Ice Cream in Maryland

Author
McJeff
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 22
2008/05/20 16:09:02 (permalink)

Ice Cream in Maryland

Since the weather's starting to get warm, I'm looking for a good place to get ice cream. I'm currently in the Baltimore suburban area, and unfortunately, there hasn't been a great local icecream joint that I know of since the White Mountain Creamery moved to Rockdale (and quite possibly closed later).

So I am requesting suggestions and recommendations. Baskin Robbins is alright in its way, but not at all what I'm looking for.

2 Replies Related Threads

Robearjr
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1102
    RE: Ice Cream in Maryland 2008/05/20 22:11:12 (permalink)
    Bloom's Dairy in Bel Air on Route 543

Hoffman's Ice Cream in Westminster on Old Washington Road

Slyvan Beach in Mount Washington (Baltimore City/Baltimore County line) on Falls Road.

Each of these places make their own ice cream, and it is all very good. Bloom's offers a wide range of other products, such as cheese, meat and milk. Hoffman's offers a wide range of ice cream products, such as cakes and ice cream sandwiches. Slyvan Beach is a social enterprise that takes at-risk kids and teaches them how to make ice cream.
    Scorereader
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 5546
    RE: Ice Cream in Maryland 2008/05/21 10:10:24 (permalink)
    A bit further down in Maryland, is a little orchard and farm that makes its own ice cream. Good Stuff! Cherry Hill Farm and Orchard in Clinton, MD. Probably not worth going there every week, but maybe in the Fall, during apple picking time.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1