The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

IHOP Monster Burger

Z66 Butch

• Total Posts: 198
IHOP Monster Burger Tue, 11/8/05 11:48 PM (permalink)
Of all places to get a GREAT BURGER! I am somewhat of a burger gourmet, I do not like chicken or most things with chicken in it. When we go to lunch I usually order a burger and fries. I like the Applebees burgers and have tried burgers at most chains and several local restaurants.

So a few months ago we were visiting our daughter near Cookeville, Tennessee and had the chance to take our 16 year old granddaughter out for lunch. She wanted to go to IHOP because she loves their chicken strips. I spotted the monster cheeseburger on the menu and knew that I had to try it. I will just say this: It is the BEST cheeseburger I have ever had! Yes I have had Max & Erma's and some of the others that claim to be the best but this burger tops them all IMHO!

There were two very large patties and two kinds of cheese. The tomatoes, pickles onions and mayo were on the side and I never put them on the burger. I was one of the largest burgers I have ever ate but the taste of the beef was what made it. We have stopped a couple of times at other IHOPS and I have tried the burgers there, they are all that good!

Sounds strange doesn't it? A great burger at a pancake house. Try it and see if you agree that it is one of the BEST burgers out there!

Dipstick

• Total Posts: 337
    RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 8:07 AM (permalink)
    MH and the rest of the chain gang are gonna get ya!

Lexi

• Total Posts: 248
      RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 9:21 AM (permalink)
      Sounds like an 'advertorial' to me...

nvb

• Total Posts: 468
        RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 9:32 AM (permalink)
        How much do they pay these guys to do that?

Lexi

• Total Posts: 248
          RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 9:59 AM (permalink)
          Hey Butch,

Please go back and read the definition of Roadfood. We don't like to endorse chains as they are the primary reason that most mom 'n' pop places are forced out of business. And you mentioned two of them in your very first post!

In the spirit of Roadfood this simply isn't done.

Z66 Butch

RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 10:11 AM (permalink)
            quote:
            Originally posted by Lexi

Hey Butch,

Please go back and read the definition of Roadfood. We don't like to endorse chains as they are the primary reason that most mom 'n' pop places are forced out of business. And you mentioned two of them in your very first post!

Thanks for the tip! I just found this forum and the thread "Hamburgers, Discuss your favorite burger joint in this forum"

I enjoy MANY mom & pop places and will let you know some of my faviorits the the threads. I am retired now but when we worked we used to take many vacations along state and US Hwys advoiding the interstates. We enjoy trying the small out of the way places so I think I will fit right in around here after I learn the rules.

Do you guys ever get together and try some of the places that are recomended here? I am in another large forum and GTG's are a big thing there.

Butch

PS ADMIN: feel free to remove or edit my first post! sorry......

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
              RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 10:24 AM (permalink)
              Don't apologize Butch. Welcome to Roadfood.

(admin: how about, we just move this thread to the chain food forum.)

IHOP burgers

That reminds me. I has the BEST pancakes at Outback.

Z66 Butch

RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 10:39 AM (permalink)
                quote:
                Originally posted by Scorereader

Don't apologize Butch.

how about, we just move this thread to the chain food forum.

IHOP burgers

That reminds me. I has the BEST pancakes at Outback.

Good idea! I just found that forum.

Butch

wheregreggeats.com

RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 11:31 AM (permalink)
                  Candidly, I think that knowing about a hidden gem in a FF place is worthwhile information.

I'd have to be pretty desperate to try a burger at IHOP, but who knows.

Butch, welcome to RF.

Fieldthistle

• Total Posts: 1948
                    RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 1:21 PM (permalink)
                    Hello All,
                    Welcome Butch.
                    We are a strange lot here, we are a nasty lot, we are a truly a loving lot.
                    I have never been to IHOP, but you have made me think about going there.
                    Take Care,
                    Fieldthistle

dreamzpainter

• Total Posts: 1609
                      RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 5:20 PM (permalink)
                      quote:

Hey Butch,

WELL GOSH DARN AN GEE WHIZ! Don't ya worry Butch, I and many others have made the same faux paus on many occasions! I admit to an unsophisticated palate and I still contend that FF is the penultimate roadfood because it can be gotten quickly and eatin while driving, a sackfull of Krystals or even TacoEll tucked next to the shifter will keep you rolling for a couple hundred miles. Now back to IHOP... the wife will often decide she wants a chocolate, chocolatechip pancake so its off to IHOP. Usually I go for an omolete with all the sides but I have on occasion gone with a pattymelt or other burger. I don't recall them being called Monster as that name has become associated with Hardee's spectacular omage to gluttonous indulgence but the IHOP version is rather tasty.

Z66 Butch

RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 6:33 PM (permalink)
                        quote:
                        Originally posted by dreamzpainter

quote:

Hey Butch,

WELL GOSH DARN AN GEE WHIZ! Don't ya worry Butch, I and many others have made the same faux paus on many occasions! I admit to an unsophisticated palate and I still contend that FF is the penultimate roadfood because it can be gotten quickly and eatin while driving, a sackfull of Krystals or even TacoEll tucked next to the shifter will keep you rolling for a couple hundred miles. Now back to IHOP... the wife will often decide she wants a chocolate, chocolatechip pancake so its off to IHOP. Usually I go for an omolete with all the sides but I have on occasion gone with a pattymelt or other burger. I don't recall them being called Monster as that name has become associated with Hardee's spectacular omage to gluttonous indulgence but the IHOP version is rather tasty.

Thanks, I feel better already!

I just went to IHOP's website and checked because what you said about Hardee's did make sense. IHOP does in fact call it the Monster Cheeseburger. They do have several other burgers and patty melts. The Monster Cheeseburger is 2 thick patties smothered in American and Provolone cheeses with lettuce, tomatoes and mayo on a grilled Romano-Parmesan bun. It puts the Hardee's burgers to shame IMHO.

By the way, why is this post still here, I gave permission to move it to the chain food forum..............

Butch

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 6:55 PM (permalink)
                          Because I am too lazy to move it right now... it will shift later tonight when I feel more like pushing all the buttons

Welcome to the Roadfood site!
                          Al-The Mayor[|)]

berndog

• Total Posts: 674
                            RE: IHOP Monster Burger Wed, 11/9/05 7:11 PM (permalink)
                            Welcome Butch, and like I've said before, although we all love roadfood, sometimes your travels bring you to a location where you just don't know any good roadfood Mom and Pop type places. In these situations, it is good to know which FF chains may be worth trying.

For that information, I welcome reasonable posts about these kind of places. I may be one of the few, but I won't go into a tizzy because a FF post appears.

Thanks for the tip about IHOP, as I would not have thought of that as a place to try a burger. I like the provolone cheese being used. If I have an opportunity to pick my (burger) cheese, it is usually either provolone or a good cheddar, with some bacon coming along for the ride with the cheddar version.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                              RE: IHOP Monster Burger Thu, 11/10/05 10:41 AM (permalink)
                              Not a big fan of provolone on a burger.

I think provolone is too mild of a cheese.

IMO, burgers need stronger cheeses, like Cheddar, Swiss, Bleu, etc. something with bite.
                              Even most muesters can be too weak.

trudyn

• Total Posts: 117
                                RE: IHOP Monster Burger Sat, 11/12/05 9:46 PM (permalink)
                                The Castagna Cafe in Portland, Oregon has a bleu cheese burger that is consistently voted the best in Portland.

Oneiron339

• Total Posts: 2075
                                  RE: IHOP Monster Burger Tue, 11/15/05 7:19 AM (permalink)
                                  With so many roadfood places to try, I still haven't placed IHOP near the top of my list to get a burger. One of these days perhaps.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                    • No New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                                    • Read Message
                                    • Post New Thread
                                    • Reply to message
                                    • Post New Poll
                                    • Submit Vote
                                    • Post reward post
                                    • Delete my own posts
                                    • Delete my own threads
                                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com