I-79 Pennsylvania

Author
jsgbuffalo
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 1
2003/07/24 13:41:33 (permalink)

I-79 Pennsylvania

In about a week we'll be driving from Buffalo, NY, to NC via WV. Any suggestions for lunch places near I-79 between Erie and Pittsburgh? Relatively close to the highway would be good. Thanks!

3 Replies Related Threads

wanderingjew
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7910
    RE: I-79 Pennsylvania 2003/07/24 14:55:06 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by jsgbuffalo

In about a week we'll be driving from Buffalo, NY, to NC via WV. Any suggestions for lunch places near I-79 between Erie and Pittsburgh? Relatively close to the highway would be good. Thanks!

When I was living in Pittsburgh and had withdrawal pangs for the beach, I would head to lake Erie for the day. It was over 2 hours each way, but it helped ease the symptoms. When returning to Pittsburgh, my buddy and I would go to Sandalini's off the Meadville exit approx 40 miles south of Erie. They had decent Italian food. Another option in Cranberry Township approx 20 miles north of Pittsburgh is Domenico's a Sports Bar/Restaurant that has a fairly diverse menu. Finally another option off the New Castle Exit (rt 422) is the Kopper Kettle. A greasy spoon with hearty breakfasts. I believe they may be open for lunch too.
    lleechef
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 7025
    RE: I-79 Pennsylvania 2003/07/25 07:45:14 (permalink)
    Take the Zelienople exit and go a couple miles north on Rt. 68 and you'll come to a place on the left called the Log Cabin. It really is a log cabin. It used to be a rough and tough bar for all the hunters going to and from Tionesta to hunt. It was renovated and turned into a restaurant and bar and the food is excellent........great moose, deer mounts on the walls.
    nodreffahs
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 7
    RE: I-79 Pennsylvania 2003/09/10 00:06:42 (permalink)
    Those are both very good posts. Lots of places in Meadville and Cranberry Township, the log cabin is awesome. Grove city is another good exit. Outlet malls and all the regular fast food and steak house places. If you have the time check out the Quaker Steak & Lube in Robinson Twp. (Pittsburgh Area). Follow signs toward Pittsburgh airport Rt. 60 n. Two exits (less than 5 miles) off 79. Great wings. Just like the anchor bar.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1