Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.)

Author
jajarino68
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 154
2006/10/15 20:12:16 (permalink)

Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.)

There was a small ice cream place in the Altamonte Springs Mall circa early to mid 80's. It was called Bob's Old Fashioned Ice Cream. They also served fresh squeezed lemonade. The ice cream, either vanilla or chocolate, came as a square on a stick. They would then dip into chocolate and you could have it dipped in nuts as well.

I've never come across another one. Does anyone recall one of these being anywhere else? I don't know if it was private ownership or a franchise of some kind.

6 Replies Related Threads

MikeS.
    Fire Safety Admin
    • Total Posts : 5475
    RE: Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.) 2006/10/16 02:26:25 (permalink)
    What city and state are you refering to?

MikeS.
    jajarino68
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.) 2006/10/16 10:42:21 (permalink)
    I'm sorry. I guess that would help. This was in Altamonte Springs, Florida.
    Mollydarling
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.) 2007/08/16 16:22:51 (permalink)
    I know this is a little late in coming, but I do remember Bob's Old Fashioned Ice Cream! Town East Mall in Mesquite, TX had the store, and while I rarely ever got the ice cream, I lived for that fresh lemonade.

The only other one I ever saw was at the Broadway Square Mall in Tyler, TX--but that was back in '92. I sure do miss that store.
    divefl
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1671
    RE: Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.) 2007/08/16 16:36:54 (permalink)
    Wow, this topic brough back memories. I used to ride my bike to that mall. I drove back by it a few years ago. I'd get crushed by 10 lanes of traffic if I tried to relive my childhood now. Around the same time there was a pretzel shop store in the mall. It offered toppings like they still do. But unlike the small cup you get along with the pretzel now, they would put the pretzel on a stick and dunk the whole thing in nacho cheese, or cheddar, or melted chocolate. Even as a kid, I could not believe it when it closed. I still mourn that loss.
    jajarino68
    Cheeseburger
    RE: Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.) 2012/05/05 21:32:28 (permalink)
    I created this posting 6 years ago. In that time, I have continued my search to find out what became of this ice cream business. Someone has a business website that has in it's history a Bob's Old Fashioned Ice Cream kiosk.

However, the sign has a new name after the person who bought it.

The original sign looked like this one.

This brought back memories for me. I liked that this business was so simple. Not alot of choice, but good product. I did find a franchise that was selling what appeared to be a simliar concept with the same name, but it was a cart business. I would prefer a kiosk style. I'm not sure if this concept could survive today. It seems people want more choice.

JRPfeff
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 2766
    RE: Ice Cream Kiosk in Altamonte Springs Mall (Fla.) 2012/05/06 09:36:08 (permalink)
    I like your tenaciousness on this. 

My thing is the lighted, dripping glycerine fountain at the Brookfield Square Mall I'd stare at for hours when I was a kid.  I've never found a thing about it on the internet.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1