previouse conservator was just paying whatever bill came in. Insane.
    Stephen Rushmore Jr.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 2125
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/20 07:06:39 (permalink)
    Just to clear the air, Roadfood.com has been using PayPal for 6 years and we have never encountered a problem and our users transacting through Roadfood are the same.
    ces1948
    • Total Posts : 1510
    RE: I paid for Insider but I cannot sign in 2008/06/20 19:08:54 (permalink)
    Not that it won't happen tomorrow but I've used Paypal for years and probably have several hundred transactions with no issues.

Charlie
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1