Ice cream pop sticks

Author
NYNM
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 3053
2008/05/02 15:45:49 (permalink)

Ice cream pop sticks

Last week I had some ice cream pops in Santa Fe NM from a Mexican place (people from Mexico) south of town. Helado, I guess. They were pretty good, vanilla pop, dipped in chocolate, rolled in colored sprinkles.

As I was finishing it, the "center" was different: the wooden pop-stick was darker wood than I was used to and it ended in squared rather than rounded corhers. It somehow "tasted" better, although maybe it was the power of suggestion.

I guess the wood was from Mexico. (?) Does anyone know, or know of variations in the US? I usually "hate" the stick part in the US pops.....

2 Replies Related Threads

fabulousoyster
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1855
    RE: Ice cream pop sticks 2008/05/02 15:56:44 (permalink)
    Most tongue depressors are made from white birchwood. I think the same wood is used for ice cream sticks and spoons. I think it all comes from our neighbors in China.
    NYNM
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3053
    RE: Ice cream pop sticks 2008/05/05 01:26:22 (permalink)
    quote:
    Originally posted by fabulousoyster

Most tongue depressors are made from white birchwood. I think the same wood is used for ice cream sticks and spoons. I think it all comes from our neighbors in China.

Well these sticks were not from China or at least not from white birchwood. They were dark brown, grained and hard. But good. Does anyone know what I mean here?
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1