I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland

Author
signman
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1743
2003/05/13 09:47:24 (permalink)

I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland

Need to make a quick trip this week on this route. Looking for suggestions along the way. Columbus, OH to Breezewood in particular.

2 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18267
    RE: I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland 2003/05/13 13:04:25 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by signman

Need to make a quick trip this week on this route. Looking for suggestions along the way. Columbus, OH to Breezewood in particular.

You could always take the downtown exit from I-70 in Columbus and go south on Third Street about five blocks to Max & Erma's in German Village. They have good burgers, soups, salads, etc. Exiting at Brice Road, and going north will get you to a Bob Evans, a Waffle house, a Chi Chi's and several other places, all within a half mile. There's also another Max & Erma's in that area.
    wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7678
    RE: I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland 2003/05/13 13:34:45 (permalink)
    Forget the franchises! Go to Schmidt's sausage house in Columbus in the German Village Section just south of Downtown. Also for some real local flavor go to Zien's in Wheeling West Virginia. There is a review of this restaurant on this site. I've never been there, but have a coworker originally from Wheeling who raves about the place and always goes back there when she visits. Finally in Somerset PA go to Summit Diner for some real central pa home cooking. Not sure of their hours though.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1