I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread:

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
joerogo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4564
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 09:15:17 (permalink)
Tony Bad

1bbqboy

?

Exactly!
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2507
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 10:10:11 (permalink)
I have seen people come and go in the Roadfood site. I have heard over and over about the so called "old timers" that control the site. If it wasn't for the old timers, who the hell would show up everyday. Many of the new people come in here to get info, not share info. If you want to be a member of a social group, it's up to that person to have what it takes to be accepted. This is a give and take site, I guarantee, if someone come in here being this kind of person, they will be accepted. There are strong personalities in every site, everyone needs to have some backbone, this isn't Sunday morning church services. I have had the pleasure to interact with some of the so called Old timers, it has been my pleasure to call these people friends. I have learned, if your going to throw shi- at someone, you better be able to get it back twofold. I see a lot of good in this site, I like the people here, once you get to know the members, you will see a lot of their heart and soul.................pnwc
post edited by PNWCHEF - 2012/01/11 11:46:02
ann peeples
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8650
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 11:36:12 (permalink)
I am here every day, as well. I continue to love this site for many reasons.
Mar-I have to disagree with you on one point. When it comes to banter between some posters, "jumping in" is rarely acknowledeged. I have observed that time and time again. So I think most people sit back and let the conversation run its course without joining in. Not a bad thing, just an observation.
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 12:26:47 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

I'd never go to Philippes with him. I'm holding out for an invitation from you.

Anytime, You, lleechef, Greymo, Joerogo, Mosca, Al, Mike S, PNWCHEF, Mar, Ann, BB, Paul, Fishtaco, Foodbme, whomever! We can make it a Mason Dixon Gettysburg meet and greet!
Bill Voss will provide the entertainment, he says!
Oh and rebeltruce, I know he's been here, but I've never met this nice man!
post edited by chewingthefat - 2012/01/14 11:48:07
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18857
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 12:31:55 (permalink)
That would be a blast.
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5116
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 14:10:28 (permalink)
joerogo

Tony Bad

1bbqboy

?

Exactly!

tiki
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4140
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 14:26:03 (permalink)
lleechef

I'm here every day although I don't post every day.  I happen to think it's a great site.  The best part is all the wonderful folks that I have met and had the pleasure of breaking bread with.  Also fished with quite a few.  They have all become dear friends.  As for the nasty posters, I just ignore them.

ME TOO!
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8309
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 14:31:28 (permalink)
Can I be called something other than an Old Timer?

I haven't been here that long!
rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 702
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 14:49:22 (permalink)
chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

Anytime, You, lleechef, Greymo, Joerogo, Mosca, Al, Mike S, PNWCHEF, Mar, Ann, BB, Paul, Fishtaco, Foodbme, whomever! We can make it a Mason Dixon Gettysburg meet and greet!

Count me in one this Fat.........

pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 14:51:28 (permalink)
mar52

Can I be called something other than an Old Timer?

I haven't been here that long!

using the term
Sorry Mar, what I really meant by "old timers" was the people that stayed in here and supported this site over the years. For now on you would be "Cali BBQ Chic" You have the know how and your always hungry.

Chewy, a Meet and greet in Gettysburg would be great, I'm not sure I know Mason or Dixon but, if they drink beer we should get a long great.................
mar52
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 8309
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 14:55:19 (permalink)
Cool!  (I'd usually not like Chic but this time it's okay) 

Any of you ever write in a thread only to be PM'd and asked to delete what you wrote because it was off topic or it ruined the flow of the topic?

Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10353
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 15:10:46 (permalink)
mar52
Any of you ever write in a thread only to be PM'd and asked to delete what you wrote because it was off topic or it ruined the flow of the topic?

No one's ever PM'ed me to that effect but probably could have when I go off on a tangent.
Benzee
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1878
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 15:34:25 (permalink)
Hey now !!!!!

Joe Rogo going , I'm there !!!!

Benzee
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 16:23:16 (permalink)
mar52

Oh, yeah! Some simpleton pulled that on me twice. You'd think after the response the first time he'd get the picture.
chewingthefat
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 6186
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 17:34:03 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

mar52

Oh, yeah! Some simpleton pulled that on me twice. You'd think after the response the first time he'd get the picture.

Why would PNWCHEF do that?

Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 17:35:51 (permalink)
Not him.
Sundancer7
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 13548
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 17:45:42 (permalink)
chewingthefat

Michael Hoffman

That would be a hike for me in East TN but it sure would be fun.  Maybe I could bring some Popcorn Sutton.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Sutton#Popcorn_Sutton.27s_Tennessee_White_Whiskey

It is pretty good stuff I understand but I have never tried but it would be something on the edge of the Mason Dixon line for folks in that area to sample.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Sutton#Popcorn_Sutton.27s_Tennessee_White_Whiskey

Paul E. Smith
Knoxville, TN
pnwchef
Filet Mignon
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 18:21:10 (permalink)
I would hook it up with a family trip to Washington DC, send the wife and kid to the monuments and then go with Chewy to the Bacon Museum...." />
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3751
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 18:24:56 (permalink)
Good for you.  Chewy is a lot more fun than the monuments!  I live half way between the two and would choose Chubby's Barbeque any day!
post edited by Greymo - 2012/01/11 18:26:27
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 18:41:29 (permalink)
I'm in.

EDIT: We're in. Miss Roadfood Congeniality says we'll be there.
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2012/01/11 18:43:05
Sonny Funzio
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 913
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 22:11:18 (permalink)
Russ Jackson
Activity at one time on this site was vibrant and informative. Not saying it isn't of value now, but nowhere near the levels of where it once was. ...  It was once a regular part of my day, week and life. ... Members have come and gone and returned again. Site has changed a couple times. Changes that were met with protest and praise.  
Attitude seems to be going through a down turn and it should stop. It's just my opinion...Russ

I hear you on that Russ.  Maybe I'm not remembering accurately, but it seems like when the forum application changed, the whole nature of the discourse did too.

More than people being prickly though, what I've noticed is an apathy.

It appears that nobody noticed, but I did not post for 2 years
I just came back this week. 
Not that I'm owed a hello, but you'd think that well over 800 posts would account for something. 
Like I say.

Since my return, I have posted a request for help with a technical issue that is making it tough for me to continue posting and have been roundly ignored by both Mods and any Admin's.  In fact an issue that was part of the reason I left two years ago.
Like I say, an apathy.  And I think it is pervasive in its effects.
I'm holding forth.   We'll see where and if it goes.
post edited by Sonny Funzio - 2012/01/11 22:13:19
Greymo
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3751
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 22:15:15 (permalink)
Michael Hoffman

I'm in.

Well tell her that she is in for some stiff competition because thereis a certain young lady who is dying to meet you!!!!
1bbqboy
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4644
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/11 23:36:43 (permalink)
and I missed you, sonny.
Russ Jackson
  • Total Posts : 2257
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 06:40:35 (permalink)
mar52

A better question would be have you ever been PM'd to blow up a thread. It sure seems that's what happened to this one. All good things.......Russ 
Russ Jackson
  • Total Posts : 2257
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 06:47:12 (permalink)
Sonny Funzio

Russ Jackson
Activity at one time on this site was vibrant and informative. Not saying it isn't of value now, but nowhere near the levels of where it once was. ...  It was once a regular part of my day, week and life. ... Members have come and gone and returned again. Site has changed a couple times. Changes that were met with protest and praise.  
Attitude seems to be going through a down turn and it should stop. It's just my opinion...Russ

I hear you on that Russ.  Maybe I'm not remembering accurately, but it seems like when the forum application changed, the whole nature of the discourse did too.

Not that I'm owed a hello, but you'd think that well over 800 posts would account for something. 
Like I say.

Since my return, I have posted a request for help with a technical issue that is making it tough for me to continue posting and have been roundly ignored by both Mods and any Admin's.  In fact an issue that was part of the reason I left two years ago.

Sonny I think you are right on the money. The site appears to be tired. A wake up call might be in order. 

WELCOME BACK SONNY
...RUSS
kozel
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 844
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 08:23:52 (permalink)
I agree with Sonny.  I find I don't read as many posts as I used to and now what I read is more because of who started the thread as opposed to the subject.  And I really miss the Ancient one.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 08:54:52 (permalink)
Greymo

Michael Hoffman

I'm in.

Well tell her that she is in for some stiff competition because thereis a certain young lady who is dying to meet you!!!!

The Littlest One?
post edited by Michael Hoffman - 2012/01/12 18:58:47
Tony Bad
Fire Safety Admin
  • Total Posts : 5116
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 09:53:52 (permalink)
Sonny Funzio

Since my return, I have posted a request for help with a technical issue that is making it tough for me to continue posting and have been roundly ignored by both Mods and any Admin's.  

Moderators do not have access to the inner working of the forum software, so we really cannot make the changes you request or even investigate why things work as they do. Sorry.

As to the comments about a lack of posts that are worth reading...something I hear/read quite often...this community is dependent on what the members contribute. There is no team of paid writers who are hard at work producing material for your enjoyment. As good old Aristotle said a couple of thousand years ago, you get out what you put in. Pretty simple concept.
Mosca
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 2983
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 10:06:17 (permalink)
Foodbme
Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 10353
Re:I was looking through the Hot Dog section and found this disturbing thread: 2012/01/12 10:51:47 (permalink)
Russ Jackson
Sonny Funzio
Russ Jackson

Like I say.

Sonny I think you are right on the money. The site appears to be tired. A wake up call might be in order. 
WELCOME BACK SONNY ...RUSS

See my post #12 above
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1