The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland

signman

• Total Posts: 1743
I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland Tue, 05/13/03 9:47 AM (permalink)
Need to make a quick trip this week on this route. Looking for suggestions along the way. Columbus, OH to Breezewood in particular.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
    RE: I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland Tue, 05/13/03 1:04 PM (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by signman

Need to make a quick trip this week on this route. Looking for suggestions along the way. Columbus, OH to Breezewood in particular.

You could always take the downtown exit from I-70 in Columbus and go south on Third Street about five blocks to Max & Erma's in German Village. They have good burgers, soups, salads, etc. Exiting at Brice Road, and going north will get you to a Bob Evans, a Waffle house, a Chi Chi's and several other places, all within a half mile. There's also another Max & Erma's in that area.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
      • Roadfood Insider
      RE: I-70 Corridor, Indianapolis to Maryland Tue, 05/13/03 1:34 PM (permalink)
      Forget the franchises! Go to Schmidt's sausage house in Columbus in the German Village Section just south of Downtown. Also for some real local flavor go to Zien's in Wheeling West Virginia. There is a review of this restaurant on this site. I've never been there, but have a coworker originally from Wheeling who raves about the place and always goes back there when she visits. Finally in Somerset PA go to Summit Diner for some real central pa home cooking. Not sure of their hours though.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
        • No New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
        • Locked w/ New Messages
        • Locked w/o New Messages
        • Read Message
        • Post New Thread
        • Reply to message
        • Post New Poll
        • Submit Vote
        • Post reward post
        • Delete my own posts
        • Delete my own threads
        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com