Idea for local Cruise night crowd

Author
Hungry Dog
Junior Burger
  • Total Posts : 24
2013/08/06 21:40:23 (permalink)

Idea for local Cruise night crowd

Hiya guys,
   Seems with this Gutten free diet getting so popular, I have sold many dogs to people with out the bun,  I am sure you have as well.
I am doing "Cruise night" here next Saturday, I came up with the idea of offering "DIPPIN DOGS". Small cocktail weenies served in a small styro clamshell, served with a "Smokey Ranch Sauce" with one of those big frilly toothpicks for spearing them. What do you guys think of that? I was goin gto boil them to temp then transfer them to a pot with sauce for holding.

Any ideas for the sauce??

Also I was going to offer a "Veggie Dog" which is nothing more than all the Hot dog toppings I offer: Onions, Mushrooms, Saurkraut on the grill, Topped with there choice of cheddar or Swiss cheese, and mustard,

no dog.

Anyone try this before?
Thanks
 Leo

3 Replies Related Threads

slammin
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 104
    Re:Idea for local Cruise night crowd 2013/08/07 09:14:32 (permalink)
    Quite a few companies make a meatless "veggie dog". Looks like a hot dog but no meat. A few are pretty good, most aren't, at least to a meat eater. I think if you have a veggie dog on your menu and just put your toppings on a bun, you will have some disappointed customers expecting more than just relish, tomatoes and onions. If you want to go that route, grill some veggies and put them in a wrap, if your HD will allow it.
    post edited by slammin - 2013/08/07 09:16:25
    top^dog
    Hamburger
    • Total Posts : 89
    Re:Idea for local Cruise night crowd 2013/08/07 16:32:05 (permalink)
    i'm not sure catering to the gluten free hot dog crowd is going to make you any money....
    jcheese
    Double Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 759
    Re:Idea for local Cruise night crowd 2013/08/07 16:55:53 (permalink)
    I concur....
    Maybe lay some string cheese on a bun and top it with meatless chili, onions and tomatoes.

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1